Why have they never contributed anything to the development of popular music?

Why have they never contributed anything to the development of popular music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAgQ5InIO_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Edc2yVHRHiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA
youtube.com/watch?v=9TkHpvaO09c
youtube.com/watch?v=h6B_oEtBhnM
youtube.com/watch?v=c34H3NcqFWY
youtube.com/watch?v=f2OtgpKYSP8
youtube.com/watch?v=7GtFMeM63h0
youtube.com/watch?v=CLL91md6Y_o
youtube.com/watch?v=d8LojH3rFw0
youtube.com/watch?v=dSCwoYcp0IY&t=537s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're all autistic

What is this?

They have. You just don't leave your pathetic Anglo-oriented safety bubble.

This is complete horse shit

noise music

>who is Luigi Russolo

Recommend some jap experimental rock

your ignorance is cute

Wow, you definitely need to learn how to properly design a graph, you retarded fuck.

Your question is absolutely stupid, OP. But in any case, they don't need to contribute anything to music: they have already contributed a shit-ton to film and literature.

Yellow Magic Orchestra were as important as Kraftwerk.

Because they're more interested in experimental music

bwahahahaha

Yellow Magic Orchestra exist.

i don't know about you OP but while this album hasn't had a massive influence on the industry, it's a fucking fantastic album, and deserves a lot more recognition

yo yo yo
they created the 808 howboudah

>they don't need to contribute anything to music: they have already contributed a shit-ton to film and literature
No?

Japan has its own music. It doesn't really get marketed here because casual lads won't buy something that isn't in their vernacular. Everyone in Japan learns English in school and youth culture was born in the anglosphere and imported to Japan by the occupying US forces so Japan would actually have a larger and more internationally aware pop music scene than the English speaking world.

That's probably why they're making the best pop music now.
youtube.com/watch?v=SAgQ5InIO_Q

its posted literally a hundred times a day. it got plenty of recognition

No what? Are you saying that they haven't produced good cinema and literature? Japan has the most consistent national cinema produce of any country in the world and modernist Japanese literature rules hard.

They also make loads of good music, though, it just isn't exported to nearly the same extent.

they're more comfortable with imitation than the western world which places value on innovation

Are you actually fucking retarded? All western music is about imitating the music of the past. This isn't the 70's anymore, dawg.

zoom out from your tiny pop music bubble and you'll see what i mean

>he thinks popular music = pop music

What album is this?

this picture really proves a point: racists are retards

Great post, you almost actually said something. Keep trying, you'll get their eventually.

what do you mean ohpee

reverse image search

>what is the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack

Dude, just because The Velvet Underground innovates something and then 5000 artists from the west copy it doesn't mean the west favors innovation

The same thing happens with Japanese music, one band innovates and a thousand bands copy them, that's just how music works everywhere

the west certainly favors innovation. being first to something is equally important, if not more so, than being the best at something. you see this everywhere in music, sports, academia, everything. this isn't reflected in the east.

>Why have they never contributed anything to the development of popular music?
>Yoko Ono

Okay, if you want to argue the west favors applying innovation to those that stole from others, I can go with you, but actually encouraging it is another thing altogether and just flat out wrong

I don't know why you made up this weird argument but you're a fucking retard,

THIS IS WHY MACRON WON

their jazz fusion game is out of this world
youtube.com/watch?v=Edc2yVHRHiQ

>The Velvet Underground innovates
>The Velvet Underground
>innovates

You misconstrued OP and I pointed out why, clearly you're just stupid and I shouldn't have bothered

No I didn't. They have their own indigenous popular music as well as anglophonic popular music. They made their own and now make stuff informed by both. Very clearly what I wrote.

Calling someone stupid because you can't read is pretty ironic mate.

But POPULAR MUSIC does not equal POP MUSIC
The term "popular music" refers strictly to how the music is distributed and encompasses much of modern music, your talk about the "pop music scene" is irrelevant.

Why are you sperging out about semantics?
Pop music literally means popular music anyway, regardless of pop becoming a genre in its own right.

But you were specifically talking about pop music the genre and not popular music, meaning your point had little to do with the question

very dumb post

Ryuichi Sakamoto. Ask Bowie about him

Not at all. I wrote that they developed their own popular music - this is now the third time I've written that. That is literally the answer to the OP. The music that was popular in Japan was made in Japan.

Learn to read, stop getting upset for literally no reason.

best noise/ noise rock comes from japan

Not true for the noise rock part but they certainly do a lot for noise music in general

>they developed their own popular music
That is heavily derivative of Western popular music, congrats

Japan is literately the only Asian country worth a damn musically.
Korea is just some weird abomination of the jpop system and american pop music were all the acts make watered down western pop music and get plastic surgery to look like white people.
And i think in china they only let you sing communist songs and if you dont they take you to a room were there is one hanging light bulb and the last thing you hear is a gunshot.

The japanese were pioneers and contributors to electronic music.
The pioneers of electronic music were artsy fartsy and academic white and japanese guys

t. brainlet who doesn't realise Japan existed before WW2

this music is 50 years ahead of its time

Please hammer, don't hurt 'em

google "Ryūkōka", uncultured swine.

Japan appropriated western music but put a Japanese spin on it.
The Japanese also have a lot of musical variety, they make experimental weirdo music but they also make garbage pop music.

You look at korea and its just Asian people imitating white people imitating black people.

And if you dont know who yellow magic orchestra is, city pop, shibuya kei. I want you to give me your badge and your gun and go back to reddddit

Literally Nirvana wouldn't sound what they sound like if it weren't for boredoms.

Onkyo

You're just mad you don't have a fidget spinner

So you're saying that boredoms contributed towards the creation of bad music

GLORIOUS NIPPON MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

I wanna fuck all three of them, no homo.

>never invented the 808
>never invented the jazz chorus
>never invented the cs80 or dx7
>never made cheap trick famous
checks out

MOAR GLORIOUS NIPPON MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=9TkHpvaO09c

Wagakki band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all western music

You need to get the pro wrestlers who are also idols band too
youtube.com/watch?v=h6B_oEtBhnM

>tfw you'd totally let her choke you the fuck out

She's actually pretty good, too.

One of these is also a wrestler.
youtube.com/watch?v=c34H3NcqFWY

Japanese popular music crosses all media.

YET MOAR GLORIOUS NIPPON MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=f2OtgpKYSP8

So did westernization brainlet

>innovations in Japanese music don't exist because I think the good old USA is responsible for everything.
Stop posting forever, senpai.

>Miles Davis
>Kendrick Lamar
>In the same list
Make your baits more believable at least.

No one said that. There is a distinct Japanese spin on it but it is completely taken from western pop. You think their music would sound anything like it does without exposure to the west which they made a point to emulate?

I like their soundtracks a lot

Also nip metal is good.

retard

?

WE

The white people/black people thing is debatable ofc but I think this chart brings up a legitimate point that the Japanese are great imitators as opposed to innovators.

>this thing from Japan made by a Japanese person is 100% Western and not Japanese
Stop. If you want to make an actual point word it properly, right now you're just being a retard.

!!!

>merzbow is better than mozart
>the beatles are better than miles davis

Stop being a mad weeb, you are spinning what I'm saying. Japanese people wouldn't even argue it.

i love japanese lyrics *slits wrists*
youtube.com/watch?v=7GtFMeM63h0

City pop is uniquely Japanese.
Shibuya-kei as well.

I like Tatsuro Yamashita. But Japanese music really was only good during the bubble era.

city pop is just jap'd adult contemporary though

YMO was instrumental in the development of techno and a major influence on hip hop

You haven't made any sense, mate. You keep saying that everything made in Japan is Western which is retarded.
So music played in Japan in the 1400s was from the West? Does music only include commercial recordings?
That's without trying to make sense of your weird "ideas belong to this Western nation" narrative implying that an awareness of or even implementation of parts of music that existed somewhere else first negates the creation of new ideas in music elsewhere.

Take your meds, lad.

But the synths

List of Japanese classical composers on par with the Western greats:
>...

List of Japanese non-meme jazz composers on par with the American greats:
>...

Nigga yes, I honestly cannot listen to the intro song without a massive fucking grin on my face

>But Japanese music really was only good during the bubble era
youtube.com/watch?v=CLL91md6Y_o

>non-meme jazz composers
???

You just proved my point.

>Shibuya-kei (Japanese: 渋谷系?, "Shibuya style") is an aesthetic[6] and an eclectic form of pop music[1] which flourished in the mid to late 1990s.[3] Emerging as Japanese retail music from the Shibuya district of Tokyo,[4] artists purveyed a cut-and-paste style that was inspired by previous genres based on kitsch, fusion, and artifice.[7] The genre was strongly influenced by 1960s culture and Western pop music

Music from 1400s is not relevant today or to the discussion. You started with an argument that "Japan existed before WWII" which implies you believe the music since then is highly westernized but Japan started rampant westernization in the 1800s, which included culture.

Their traditional music is comfy as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=d8LojH3rFw0

exactly

Shit taste, user.

But the Japanese gave us this amazing album

youtube.com/watch?v=dSCwoYcp0IY&t=537s