Really make you think

Really make you think
also. what does it mean?

Holy fuck why on fucking earth is it so HORRIBLY FUCKING WEIGHTED

I'm genuinely pissed off at the shitty way they decided to do the gross on this graph, it's fucking awful.

>rotten tomatoes is unbelievably shit
not surprised

Triple dubs speaks the truth. Especially how they rigged the score for Ghostbusters.

I am not disagreeing but how did you come to that conclusion from that chart? You think movies with a bigger budget deserve higher scores and the drop is wrong or what?

There is no such thing as a movie that grossed only a little more than $100,000.

It doesn't mean anything to someone who has eyes, a functioning brain and can read charts like this

Wouldnt these kinda charts only need the black line?
what do the dots mean?
what do the grey areas mean?

the dots are the actual movies, arranged in respect to their score and gross.

The black line is random bullshit.

the grey area is presumably the margin of error, which increases where there are less data points

But on this scale RT seems like the best. It has the most even score to budget ration apart from Metacritic. The worst here is clearly IMDB which is generally higher reviews and swayed by bigger budget films.

It's gross not budget

Horrible graph

What it means is "Fuck reviews and peoples opinions. Make up your own mind"

Ahh, my mistake.

Notice the gray area on the RT chart. It basically means theres zero correlation between high RT scores and high/low gross.

RT critics like movies that audience doesnt wan't to buy a ticket for.

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

I think it has negative correlation. Literal contrarians

If positive ratings resulted in higher gross you would want a positively correlated graph.

These graphs show either
a)IMDB and Rotten Tomato Audience have the best judge of a movie's quality
OR
b)There is very little correlation between a movie's quality and it's gross

Depending on whether you believe the scores of these rating websites accurately represent the quality of a movie, you can draw your own conclusions.

Yeah but higher gross =/= better quality. If anything you'd want the most medium line. That would indicate less of a bias.

>logarithmic graph

Great way to ensure your information is misinterpreted by a large majority of people.