In your opinion, what's the biggest quality drop in a show?

In your opinion, what's the biggest quality drop in a show?

Dexter season 5 onwards

you posted it

I just don't see how anyone enjoyed anything after season 3. Season 4 is watchable. Season 5 is fucking abysmal.

Why did they kill the two best characters, Harrow and Jimmy? Who let Marky Mark produce a tv show for HBO? Season 5 was literally filter that taught me a lot about the character, but I think that would be a better first season, if season 5 was season 1, would you continue to watch it? I wouldn't.

Was that after Genndy left?

>Season 5 is fucking abysmal.
The flashbacks are the most perfectly cast I've ever seen, I will say that

Jimmyfag plz go

That's how I feel. It kinda of just became 1920s aesthetic -the show.

True Detective season two.

After the killer is revealed in Twin Peaks.

HBO has a problem with killing characters off for intrigue. Van Alden's death pissed me off the most. It was forced, and didn't make any sense.

i have the poster on the wall if that changes anyones opinion

Possibly indisputable tbqh

boardwalk showed a decline over a few seasons, like GoT is doing.

But true detective was just 10/10 season 1 and 0/10 season 2

Young Nucky is a lifter bro. His fake teeth were also pretty bad.

Yeah, but it's anthology. Doing something new with every season is bound to cause a decline in quality.

i'd still fuck him if we are being truthful

Doctor Who season 5

Simpsons Season 11

True blood season 4

Season 6 is when it became completely unredeemable
I didn't even watch season 7

They killed Jimmy off because Michael Pitt is an asshole who is really difficult to work with

This, and GoT after 2 or 3.

says a roleplayer on Sup Forums

Even still, season 3 worked without Jimmy.

GoT certainly declines after 3 over the seasons,
but Td 1 to 2 is a cliff, 1000 ft sheer drop

it really didn't, as evidenced by how the show went to "villain of the season" for the rest of it's run, rather than what it had been before.

Hannibal season 3

Saw this guy in the Toxic Avenger musical. He's also the kid in Sleepy Hollow. Thought I was the only one who knew who he is.

I'm serious, look it up

This is literally the only correct answer. It's literally the go-to show that people bring up when they talk about the dangers of a show running for too long.

>Steve Buscemi will be a shitty Sandler actor for the rest of his live
how do we save him bros?

Fargo after s1
Lost after s2
Homeland after s2
Mr. Robot after s2
Twin Peaks after a few eps into s2
Entourage after 30 seconds

Human Target takes the cake for this

Misfits when they sold their powers and S3 onward. Didn't even get past the first episode of S3.

Heroes s2

>Fargo after s1

Fucking moron.

that was always shit

First season was fucking amazing. Really spot on. But there were a few plot holes here and there that I didn't like.

>Homeland after s2

Came here to post this. Homeland season 3 is so bad and full of plot holes that if you showed it to a retarded person even they would feel like their intelligence was being insulted. Between season 3 and the season 4 finale I've given up on the show.

Scrubs season 9. Literally not even the same show.

i bet you have the directors cut of skins on blu ray, signed.

GoT.

Everything after S4 is unwatchable dreck.

S1 and S3 were the only 'good' seasons though.

Haven't even watched Skins you silly cunt.

Try again :')

you mean you didn't like a whole season dedicated to a dragon roleplayer and his blind gf?

Community after S2

the first season was hard enough as it was to watch, soon as I saw injuns in the second season I knew I blew it

the main hardcore Indian guy was the only thing that made it even remotely watchable

family guy season 12

This, so fucking stupid, why would you sell your immortality for £2000. And the replacements they tried to force in in ep1 of s3 also caused me to turn it off.

how convenient that it was the perfect wrap up to a 2 season long arc that was the primary focus of the show, and that it was shit aftet

S2 is BASICALLY pointless

Second half of twin peaks

lol i forgot i was watching this

loved season 5, probably my favourite of the lot

You're an absolute pleb but I'm sure you know that already

It wasn't the greatest show to start with but the last 2 series was fucking terrible.

Orange is the New Black was fine in S1

S2 was an abysmal pile of shit that turned everyone into a lesbian because the showrunners don't know how to create tension without resorting to romantic drama. Also Piper boring af.

This.

Van Alden at one point seems to be an alpha (here's a bunch of money wife now take off your slip I'm gonna fuck you on it) then before long he's a pussy again and soon a literal cuck.

They should have finished BE then made a spin off about Capone, Eli & Van Alden during Capone's rise to power.

Instead they ruined everything so they could make Vinyl which nobody cares about besides the nudity which following HBOs business model wouldn't have continued in season 2 anyway.

Pretty much yeah.

I just rewatched season 1 with my brother who hadn't seen it but I've got no interest in watching season 2.

He was great but I think the teeth felt a bit OTT.

the drop from 2 to 3 was far worse than the one from 1 to 2 though

I never had a problem with Twin Peaks season 2 but thought the movie was kind of a mess.

>Lost
Really a few episodes of season 2 is the maximum it should have taken for people to figure out this show was not going anywhere.

It's not even drifting away from the books really because there were some original scenes from season 1 written for the show I was disappointed when they weren't in the book. Like all of King Robert's character building outside of second hand accounts of his drunken behaviour.

Season 5 I barely got through but season 6 was one of the worst things I've ever watched.

BSG after season 2. It went from being one of the all time great sci-fi shows to being complete trash over the course of Season 3 and went full-retard in Season 4. There were a few standout episodes like The Oath/Blood on the Scales and the music was always god tier but other than that it had almost nothing redeeming about it whatsoever.

Luckily when they find New Caprica it's a great point to end the show and pretend everything after is an alternate continuity/dream/whatever.

Hayyyannnk

True Blood probably had the most obvious dip in over all quality: The Actors looked tired and bored, many simply changed the way their characters interacted for no reason whatsoever other than the fact you could tell they were bored. Sets got worse, the plot got worse, the writing got worse, and more and more it appeared that the writers had ABSOLUTELY no idea what they were doing post Season 4. I didn't even watch the final few episodes of Season 7, so absolutely bad and fan-fic tier did the writing become.

Sons of Anarchy's quality dip in Season 5 was also highly obvious. Seasons Six and Seven suffer much the way TrueBlood did- the actors were bored, tired, the writers had no idea how to wrap anything up, and people behaved more stupid than they ever had before. It went full out mid-day shootouts and no one getting caught by the cops when, before, they were at least subtle in their crimes. There is a plethora of reasons why TrueBlood and SoA are great examples for the worst quality dips in television, but I'm too fucking lazy and tired to spell them all out- just like the writers.

Weeds after season 3

Massive pleb detected

>Missing out on based Rudy

Pleb.

Arrow at the mid-point of season 3. It might be cape shit, but it got really good, now it's fucking atrocious.

>season 1 Rayburns are cunning and clever in an effort just to stay out of jail
>season 2 is just kyle chandler getting almost caught for 10 episodes
>muh scary man with a fucking man bun

Should have been written as a one season show, would have been a lot better.

I don't know why I'm the only one that thought as highly of season four as what preceded it, I think season 5 was a big dip, but I was a fan of season 6.

This.
If you followed Heroes at the time, you saw how everyone just turn away from the show. The hype and public acceptance dissapeared so quick.
Season 3 and 4 somehow managed to continue to top how worse it could get.

>fargo after season 1

Absolutely fucking wrong

You need to go back and watch it. Gilgun was the best thing to ever happen to the show.

Utopia S02

Which is fucking tragic because the first season is one of the best things to be on television.

Lost
Californication

Fargo s2 was kino

The Walking Dead

The Wire S5

Quality went back up for the last few episodes and the film was even better than the show

Fuck season 4, I was watching Boardwalk with my mom and all of a sudden every episode has an interracial cuckolding scene in it. It was awkward as fuck

Take that back

Obvious one

Shameless post season 4, but I am the only one who watches it so nevermind.

hoh boy

Boardwalk Empire only got better with every season, though

From episode 1 onwards

Twin Peaks post season 2 episode 9 is the worst quality drop I've ever seen in a TV show.

This is a easy one

After about episode 4 it stopped being funny or even trying to be and just became some melodramatic drama

These and Prison Break

Choose 1 from

The Simpsons
Boardwalk
Dexter
Lost
Heroes
Death Note
The OC
GoT
Red Dwarf

It's not even remotely the same as the books anymore. The Dorne plot line was all D&D, which was Xenaesque writing.

True Detective season 2.

>inb4 vinceposting edgemasters