HIPSTER BLACK METAL

Which is the definitive hipster black metal album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cX8pRsa5yc
youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ0jdWuFlE
metalsucks.net/2015/09/16/liturgy-go-record-shopping-get-no-actual-metal/
youtube.com/watch?v=zJvzuAu64fI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Patrician's choice coming through

Filosofem

In terms of quality? Sunbather
In terms of hipsterdom? Aesthetica

Neither of those albums are the best of their respective bands. Renihilation>Aesthetica and Roads to Judah>Sunbather

Souvenirs d'un autre monde is more hipster

It's also much less black metal than Écailles

Ecailles is better though

this is true

Now you're just agreeing with what I said

diff guy

>Souvenirs
>black metal
nigga wat

>definitive hipster black metal album?
>hipster
The word you meant to use was "Nu-male"

>HIPSTER BLACK METAL

Cringe thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=1cX8pRsa5yc
youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ0jdWuFlE

I unironically like The Ark Work.

There's nothing wrong with liking "hipster metal", the main problem is if you only listen to THAT p4k/fantano-core metal and don't delve deeper into most metal subgenres and their respective catalogue. Don't be some hipster faggot with kaki shorts talking about the "spoopy story of Burzum the absolute madman" while getting Sunbather on vinyl at your local record store.

Aesthethica is way less "hipster" than Sunbather. It's less accessible and way more avant-garde than your average metal album.

hipster =/= pretentious

Aesthetica is better.
This too

>wahhhhhhhhhh people are taking my genre of music and doing something different with it!

I love BM but sometimes the fans are the fucking worst. It's not like Sunbather coming out just destroyed all copies of Deathcrush or something.

I don't get the hate for Liturgy. Fuck xenophobic metal babies who are afraid of other genres
Some awful metal site even made an article about Liturgy's Amoeba selections because they didn't pick a single metal album
>imagine listening to a single genre

>hipster =/= pretentious
your opinion =/= correct

This. I've been a black metal fan for years, and I loved Sunbather. There's nothing wrong with liking "hipster" black metal in addition to actual black metal.

Actual Patrician's choice.

Explain yourselves.

I'm from the future. 20 years from now, the Art Work will be a cult classic.

>tfw Alcest is probably the only blackgaze band I can enjoy

Liturgy and Deafheaven does absolutely nothing for me, only irritates me.

>the Art Work

Yeah, Aesthethica is inaccessible because it's a load of stinking shit.

S U N B A T H E R

S U N
B A T
H E R

>tfw seeing Deafheaven and Alcest in a month
>tfw Ghost Bath will be there as well, and I might see them to just to see as much of a Deafheaven ripoff they are

Anyway, I think Sunbather is the more hipster one. Aesthethica isn't that hipster outside of the "trve black metal" community.
The Ark Work is way more hipster.
I enjoyed these three albums, but I think Sunbather is the best one. Aesthethica is fucking crazy though

If Ghost Bath is there, I hope they'll just play Moonlover since Starmourner was such a big pile of garbage.

What if the ark work didn't have vocals?

I haven't listened to a whole Ghost Bath album, only a few songs, but I really don't like it. They try way too hard to be hipster blackgaze, but in the end, their music is extremely cliché, and they don't bring anything.

The only thing I like about them is Moonlover's cover art, this shit looks great

I think the problem with The Ark Work is that Hunter wanted to experiment with electronics, but he forced himself to stick with Metal because Liturgy is a Metal band. I don't know if you've listened to his solo album last year, but it was way more interesting imo

hipster=pretentious

Someone post the video of the guy from liturgy with his shirt off breathing heavily into the camera please

>black metal

OP here. Interesting conversation. I'm not a fan of either of these bands, but I do find Liturgy's most recent album interesting. Also, I'm not shitting on either of them - I may not be a fan of these two, but I like a number of their contemporaries, like Oathbreaker and An Autumn for Crippled Children. Alcest is also growing on me.

I'm not a fan of Deafheaven, but that second video pissed me off. Even if you don't like something, don't be an idiot and scream it off the stage. Just shut the fuck up out of respect for the people who came to see them, not to mention the performers themselves. Fucking idiots.

Saw Alcest a few weeks ago, they're bretty gud live

SHAHAHAHAH metalsucks.net/2015/09/16/liturgy-go-record-shopping-get-no-actual-metal/ THIIS IS HILARIOUS

>The ethiopian jazz scene

The video is hilarious, but Ethiopia is actually world famous for its jazz.

Sunbather
>That's not even the memiest Liturgy album

yeah ethiopian jazz is really famous, you can find compilation of tizita at walmart

Aesthetica is better but Sun bat her gives you more indie cred

Deafheaven's demo has their best material

roses are red
there's ants in my pants
black metal is dead
youtube.com/watch?v=zJvzuAu64fI

>Black Metal
>Cover is pink
That's not how it works

I'm a bit out of touch, but I remember hipster dudes who never touched metal before were all suddenly creaming their skinny jeans over Wolves in the Throne Room and like Agalloch and 'atmospheric' stuff like 4 years ago or so.

Everyt ime they were like "But man, they like, live on a farm and are growing their own food!"

Yeah yeah, there it is.

leave Agalloch out of this

Same dude. Sunbather is nowhere near my favorite BM album, but the artwork is so appealing. Pic related.

hipster is a stupid meaningless term. but sunbather is absolute garbage and aesthethica is a masterpiece

Finally I have a reason to post this.

yeah but only because of the production. the music itself is incredible