Soccer Sexism?

I'm watching 60 Minutes right now and apparently the US women's soccer team is paid less than the men's team, even though they are better. Why is this allowed in 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're not. Female players are mostly amateurs.

Because they don't draw money, you have to make it to get paid.

because they produce less advertising revenue.
less money coming into league = less money spent on talent

fpbp

USWNT wouldn't beat most high school boys programs

Better? No, they wouldn't beat my uni team.

What is marketing?

DON'T

>Do you think you should be payed more then the men?
>Absolutely... We win... *smug grin*

Wanted to choke this stupid cunt.

>wahhh pay me equally for doing the same job as a man except doing it worse

>Manchester United hasn't won anything worth a damn in years
>still the richest sports club in the world
>just signed a single player for what? damn near 200M?

How can they afford to do this? Revenue, marketing, fans, everything needed to make MONEY. Things our women's team don't have. You have to draw the money in order to make it, it just doesn't appear outta thin air... Dumb cunts...

Its retarded, the whole equal pay thing doesn't apply to entertainment at all.

But they'd be stupid not to use it as a negotiation tactic.

DO NOT

>professional athletes complaining about money to the public

This pisses me off more than anything. Get fucked you millionaire cunt.

The women took in higher revs than the men in the past two years I believe

How consistent is this? Women's soccer is literally a meme and only time it has followers is on a world stage so Americans can stand up and shout USA USA USA and feel proud, then go back to not giving a fuck for another 4 years.

Proofs? I don't believe they even got a quarter of the views the men did

>they are better
The men's team would crush the women's team

This

Obviously women's leagues make nothing compared even to MLelS, but I would swear the women's NT is competitive with the men, advertising-wise. Mainly due to the fact that Americans only care about soccer when we win.
Before I started really following soccer within the last 10 years I'm pretty sure I could have easily named more players on the USWNT than the USMNT just due to higher profile/publicity because they were dominating.

Basically this, the womens revenue drops off dramatically if they arent in a world cup or olympics.

Plus, if I remember right the women's salaries are already a high percentage of their revenue than the mens.

Can I get some meat please?

Sure, you're right. Growing up I remembered the name Mia Hamm before Alexi Lalas or anyone else playing in the WC in '94. I remember, and it brings me back to this post Nobody in this country cares unless it's a sport we're winning in, if it's not one of the big 4 sports in our country, we MUST DOMINATE, not just win, but fucking demolish the competition for anyone to care.

>we do the same job as the men
>cant make the mens team

Two words: "Women's Soccer"

Ratings say otherwise

Proportional to revenue, USWNT made significantly more than the German NT for the 2015 and 2014 world cups respectively. If they want more money then their sport will have to generate more. Unless they want to be paid so much that it bankrupts the whole program

They can get paid more when they can beat a mens high school team

It should be based on how much money you bring in.

That being said, Isn't the US women's team more popular than the US men's team?

Only when it's in the WC and Olympics, other than that, nobody gives a shit.

Same reason the team of 17 year olds who beat them 8-2 before the world cup dont get paid as much as the men

You now remember that the USWNT got utterly dominated by the us u-17 team

does anyone give a shit about the Men's team ever?

God I can stand this shit. "Wahh we deserve to be paid more than the men for playing in a shittier tier of football".

If we switched the teams around, the USMNT would win every game 31-0 in the Women's bracket and the USWNT wouldn't even make it to the fucking Hex.

It's a myth
People do like to believe it, but the ratings say different
>Non-wc games: About 1M to 100k
>non-final wc games: 15M to 3M
The women's final did have like 30M but a men's final would have gotten 50M minimum
I can't remember where I saw this, but the MNT's audience has a larger percentage of women than the WNT

WC time. That's when we thump our chests, put aside politics, rivalries etc and beat up euroshits and thirdworlders

women's soccer doesn't generate the same revenue as men's soccer.

end of discussion.

ROASTIES BTFO

Yea, they should pay salaries based on how much they generate. Give them both the same percentage of revenue.

They women's team brings in some good revenue. They should get a pay increase proportionate to the revenue they bring in. The USWNT should have been getting paid more last year since they brought in more revenue.

according to the "liberal media" maybe. nothing points to it being reality though.

>female sports make less money than male sports
>cry because you aren't paid as much

women are so fucking retarded

Literally nobody gives a shit about women's sports.
I saw Carly Loyd talking about how they should be paid more than the men b/c they're more successful, but the reality is that shit doesn't matter. They'd be paid more if the sport was more marketable.

Funnily enough, giving women the same percentage as the men would be less money than they make currently

The best woman is still not as good as any man.

Pool the revenue from both teams together and have them playoff for it every year

I love how they think this will make them more likable, especially by women, who clearly attend the men's matches more than the women's.

They truly believe all women are in this together or some shit... LOL even female fans don't give a shit.

They never asked for equal percentages
They asked for equal pay
Same reason college players will never be paid

Our national women's team lost to a junior male side 7-0

abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458

Why does this picture make me crave thick cut deli meat?

No dude, Carly Lloyd literally just said she feels they deserve MORE income, not EQUALITY, SUPERIORITY.

Just like every bleeding heart liberal group it's obvious they don't want equality, but superiority, they want control and know the only way they have a shot at getting support is by making it seem like they want equality. They're full of shit.

B-b-but we win maor

saying men are better at sports than women is like saying women are better at getting pregnant than men. who cares?

i think the us women should be paid more than the men.
the us women are better at womens soccer than the men are at mens soccer. it's not even close.
but one of the reasons why the women are so dominant is that in this country women have more opportunity to participate in athletics. so to show that we care about being better than other places, we should pay the women more.

That's only because of the womens world cup in 2015 (which was held in Canada, so no/little time difference). The mens world cup in 2014 brought in much more than that.

I thought NTs didnt paid anything to the players

This is only going to make people dislike them even more so.

Seriously, what would happen to them if they actually went on strike?

Ding ding ding... Just like the liberals pissed the working class off by calling them all racists, then watching it backfire, this can only generate the same response. Too bad hardly anybody will see this, not enough to change shit.

Nobody would watch women's soccer at the next international tournament, they would simply forget and get on with their daily lives.

We don't give a shit about anything but the big 4 unless we're on the world stage and it's a sport we absolutely dominant in so we can feel proud.

I remember one time the best player of our women's national team tried to join a club in the 2nd division and didn't make the cut.

The obvious solution is to dock the pay of the "men"'s soccer team to match the women's team.

And knowing these cuck USMNT, I bet they'd be welcome to sharing their revenues.

Still would beat Canada

>womens soccer

they should count their lucky stars they get paid a decent salary to play at all. a woman making six figures kicking a ball around doesnt exist literally anywhere else on planet Earth

It's hysterical when these bitches say "they"

""They've" discriminated against us by not giving us more money"

'They' means the market, kek

>even though they are better
they lose to teenage boys. And get paid more than teenage boys.

I think they actually do draw more money than the men's, not sure though but nobody really gives a fuck about men's soccer here

where they'll take money to pay them if nobody wants to watch their shitty games?

Do want

>t. somebody who doesn't understand economics
You realize if the government provides healthcare people stop spending their own money on it right? That money becomes taxes to provide single-payer healthcare
Also, we stop spending trillions on shitty wars that both Republicans and establishment Dems want

More female fans show up for our men's matches rather than the women's matches. Nobody cares unless it's to help stroke our egos and fill us full of pride for a sport we hardly care about.

There's some compensation for each appearance, plus a bonus for making it to higher stages in a tournament. I think the bonus comes from FIFA. These are higher for the men than for the women, but the women also draw a salary from the federation to supplement the peanuts they get from their club teams. I think the women also get health insurance from the federation.

The funny thing is, they agreed to this in their collective bargaining agreement and are now trying to walk it back.

Why didn't the president of the US Soccer Federation give an interview to 60 Minutes?

If the equal pay issue is bullshit smoke and mirrors, then why didn't he lay out reasoning for the difference in pay?

If this issue is an invention of the liberal media then the organization could just go on fox news and give the facts. The only outlet where I have heard a cogent argument against equal pay is on Sup Forums. Why aren't these arguments made elsewhere in the media? The media is making the USSF look like the bad guys.

They are idiots for not speaking with 60 Minutes.

Gulati is too busy sucking on Klinsmann's dick

I think they issued a statement somewhere. Don't think it was on TV though.

they dont give a shit, its that simple

Why aren't players for the Minnesota Lynx payed more than players on the Minnesota Timberwolves? I mean they've won multiple championships and the t wolves haven't.

My high school soccer team won more then the men's team and we weren't paid at all.

#ageism

chill bro, it's a meme, you must have missclicked the board

so? you're implying they are self-loathing and they should go watch female shitty show just because they are female? should a woman not watch NBA because she have a duty to support WNBA?

the brazilian national women team, who are good to international standards, could be beat by an amateur. Many of those women play on USA, Canada, where they are training every day, receiving a nice salary in dollars, having medical/physiotherapeutic assistance, but they would still have their ass kicked by some dudes who works on blue collar jobs and play together in the weekends.

>Gulati is too busy sucking on Klinsmann's dick

>they issued a statement

>they dont give a shit

So, the US Soccer Fed. isn't run by sexists. It is run by idiots who can't into PR.

>so? you're implying they are self-loathing and they should go watch female shitty show just because they are female? should a woman not watch NBA because she have a duty to support WNBA?

No you moron, that's part of their argument like all bleeding heart liberals, that if you fit in a certain group, you MUST support the views of the majority, when in reality, even female fans care more for higher "quality" soccer, which is our men's team, which says a lot considering our men's team is garbage right now.

wtf i hate hillary now

the only reason I came into this thread.

>be women
>get paid a base salary by the US federation since you don't have a stable pro league
>get smaller performance bonuses than the men because the men don't get a base salary
>earn roughly the same amount all things considered
>still cry sexism
Fucking cunts I swear

HALAL

>couldn't even medal in the olympics

Fuck these dumb whores. They're a disgrace to America

DO IT

I don't see retards complaining that Paralympic players don't have the huge salaries of Bolt, Phelps or Nerman. If you can't attract the people, or play at the same level than others, it's fucking obvious you'd get less money fucking whore.

you can swear it until you are blue in the face, you would still be wrong.

men play in a much more watched tournament, where the money is split. billions of people watch the mens international competitions, less than 100 million watch womens games.

before you start crying about how unfair that is, the us wnt would never qualify in a million years.

>couldn't even medal in the olympics
Kek, seriously?

I didn't watch the women's soccer during the Olympics because lolWomen'sSoccer, but if the same team that just won the WWC can't win the gold at the Olympics a year later, that's hilarious.

that's nice, who is going to pay them? they make pennies to the dollar in ad revenue compared to the men. You going to donate to your cause?

the only reason why America is so dominant in women's football is cause no one gives a shit about it, not even americans.

>men play in a much more watched tournament, where the money is split.

>who is going to pay them? they make pennies to the dollar in ad revenue compared to the men.

If any of this is true then why doesn't the US Soccer Federation speak up? Why aren't they making these points, in person, to the public and 60 Minutes? The answers you gave aren't being made to the public by US Soccer or the media.

cause no one cares they'll just be called sexist. It's not about being right it's about being "progressive"...

>It's not about being right it's about being "progressive"
So this January they *will* be paid the same as men.

Good to know.

>it's a women whining episode once again

Women's right to vote was a mistake, we as men have failed God/Mother nature/flying spaghetti monster/whatever

POST THE VOID

THE