/got/ general

Thanking Uncle Benjen edition

Old Prematurely Killed

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/game-of-thrones-season-6/id1091363548?ign-mpt=uo=4
youtube.com/watch?v=cuJm57kvlyc
polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJm57kvlyc
reddit.com/r/asoiaf/
youtube.com/watch?v=adDgvbyZwlY
imdb.com/list/ls070837538/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Azor Jon

1st for Brunn

Not first for Winds of winter pushed to 2017

Azor Maisie

Would be lucky for Winds to come out before the show wraps up at this rate.

i started talking to my sister a few weeks ago after 7 years of separation

she likes GoT a lot, can you guys post some memes and images that i can send her?

Hello everyone. I've just finished watching GoT for the first time, marathoned all the six seasons in a week. I loved the show immensely, could you guys let me in on your memes and dank theories?

Septa Nutella of the Most Devout is blessing this thread.

no thanks

Who /stranger things/ here?

Azor Peter Littlefinger

>pushed to 2017

sweet summer child

Not this faggot again.

Six years between books is pretty on course for him though

uncle benjen

Imagine how far TWOW must be from finished if he refuses to comment on it

Except that for earlier books he actually promised it's coming out 6 years before it did. Now he doesn't even do that. Once he completes more than 168 pages he'll start doing his promo shit.

Top ten Asoiaf characters:
1) Arya Stark
2) Lord Davos Seaworth/King Stannis Baratheon
3) Prince Theon Greyjoy
4) Lord Commander Jon Snow
5) Ser Jaime Lannister
6) Brienne
7) Lady Catelyn Stark
8) Tyrion Lannister
9) Ser Barristan Selmy
10) Asha Greyjoy

Pretty based desu.

Show her your dick

why cant he sit still

Ask her what she thinks of the Jaime/Cersei relationship

why delete

Uncle Benjen will punish me

wtf I'm scared of Maisie now

r8 my perfect court

>Queen, Daenerys Targaeryen
>Hand of the Queen, Missandei
>Lady Commander of the Queensguard, Brienne of Tarth
>Mistress of Coin, Alyse Ladybright
>Mistress of Laws, Arya Stark
>Mistress of Whispers, Sansa Stark
>Mistress of Ships, Asha Greyjoy
>Grand Maester, Sarella Sand

Huh.

Less than a month and the general is already all but dead.

Kinda expected more desu, I only started watching/reading last year and used to hear offseason /got/ was when it was at its best.

I blame season 6. It was too shit for genuine enthusiasm, but not shit enough to be a memecow.

>used to hear offseason /got/ was when it was at its best.
Yeah well that was just the autists, serves you right for listening to them

>Top ten Asoiaf characters:
>1) "Sweet" Robin Arryn
>2) Tywin Lannister
>3) Stannis Baratheon
>4) Cersei Lannister
>5) CIA
>6) Ser Brynden Tully
>7) Tormund Giantsbane
>8) Ser Bron of the Blackwater
>9) Joffrey Baratheon
>10) Ramsey Bolton

Just had a dream about the Merman conspiracy last night, lads.

Also had a dream about Jari from Wintersun.

>but not shit enough to be a memecow.

What are you talking about, we had lots of great memes.

Just how much daddy issues can a man have?

>pleb trys to grasp patrician

Nothing as hilarious as season 5 though. And there's no real hate to sustain us.

Just binged watched the 6th season and god it was excellent.
Cersei motherfucking Lannister. The finale made me respect that bitch I used to hate. That fucking determination.

This post is gonna trigger people in here but I agree.

someone buy this and post the special features please

itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/game-of-thrones-season-6/id1091363548?ign-mpt=uo=4

All of those "special features" are already on YouTube besides Bran's Journey and Dothraki World.

One question tough.

Did she knew that her action would lead her son to kill himself or at least to hate her to the point of wanting to kill her ?

then someone post those two special features

No. She loves her children. The main reason for her to go mad is because she wants to protect them.

She expected him dead because of a fortune teller in her childhood who told her so and not of her killing the sparrows.

I agree completely. It was a fun season no matter what fags here say.

1st for Dead show

why the fuck are you two spoiler tagging

BASED
A
S
E
D

Daily reminder: books are canon
Stannis wins battle of ice and marches toward kingslanding along with his trusted newly appointed warden of the north Jon.
Together they deposit lanifuckingshits, slay danny dragons and let cersei and danny get blacked by based Salladhor Saan

he's dead bro. you need to accept it. let the healing begin.

It was a pretty retarded plan if she meant for her and her son to stay alive afterwards.
>Don't have the North
>Don't have the Vale
>Don't have the Riverlands
>Don't have Dorne
>Don't have the Iron Islands
>Eliminate the Reach
>Probably eliminate the Westerlands
>Piss of every small folk and quite a few lords.
Realistically Cersei's power wouldn't extend beyond the Red Keep after that shit show.

Bran's Journey is here but I can't get it unblocked youtube.com/watch?v=cuJm57kvlyc

Benjen is alive? Is he Coldhands?

Did you not watch Season 6? And on the show it's either a case of his fate being merged with Coldhands on the show or the Fat Man lying to his editor. D&D refer to Benjen as Coldhands in the behind the episode.

>kill off House Tyrell
>the high Sparrow
>a bunch of other important Lords and Ladies
>everyone is okay with that
>she sits the Throne no problem without question
I can't wait until Jaime strangles her and them Tommens himself.

I avoided every GoT disscussion to avoid spoilers and wans't aware people disliked it. What are the reasons ?
It was built exactly like the previous seasons and it had some excellent moments.
The Cersei's revenge was beautiful, especially the music.
And the Bastards battle was pretty well done too. When Jon was being stomped, I tought "Damn, that kind of shit must happen often in battles but it's the first time I see it"
And being stomped ot death looks scary as fuck.

She has the fucking crown and eliminated her ennemies in the capital which was the Sparrows.
Of course she doesn't have shit backing her but taking the crown was still her best option since even her own son gave her to the Faith's judgement. Cersei isn't the kind of person to accept her faith and letting people get away with shit they've done to her.

damn it what do

Not sure. Even using a Canada Proxy/VPN doesn't seem to be working for me.

I hope Stormlight Archive gets its TV show because Azor Bran-don Sanderson

She's blessing the mountain's giant blue dick too

Unrelated note : what if gregor is semi white walker now? What if he one v ones the night King, or Jon's maester friend supersedes qyburn and controls him

Woah

Is it blocked in every country? Why do these jews have to make everything so difficult

>6) Brienne
Aw, how cute.

One thing I didn't understand about the revelation of Jon being half Targaryen.

So what ?
It doesn't make him less of a bastard, he's just someone else's bastard and it certainly doesn't make the rightfull King in the North or Kinf of the Andals (he deserve it more than anyone but he's still a bastard) so why there's a hype about this ?

Well, it's an HBO Canada channel so it shouldn't be blocked from there but even trying from there it still seems to be inaccessible. This says differently though

polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJm57kvlyc

Book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire".

Jon is literally A Son(g) of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryen).

Now that's some fresh opinion I haven't heard like thousands of times, impressive, very impressive.

For memes, stay

For theories and actual intelligent discussion, go there reddit.com/r/asoiaf/

Yeah it's a big revelation for us spectators but in terms of politics in GoT. What does it change ?
Is there some kind of prophecy about the union of fire and ice ? Or about the true king being born from this union ?
And who is aware of that and who can prove that he's half Targaryen ?

>slay danny dragons and let cersei and danny get blacked by based Salladhor Saan
Made me laugh, thanks m8

how can cat be so stupid? she's even stupidier than ned no taking renly's men before robert dies.

Not that user but politically it makes him the perfect person for Dany to have as her heir until she can have a kid, and use to rebuild House Targaryen. Jon's a Targ, but respected, honorable, currently loved by the North for his character, and isn't showing signs of Targ madness, his values would be great to instill in future Targaryens. It would also let him have pretty much any wife he wants once Dany comes with her dragons, army and starts taking shit over.

A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing.

And to prove it, Dany at some point will have to go North to make them bend the knee, the second one of the dragons starts cooperating with Jon like they did with Brown Ben Plumm, and especially if it wants Jon to ride it, that's proof enough or Targ ancestry.

Why is Bran anybody's favorite character? This one I understand the least. He's so flat as a character. He feels the least fleshed out out of everyone.

She has a mix of stupidity and intelligence.

She did tell Robb not to trust the Greyjoys and not to kill Lord Karstark.

But she also told and urged Ned to go South and give Sansa's hand to Joffrey, and gave away the kingslayer for a deal that wasn't in place with promises from a man who doesn't have the power to fulfill them.

If his parents were married then that would make him a prince and have an actual claim to the throne.

How is she stupid when no one listened to her? Not Robb, Bran, nor Ned.

Yeah, I understand now.
First I tought Jon would make the perfect husband for Daenerys and so they could rule the North and the Andals/First Men. But since she's his aunt (wich is not really a problem but still I doubt Jon would do that).

But I'm wondering why would Jon rebuild the Targaryen house since all he wanted all his life was to be an official Stark.
And since Daenerys wouldn't have any problem finding a husband, his position as an heir is useless.

Stannis will win the battle of the ice, but not the Throne.

It will be good to read about him and imagine how good the show would have been if they'd adapted him fairly.

Come to think of it, why did D&D hate him so much that they decided to adapt him so distorted? Is it some SJW shit or what?

Anyway, Dillane was arguably the best actor on the show, with Charles Dance and Liam Cunningham in the mix too.

Correct but it means he's two parts royal blood, as opposed to royal blood and muddled peasant blood.

i miss him bros

>But I'm wondering why would Jon rebuild the Targaryen house since all he wanted all his life was to be an official Stark.

Cause it's not always about what he wants. He can't deny who his real parents are or the love they bore for each other. That's dishonorable.

>And since Daenerys wouldn't have any problem finding a husband, his position as an heir is useless.

No, cause Dany still isn't confirmed to be fertile.

She might've had a miscarriage in ADWD but it's not confirmed and we don't know if it means the curse is broken or curse is in effect and killed the child in her womb so she'll never bear a living one.

In the show, she says this season that she'll never have anyone's children after 4 seasons of no one mentioning it and not even Mirri saying it.

Best option now is for each to get married to another House, gets them and House Targaryen more formal alliances, hope either Jon knocks up his wife or Dany gets knocked up, and if both do, marry 2 or 4 of the kids to each other. If only Jon does, good cause he's still heir, if only Dany does, good to have Jon as backup heir.

But especially with Jon and Dany both going to face the Walkers eventually, better not to put their eggs into one basket by marrying each other since either or both might die and Dany might not be fertile. So Jon marrying someone else who stays behind pregnant works best as insurance.

I don't know the true true meaning of the word bastard but I understand that it refers to anyone born from a forbidden union.
Royal blood or not, he's a bastard. But since everyone in the North seems to not care about it, it's not a problem anymore.

But what do you think his future will be ?
Him and Daenerys seems to be the true main characters. Daenerys is aiming for Westeros but will Jon setlle for the North ?
He's both the rightful King of Western and King in the North.

Him marrying Daenerys seems to be the best option.

>Royal blood or not, he's a bastard

Not if his parents were married.

Lyanna Stark was married to Robert Baratheon. Raeghar kidnapped her and that's why Robert swore to kill every Targaryen and became Kind in the process. It's in the first seasons m8

>Lyanna Stark was married to Robert Baratheon.

Betrothed, not married.

1. she kidnapped tyrion.
2. she got played by littlefinger and her sister.
3. she gave away jaime for free.

Polygamy isn't legal

>Lyanna Stark was married to Robert Baratheon

No she wasn't. She was betrothed to Robert, not married to him

can someone post thank you uncle benjen pic

What one? "This is where I leave you"?

DVD commentaries were always the mildly autistic thing I did. But now it has finally paid off.

I honestly found D&Ds commentaries to be objectively funny and enjoyable to watch. They constantly point out and make fun of continuity errors or bad extra acting as well as the main actors themselves, all of which I don't think anyone ever notices.

they point out in the pilot that the horses people are riding beyond the wall change color from white to black 3 times

one extra wore his full lannister soldier costume in one of the panning shots of a winterfell interior in season 1

a scene with tyrion and varys talking features an extra washing her clothes a full foot away from the washboard while she stares off in the distance

Didn't know that. But I don't see how a marriage could happen after a kidnapping.
Anyway, good season. I regret that we're approaching the end so fast.
I hope they're gonna make spin-offs of what happened before all these events or shit like that.

where did yo get them from

I hope Varys gets a good last two seasons.

Will the voice he heard in the flames ever amount to anything?

Besides the actual DVD themselves, some pirates actually upload the whole DVD image including the extras.

You just have to look hard and get a bit lucky

Because Cat mostly works with bad information.
>Tyrion arranged the assassination
>Lysa is trying to be helpful
>Roose is loyal

When she has good information, she usually does the sensible thing, like advise Robb not to send Theon to Balon. Or not to execute lord Karstark. Or her brother to not fill Riverrun with refugees before a siege. She recognizes the Lannisters as the true threat, and brings up to Renly and Stannis that if they worked together and flushed the Lannisters out, they could work out who sits the Iron Throne through a great council. She says that Walder wanted his daughter married to a king, not a lord, and is dubious about their loyalty after Robb's slight on their honor.

The problem is no one listens to her when she's making sense.

And even her more retarded decisions can be made sense of.
Arresting Tyrion prevents him from warning Cersei of her meeting Ned which in her mind could lead to Ned being in danger, it prevents him from escaping justice, and gives her family a valuable hostage. Lysa fucked it up by putting Tyrion on trial.

Freeing Jaime is a horrible gamble, but keeping him there was a gamble too, seeing as how close the Karstarks came to killing him. If Jaime got slaughtered in prison, Sansa would suffer the consequences, and Tywin would surely crush Robb.

Putting a tactical Roose in charge over the impulsive and glory hungry Umber against a tactician like Tywin would be a great idea. If Roose really was loyal.

She wanted Ned to protect their king, and she wanted her daughter to fulfill her ambitions instead of stifling her. Can't really fault her for either of those things.

So she's not really stupid. But she is impulsive and naive regarding the people she used to be close with.

>I avoided every GoT disscussion to avoid spoilers and wans't aware people disliked it. What are the reasons ?

youtube.com/watch?v=adDgvbyZwlY

Would Dany choose House Targaryen's survival over the wants of a person?

Cause if she stays infertile, she'd have to legitimize Jon as a Targaryen to keep the name going, sure the kids would be Stark/Arryn in demeanor instead of all fire and blood, but the name would live on.

OR, she could be nice about it and decide to legitimize Jon as a Stark as he always wanted or let him stay a Stark, let him and the rest leave peacefully in the North, let House Targaryen die with her and introduce some form of democracy in the South since she's more conqueror than ruler so things don't get fucked up after she dies

I'm reading the books for the first time, and I just got to the part where Brienne, Pod, Hyle and Meribald get to the Quiet Isle. The Elder Brother's conversation with Brienne implies that the gravedigger is the Hound, right? He's big as fuck and walks with a limp, and Polliver or the Tickler injured his leg during the fight at the inn. And when Brienne says "So it's true, he's dead then?" The Elder Brother doesn't say yes, he only says "He's at rest."

The way the Elder talks about how much he pities the Hound, it seems like he's harbouring him on the isle and giving him a second chance at life.

>I avoided every GoT disscussion to avoid spoilers and wans't aware people disliked it. What are the reasons ?

If you liked it, you're in good company. Most normies liked this season, and the last two episodes are the highest rated ever. imdb.com/list/ls070837538/ It's booksnobs and contrarians as usual.

Do you think she has trouble making/keeping friends? Is the world just that banal to her?

Soapyturner and Branpedo pls go.

>booksnobs
You don't have to be a book reader to understand some of the shit on the screen is retarded.
>Why is that kid leading Lancel to the wildfire?
>Why is Lancel even following some random kid?
>Why kill Pycelle in Qyburn's lab when he was on his way to getting blown up?

Every episode of the show is full of dumb shit like that. Hell, some whole plots hinge on nonsense, like Sansa's entire northern arc for the last two seasons.

It's okay to like the show. But That doesn't mean that all criticism of it is unwarranted.