The Killing Joke

It's one of those situations where absolutely no-one is happy.

SJWs are mad because Barbara is built up then shot and forgotten. Soggy knees are mad because there's 30 minutes of Babs at all. Batman/Joker fans are mad because it completely missed the point. Babs fans are mad because it turned her into a whiny bitch who assaults random people. Film fans are mad because it feels like two unrelated TV show episodes spliced together, barely any thematic cohesion. Cartoon fans are mad because it's all animated in powerpoint. Drawfags are mad because instead of the trippy losing-your-mind artstyle of the original they just paint-by-numbers'd it. Moore is mad because he's always mad. Timm is mad because he made everybody else mad. Everyone's fucking mad.

All it takes is one bad film

Why are you starting a thread with my post, user? Do you have no original thoughts of your own?

that's Sup Forumss way of complimenting you, that your content will gather (You)s, the only point of this infernal board anymore

That's very rude, 'friend'.
I found this post in the archive, and thought it's a great analysis, then decided to post it as an OP because it deserves better exposure and can propel another fun thread with about a current release.

It won't, though. That's a fairly commonly held observation and even those who disagree with it don't disagree fervently enough to care arguing with it.

The Joker is happy that everyone is mad.

So how does a film go about fucking up this badly? So much went wrong there had to be a coordinated effort to ruin it.

the ending was fucking awful. why did they end it like that? also in the comic, they showed the comissioners cock.

Their shitty, flat artstyle completely butchered the moody atmosphere of the comic, and that massive prelude with the mafia upstart added absolutely nothing. TKJ just didn't need adapting, it was short and sweet and great as it was. I can't blame Alan Moore for asking his name top be pulled from this, it's so fucking unneccessary

Really? I don't remember that. Should read it again, it will help to take the bad taste from my mouth.
The whole thing is a disaster, if people think Snyder didn't understand Watchmen- and he didn't all that much-, the retards that did this film show what real miscomprehension is like. Leave it to chinks to fuck it all up.

>Moore is mad because he's always mad

Why was it even given a theatrical release?

That bugs me

that is such a reddit sentiment

I thought kevin conroy didn't sound right.

I've only been partially been told of this.
You mean the Barbera sexing Bruce thing wasn't the only thing that pissed people off?

why

I'm a huge fan of the band and I can't find any news or information about them anymore because I only get hits for your shitty capeshit. Fuck you.

I didn't even know there's a band with this- terrible- name. Fucking music babbys thinking they matter.

Go be a tripfag, fag.

Brian Azzarello turned into a retard these last few years.
Or maybe he just secretly hates DC and wants them to go bankrupt.

>type in "band" after the name
>problem solved

Fucking faggots don't even know how to use google

But it's an adaption of a comic that's been around for fucking DECADES, why are people acting so surprised?

Because the part everyone hates is a brand new story not adapted from a comic.

Why do people suck off the comic as some golden idol?

It's strange as fuck that Batman is laughing with the joker after he paralyzed Barbra and nearly shattered Gordon's mind.

Was the point that they're both insane?

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

what? why did they add shit?

Getting mad at irrelevant shit then crying about it on the Internet their parents pay for is the only thing millenials are good at.

They didn't have enough material for a full movie based only on Killing Joke, so they added a half hour Batgirl movie before it.

Flesh out Barbra in the story rather than just have her crippled because she's Gordon's daughter.

Of course it blew up by making her an unlikable bitch who attacks a stranger for arguing with his gf and fucks her teacher

If you add a minus in front of a word it avoids it in the search query

-DC
-Movie
-Batman
etc.

>Of course it blew up by making her an unlikable bitch who attacks a stranger for arguing with his gf and fucks her teacher
What a fucking slut.

Wasnt she raped?

So your teacher and mentor chaises you that you aren't taking your job seriously and does not fully understand the danger in the role you took up, and the way to show said teacher wrong is to jump him, tackle him to the ground and fuck him?

I wouldn't mind this approach myself :^)

>going to be a high school teacher by this January
>No girl will ever do this to me

;_;

Batman was just jealous that someone else wanted her, so that would be a reasonable response.

You would know

Clearly not. Almost everything about the film was bad. Even Hamill and Conroy felt flat most of the time, and it was fairly clear the director didn't bother directing them much.

>All it takes is one bad film

See? That's the killing joke. All it takes is one film for you to go nuts and shitpost on a chinese cartoon forum about it. Movie is pure meta kino.

>director
>cartoon

Nigga you retarded?

What are you implying? Seems to be something very stupid, so don't reply if you're gonna dig a bigger hole for yourself

But we can all agree Batman kills him at the end

kek
nice one

'NO'

Not in the book, not in the film. That's a meme theory

It's nice to see our children are in the hands of professionals

Cartoons have directors. Are you fucking retarded?

Directors sit in chairs and tell the actors what to do. How the hell are they suppose to do that for a cartoon? Are they telling the animators what to draw??? cmon man, think

ha ha oh wow

you deserve a gold star

Why did they change anything anyways, the source material was perfect just make a straight copy jesus christ.

I choose to believe this is bait

Is she getting thiccer?

I have the original book. My dad found it on top of a trash can a long ass time ago. I wonder if it will be worth money since theyve rereleased it once or twice and made this new dvd.

>the source material was perfect
oh, behave!

probably because it is short as fuck, so they need to add more shit for 80-90 mins movie and warranty for a theater release
like around 50 pages of comic, probably 30 mins max is good enough

You don't need to be around 90 minutes to get a theater release, you can be however long you want, they just wanted to make it feel more like a ~*~feature~*~

Which was a bad idea, turned terrible reality when they put a shitty disconnected Batgirl inane garbage to create the feature. This is Sony levels of incompetence and lack of good sense.

is this worth watching?

Of course

Not really, no. But if you've read TKJ, it's a hard itch to ignore

Because its capeshit, a genre that caters to autists.

>the source material was perfect
Killing Joke was awful

*tips*