Why did this shitty pop rock album get acclaimed again?

Why did this shitty pop rock album get acclaimed again?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0236216/?ref_=nm_knf_t3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_rock
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bowie, along with perhaps the beatles and sex pistols, defined rock music as serious art, redefined rock music as the vehicle of choice for the most sincere self-expression, and then codified rock as the greatest unifying force the earth has ever seen
every album/single/ep/etc. was nothing less than a complete masterpiece that developed this frontier, and blackstar was bowie's signature on the modern, compassionate humanity which he was instrumental in evolving to receive it

(not true, by the way)

He meme-died

Underrated

>blackstar
>pop rock
fpbp

>Blackstar
>not pop
Why exactly?

burden of proof is on you, my dude

>burden of proof is on you
Where?

are you literally retarded

explain to me how Blackstar is pop rock

It has choruses, it has refrains, it has hooks, and follows verse/chorus fairly closely. It's not true on every song mind you, just the majority.

Generic songwriting.
The song with the least generic structure on that album (title song) is basically the same thing Beyoncé did on her s/t, Blackstar is barely even art pop at this point.

that doesn't make it pop rock
by your logic, Roundabout by Yes is a pop rock song

>Sex Pistols
>A glorified boy band, manufactured by a boutique owner and a businessman Malcolm McLaren
>defined rock music as serious art
>most sincere self-expression
And what's more this is even talked about in this documentary:
imdb.com/title/tt0236216/?ref_=nm_knf_t3

>the definition of pop music doesn't make this album pop
so you are retarded

>Pop rock (also typeset as pop/rock;[4] sometimes called guitar pop[not verified in body]) is rock music with a lighter, smoother approach that is more reminiscent of commercial pop music.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_rock
pop structures =/= pop rock
>inb4 >wikipedia

>pop music can't be sad or moody
>all pop music is commercial
This article is just as retarded as you.

Judging by this article, most of modern pop is not pop, and noise pop doesn't exist at all.

that article is about pop rock, not about all pop

>rock music with a lighter, smoother approach that is more reminiscent of commercial pop music.

I definitely think it's overrated and way too melodramatic at times but to call it shitty is overdoing it.

songs can be light and smooth while still being sad and moody

see
Overrall, the term 'pop rock' is redundant
It basically means 'pop pop'.

pop rock is a subgenre of rock music. it does not englobe every pop song or pop-based genre.
you're the one defending the usage of the term "pop rock", so I guess if you think that term is redundant, then you were wrong to begin with

>you're the one defending the usage of the term "pop rock", so I guess if you think that term is redundant, then you were wrong to begin with
>11 posters
I'm not defending this term, it makes no sense.
Blackstar is a legit pop album.
I've noticed that for some reason if a pop album has live drums it's automatically a 'rock' album, even if the drummer plays the most basic rhythm patterns.

>I'm not defending this term, it makes no sense.
so you got into an argument for the sake of arguing?
I don't care if you think the term makes sense or not
>Blackstar is a legit pop album.
in the same sense The Money Store or most New Wave is pop, in that it has pop structures.
so yeah, you're right about that
>I've noticed that for some reason if a pop album has live drums it's automatically a 'rock' album, even if the drummer plays the most basic rhythm patterns.
ok but that's literally not true at all though
you're also saying that pop and rock are mutually exclusive, which is dumb

>>all pop music is commercial
Except it literally is
Name one pop album not intended to be distributed commercially

>every song is pop
kys

this is by no means an accesible Bowie album