Sci-Fi Prompts

Gimme your best sci-fi short film prompt/idea. I will make the one I like the most and post here upon completion (no money, just hobby).

A future dystopia where baneposting is currency.

Blade runner reboot
star trek the next generation remake
2001 remake
gravity remake
ET remake

So does baneposting earn money or is baneposting spending money or do you just exchange baneposts for goods?

Bane reboot

I forgot to mention this, but make it original. Papa's not a hack.

I know it's yokes but goddamn remaking a fucking 2013 movie would make me kill myself

Takes place on Earth 30XX
Humanity has already colonized a few other solar systems.
Story takes place during Earth's final year as the Sun is burning out, and only the Earth loyalists and those too poor to leave.

Appearently they remade all the spiderman movies already.
They're remaking remakes of remakes at this point

Cyber Punk, Robotic Papa John is a ninja and trows pizza at drgu dealers in a near distant kowloon.

stick to reboots m8

Small group of person from different planets are transported on a hostile planet. They have to use primitive technology to survive. In the end, they cooperate to steal the spaceship of their captors and left them on the planet.

Sounds like an Aliens vs Predators III remake desu

no predators, just survivalism and fights between the factions, but not every group is hostile to the others

half-robot half-human bounty hunter is ordered by the United States Government to hunt down the surviving agents of a failed assassination on the the planet Xerdan, sort-of a futuristic twist on Gilgamesh

2050. a end of the world event has happened, but the world's elites have managed to escape to a precarious colony in mars. the military, political and scientific leaders get killed in a freak accident, so only the rich celebrities and remain, and they will unsuccesfully and humorously try to rebuild civilization.

That's a neat premise. The "too poor to leave" part reminds me of Elysium. I guess the Earth loyalists would either be really old people or religious people.

What if the people put to survive on the planet to survive where prisoners/criminals and the new planet was like the Australia of space (ship all the shadeys)? I'm sure it's been done because fucking everything has been done, but the fact that nothing IMMEDIATELY came to mind is semi-comforting. This might be my favorite/most do-able that isn't a shitpost.

In a future where time travel is possible the only way to keep the movie industry profitable is to travel back in time and release reboots at the same time as the original film comes out. Obviously the futuristic effects and marketing attract bigger audiences crushing the original film out if existence and allowing the remakes funds to be stored until the production date in the future, by which time interest banks them even more cash.

Human kidnapped and thrown into alien gladiatorial games.

No rebellions, no "hey you speak English too", just human primal instinct in space

seems like a prequel to idiocracy, i like it!

A film about a meditative psychological drama occurring mostly aboard a space station orbiting the fictional planet Solaris. The scientific mission has stalled because the skeleton crew of three scientists have fallen into separate emotional crises. Psychologist Kris Kelvin travels to the Solaris space station to evaluate the situation only to encounter the same mysterious phenomena as the others.

Those plot points match, but unwilling survival can be broad and I think could be done uniquely in either a way regarding factions or government rather than "spooky aliens"

lol I think that'd be a light, comedic dystopia

Dystopian future where time travel exists and a Irish resistance movement send a trained assassin back in time to stop Pokémon Go from being released because the people of 2016 unknowingly agreed to the first phase of police state rule and Big Brother surveillance.
But the assassin fails because hes a drunk.

Sounda like Contest

Not sure of this, in my mind they put them on the planet for scientific researches or fun. The australia planet is a cool idea but it must be really crowded and i was thinking on groups of 4/5 person max

oh my god I love this

@Tarkovsky

people flee from a war and watch their homes burn from the space shuttle

A long-forgotten footnote in the paranormal reality that is constantly swept under the rug.

Some time in the 1940's, miners in Canada discovered (while mining) a black sphere. This object is so black that it appears to be 2D. It reflects no light or energy of any sort. Any and all tests that could be done on it returned that there was nothing there. Nobody can figure out what it is, it doesn't do anything, so it's just "sitting" exactly where they found it. A facility was built around it, exactly where it was. It could not be moved and seems to be fixed in space (it didn't fall when they dug the rock out from under it).

Now, though, it is the early 1990's, and what started as a robust scientific research project has succumbed to budgetary cuts from lack of interest as to what the hell it is or is not.

Two men sit in chairs and watch it. All day. They take shifts, day in and day out. They rotate out every 6 months with two other men.

Their job is literally just to look at it. Make sure it is still not doing anything.

In an alternate 1982, an alien ship inexplicably stops over Johannesburg. When investigation teams enter the ship, they discover a population of sick and malnourished extraterrestrials, who become nicknamed "prawns". The South African government confines the aliens to "District 9", a government camp that is located outside of Johannesburg. Thirty four years later, in 2016, following periodic conflict between the aliens and the locals living near District 9, the government hires private military company Multinational United (MNU) to relocate the aliens to a new internment. Wikus van de Merwe, an Afrikaner bureaucrat, is appointed by Piet Smit, an MNU executive and his father-in-law, to lead the relocation.

Movie starts with man in jail cell(in jail for murder of people he knew), guard comes up and tells him that his execution day is tomorrow, begs them not to, hes innocent, framed etc.
Guy goes to sleep, wakes up in the past as his future self, teams up with his past self to solve the murders he was framed for.

I was about to say "it could be to test a new planet for live-ability but then they find out it's dangerous so they have to get out ASAP" and then I realized I thought of the most basic sci-fi thing ever. :/
Any further thoughts?

I like this idea. Kinda like clerks or something, they just chat shit all day. They start putting posters up on it to make it look more interesting or shit like that.

there are no more original ideas in sci-fi

just mix up various stories (like iphone mix several products into one), or copy AHS Coven (create a story about a gang of anti-heroes in a sci-fi setting)

I was thinking about a badass character, he come from a particullary agile (agile not strong) race, he is the only left of his group because they dont give a fuck about building a settlement nd just fuck around alone surviving as they can. One of the "gift" of this race is to understand very quickly new languages, so i can use him as interpreter and avoid the trope "hey everyone talk english!" and "everyone talk the space common language" plus, if this character is a girl, i could ship her with the main character for a romance.

>that'll be four you's plus tip

A mysterious sci-fi setting but all about the bantz? lmao

The future of now. Obesity everywhere. Muslims taking over while cucks and sjws let them and whine about pointless shit like the all female gohstbusters, soulless cashgrabs of rebooted franchises that nobody askedf for. Those who are not Muslim, sjw or ducks have retreated into virtual reality. The remainder are trannys. All this shit is funded by welfare. Nobody is working ass robots do all the jobs. The monetary cycle is fucked. All this requires power, but as we have been bludgeoned into only caring about mundane shit, nobody has perfected a decent alternative to fossil fuels. The oil etc runs out. The things like plastic killing sea life and the bees all dying continues, nobody figured out a way to fix those properly. Poo in the Loos and the chinks kept on trashing everything cause Muh culture, and the West's need for cheap goods. Shit like the illnesses resistant to antibiotics means deadly plague of some sort occurs. Planet slowly dies, we die cause we fail at space travel. Ending is a bare planet, our laziness is what doomed us all.

Wall-E

I hate how the plucky underdog humans always beat the ruthless, gigantic alien war machine that should have ripped them apart with superior technology and tactics.

>humans develop space travel technology
>go out searching for new life and resources
>for centuries they find nothing but the remnants of civilizations long dead
>humans keep building bigger and better ships as they bring whatever resources they find back to earth
>space exploration becomes boring as shit, with crews half trained and bored out of their skulls piloting ships powerful enough to destroy an entire planet
>routine exploration mission comes across an actually inhabited planet, with a civilization just reaching for the stars
>humans, having not trained for first contact scenarios, have no idea what the fuck to do
>not helping is the fact that dave was showing off to mary from accounting and accidentally shot down one of their ships
>ayys go to war as the plucky underdogs, humans try to figure out how to get out of this without being fired

I actually really like this one. It'd be funny to see some incompetent humans accidentally become destroyers of worlds. I like the POV swap

Two scientists hijack a time travel craft, in which they can explore time but not change anything (the timeline reverts back to their original one when they restart the ship, undoing any changes they made).

They go forward to the 24th century, get a gun-like device that allows them to store physical 3D objects on a kind of hard drive, then go back and use it to kidnap historical figures, making them fight to the death in the abandoned colisseum of 4000AD and betting on the results. So Hitler vs Stalin, for example.

One of them goes mad with power and in a fit of rage over a lost wager, captures the other scientist with the material scanner/teleporter device and zaps him into the bloodstained ring. The scientist in the ring gets a pistol off Billy the Kid's corpse and shoots the rival scientist.

gonna sleep, but I'll return to this thread (if live). Thanks fellas, twas fun and I might do something with one or more of these.

Why make a new thread right before you go to sleep? It won't be alive when you wake up, threads die after about an hour at this time of day.