What's the best way to learn about the Nordic relgion and Odinism? Should I just buy the Poetic Edda and call that good...

What's the best way to learn about the Nordic relgion and Odinism? Should I just buy the Poetic Edda and call that good? Or are there more/better sources?

Just read the sagas, you fucking cancer.

Internet. Then go to library for more information.

Just watch The marvel Thor movies a few times. You'll get it.

this fuckin guy

Go read or listen to the audio book that Niel Gaimen did about Norse mythology.

is it actually good, or is it just straight meme material?

Read Varg Vikernes' books

Already on my list actually.

Its probably the best books imo

wikipedia

>Odinism
I think you mean onanism

>Atheism
I think you men autism

Varg just makes his own shit up to fit his weird little world he's convinced himself of. His books aren't a good source for anything but thinking Varg isn't a fuckin sad loser.

It's actually a really good primer. It's most of the most classic stories written pretty well. If you already know norse mythology it won't tell you anything new, but it's a good introduction.

I didn't mention atheism

Look up Ásatrú, not just Odinism. Odinism often gets co-opted by supremacists, so the information can get pretty skewed by revisionism. The norse weren't scared of other races and didn't give one fuck about settling down with the locals, so it's hard to find sources that teach accurately about the facts without twisting it to whatever their current political feelings are. Ben Waggoner is a good source for well-researched, fairly accurate and bias-free information on native germanic religion, historical and modern. Diana Paxson is also a good source on modern practices.

Hey look everyone its one of the people who thinks varg is fabricating things even though his upbring and family passed all this down to him.
Sad loser? oh so being a creator, musician and a father makes you a loser? okay. i guess so. "he totally didn't define what good blackmetal sounds like no, hes a loser".

>reading some nobody instead of Edred Thorsson or Kveldulf or Hollander's Edda

>reading books foreign people with christian influences and christian education writes

Bruh, now YOU'RE making shit up. He's said himself that his family wasn't responsible for shit. They named him fucking CHRISTIAN for gods' sake! Try harder, snowflake.