When did you realize getting perfect grades in highschool is literally the most important and crucial time of your life...

When did you realize getting perfect grades in highschool is literally the most important and crucial time of your life, and you realize the reason for your shit job, and lack of career openings all goes back to your crappy college?

Meh, it was worth screaming autistically in the middle of history class for attention.

Freshman here,
Got straight As in all honors and 1 normals and 1 AP,
Third quarter I fucked up and got Bs in all of my classes except for the AP and in English,
Fucking hard, I came in knowing that this shit matters and I want a good job, but am I trying too hard?? Should I just aim for Bs?

and watching 10 hours of anime a day
nowhere near hard enough. Seriously. Do you take any AP science classes? Like ap physics with calc and all the kids are bitching and moaning its hard and they work 2 hours a night? Thats fucking pussy work compared to what happens in college. College is like a whole another world (after freshman year).

Never think you're not working hard enough. You should always work 5 hours a day minimum, and when you're not doing hw or studying for a test, study for the SAT. And when you take the SAT, make sure to take it consecutively, like 3 times in one weekend.

Take advantage of how fucking broken the american school system is. Its dirt easy compared to any asian country; hence why all the asian kids practically breeze through classes in college.

You see, were alike, i used to lurk Sup Forums when i was 14 too, kid.

I was more into playing vidya, actually. Although there had been nights where I would only get around 3 to 4 hours of sleep because I really wanted to watch more hokuto no ken.

>hokuto no ken
nice. As for me, i loved watching K-ON at 2 am back in the day.

Yes the only AP Sci class I'm allowed to take freshman year is AP environmental which is the AP I'm taking, shits easy af

Only problem is I'm a depressed suicidal fag with no will to live which is why my grades are dropping

I just feel like everything's futile and there's no point to anything :(

>getting perfect grades in highschool is literally the most important and crucial time of your life

I got 2 sides to this.
My high school was so looked down on that even people who took tons of aps, got perfect a's every year, had multiple extracurricular actives, and even had perfect attendance for the entire 4 years didn't get into very good colleges. The best anyone got was some higher end private in state universities. I know this because i'm friends with these people. Every thing about your standing in life is a product of where your born, who your parents are, and your race and sex. No point in getting mad or blamming yourself for shit.
Also, who cares about what university your actually in 9 times out of 10. With most professions you can still get a degree and do the job want to do. After your degree it comes down to experience which if you have none after college is the financial equivalent of 0 credit.

>depressed suicidal fag
Dont. You are too young. Highschool is your last chance to do anything. Have any goals? Want to get with your dream girl? Tell me, and i can tell you what to do.

>I just feel like everything's futile and there's no point to anything :(
Is it because you think your eventual failure is inevitable so your crippled from it?

>coast through high school on a 3.1 GPA basically never doing homework or studying
>spend all that time stress free, having fun, enjoying my youth
>go to a community college to get general ed credits and get 4.0 and in multiple honor's societies because community college is easy as shit
>get accepted into major state uni because they only care about your community college transcript, largely paid for by scholarships from honors society
How does it feel to know you wasted all that time for nothing, brainlets?

Yeah. I believe it. There are definetely lots of schools that are at a disadvantage, and honestly dont know what to say, but i still believe you have to give it your all.

>who cares about what university your actually in 9 times out of 10.
Because when shit does hit the fan, and youve lost literally everything from your parents inheritance money, stock market crashes, you have no hobbies, you're going to always have your education to back up on. I do think you can choose any career field you want, but the job availability and pay will be shit compared to the opportunities you have from a top 10 graduate school.

And no amount of experience will change this. You can work in bank for 10 years after graduating. But if you apply to something like Berkeley, they are going to always look at your undergrad college.

And thats even if you can land a job at your college's job fair. Im only a sophmore, and it was hard af just finding a minimum wage summer job. Im not even sure if i can find an internship.

Grade 11 havent passed a single fucking English class and retook a shit load, realise where im headed and planning on killing myself at 18. Enjoying it while it lasts boys 13 more months

That's the thing, I have no motivation, no goals, I just... live
I have no sexual drive no fetishes no person in my school that I like
I sit with the nerds just to look like I have interests
I fake all my positive emotions
I haven't ever fallen in love

I have something seriously wrong with me... :(
No I just think that in the end I'll never be happy because the above

I did the exact opposite here and then went to community. Community is easy as shit but not when you have to work full time to afford living. Still doesn't matter too much when the state universities you need have like a requirement of a 2.0.

Dont know what to say dude.

I mean wow, you really might have to cut slack on the grades.

When I was your age, my number one goal was to write a comic(weeb dream) and would not concentrate on school for the sake of learning to draw and "study" anime.

But as I got older, i realized i much rather get married than concentrate my whole life on being a starving artist. I mean, look at (pic), dont you just want a piece of that? The only way you're going to is by being rich.

And let me tell you, im absolutely devasted that my comic career backfired on me, and now my grades are suffering too.

But, its okay to not know what you want to do. But realize school is you safest bet possible. Just remember, its easy to go from being a rich millionaire with hot asian wife, to a starving animator within a couple years. But its impossible to go from being an animator to a millionaire.

Whats the acceptance rate of this big college? Im a bit doubtful. From what ive read, in transferring, the two most important things are your SAT scores and your transcript.

Its not too late. Try to boost your grades, but really get prepared for the SAT, for this will be your saving grace. Also, dont kill yourself. It aint over till its over, and you can always pray for your lucky day.

Maybe look into schizoid personality disorder. Don't go self-diagnosing yourself or anything, but it can help to have a name for your problem if you want to focus on fixing it. That being said, I'm in the same boat as you, so I don't really know how to help.

I do have one goal: have a hobby in something optic/engineering related, maybe even metallurgy. (To pass the time, and gain some cash)
I plan on going into a stem field, engineer maybe, but again I just don't have the willpower to study everything about the subject...

But if anything, I'd like to learn to code, I have a buddy who's literally in lizard squad, hacks into accounts and exploits shopping websites for a living and he's agreed to tutor me a little over the summer.
That's wishful thinking though. I'll probably end up fucking killing myself before then

>your parents inheritance money
Never heard of it.
>but the job availability and pay will be shit compared to the opportunities you have from a top 10 graduate school.
Maybe $30,000 a year is shit compared to $100,000(or whatever, i don't know numbers exactly.) but their both miles ahead of minimum and is not only sustainable but comfortable living. Also this is not guaranteed as a lot still depends on the future opportunities your presented with and your career choice.
Job availability does have some to do with education background and experience but it MOSTLY has to do with the set career choice. That's why I picked computer science, a job market that pays well and is only going to grow.
Also after a while experience does begin to outweigh schooling(outside of job schooling requirements).

I knew I guy like you.
Didn't know what to do with himself because he had no passions. Would have just sat down playing games with no money if he could just because he didn't see a point. He was a smart guy so he knew this wasn't good still.
What he did is he gave himself a reason to work hard and still enjoy other stuff he enjoys.
First thing he did was find a wife and get a job to help support himself and that wife. He now has a son.
He told me in person that this was why he chose married and had kids. He had to force himself to have a reason to give a shit.

I rec lurking sci. I used to go through a science phase myself and thought i was going to be an engineer. Fun fact, you can make connections with people just talking about science shit. Its fun learning what everything is made out of like the different types of plastics.

>Learn to code
You can pretty much do this on your own and build anything you want right now if you put your mind to it really. I went from knowing nothing to being a beginner in just 3 months of studying example coding. Dont know anything about hacking, but i would not rec getting into illegal shit.

My one advice is, never ever get sucked too much in your personal projects or hobbies that it affects your grades.

>fucking killing myself before then
please dont do this. i myself contemplated this a lot. Just think back to basic things you like. For instance, if you like sleeping, than sleep for a full day. Browse the internet, and be inspired to do things.

Like 40%, I still have over 3.5 just while I was in high school I had pretty much a 4.0.
Most colleges have a really low graduation % though because people out of high school will typically go to college for a semester or so and then drop out (I assume planning to return later).
Universities like these at the end of the day mostly just want your money. They make most of their tuition money from slackers coming in and failing.

Fellow child here.
Honestly don't know what to tell you, I've never felt the way you are describing and I don't know if I ever will. But if there is one thing I recommend to help keep you on a good path I would say to do a sport if you aren't already. I started this year fat weak and hopeless when it came to grades and now I lost 15 pounds and I had a 4.0 in the first semester (I wrestled). Honestly just the community involved in sports helped me through some tough times knowing that I had my team to lean on.
But that's just me

Double majoring in CS and Finance here. And hell yeah 30 k is inferior. Im pretty much the biggest loser and poorest kid i know in college here. But I know if i was richer, i would not feel depressed and this pathetic.

But. you are definitely much older than me and know more. But i just know for a fact all the kids at my highschool that went to ivy league are probably living lavish compared to me.

Shit. Well, you are definitely doing better than me. Though, im getting perfect grades now. Honestly, i hate my college life here. I think i might look into transferring to a better college then. But I cant go anywhere that asks for my hs transcripts or sat score.

>But. you are definitely much older than me and know more.

Ill be 22 in 3 days. I'm currently finishing my last semester of Community college because i've had to work to support myself(rent with friends of course, otherwise it would be the street) this entire time.
I currently make $11,000 a year off the money I make from work. I'm going to be transferring to a university for computer science after I take a semester off to figure out where i'm gonna live, how i'm gonna pay for school, and how i'm going balance my time.
Things have not been good for me either way. Making $30,000 a year sounds like a dream come true to me.
However, I won't be on the job market ready to work until i'm at least 24.

Will do
:/ too young
I dunno I'll try sleeping more i guess
Just doesn't work like that :(

I'm heading off to sleep so cya guys and thanks for the sympathy :,)