Stop listening to popular music

Stop listening to popular music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NF4WSx5Efn0
digitalmusicnews.com/2016/12/06/mozart-2016-best-selling-cd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those men produced very popular music which is still listened to and referenced to this day.

Are you telling us not to listen to them?

they only made art music, don't pretend to be ignorant

>stop listening to popular music
>posts picture of the most popular musicians to ever live

ok

popular != popular music

"I want to play Rock music."
>buy acoustic guitar
>learn it
>can now play professionally in many locations with no issue

"I want to play Jazz music"
>buy keyboard
>learn music theory and practice improvisation on your own
>after long practice, you can perform in a variety of locations as a professional jazz pianist

"I want to play classical music."
>pick a specific classical instrument when you are 4 years old
>take lessons with professional for your entire growing up
>apply for music schools/conservatories
>study in them for roughly 10 years (need at least a Masters to be taken seriously)
>apply to orchestras nationwide
>get accepted into one
>you can now perform in very specific concert halls playing very specific music as a professional classical musician

Who's the new Mozart?

youtube.com/watch?v=NF4WSx5Efn0

>Being common houshold name and still having your music played and listened to many many years after your death != popular

>popular music isnt popular music

really gets those neurons firing

are you trying to say popular musicians do not necessarily have popular music? What then makes the musicians popular?

Popular music is music with wide appeal[1][2][3] that is typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry. These forms and styles can be enjoyed and performed by people with little or no musical training.[1]

It stands in contrast to both art music[4][5][6] and traditional or "folk" music. Art music was historically disseminated through the performances of written music, although since the beginning of the recording industry, it is also disseminated through recordings.

Traditional music forms such as early blues songs or hymns were passed along orally, or to smaller, local audiences.[4][5][6]

good job proving literally nothing, since classical music can still be described with the tag of being "popular"

All music is popular

even post-avant jazzcore?

yeah but if you knew anything about music history you wouldn't be calling it that. Only some very limited classical came anywhere near popular music

How about I NOT stop listening to genres I like because some asshole insists I should?

>words can't have more than one meaning

>Popular music is music with wide appeal[1][2][3] that is typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry.
You mean like Mozart?
digitalmusicnews.com/2016/12/06/mozart-2016-best-selling-cd/

retards

>words can't have more than one meaning
>words can't have more than one meaning when used in the same context
Yeah, strange but true. Wild isn't it?

Takes one to know one desu.

You didn't even read the entire post.

it's actually false, and you're colossally ignorant

>Oh yeah I love classical music, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, the list goes on...

>You need musical training to enjoy non-popular music
What did Wikipedia mean with this?