Slowdive's new album is amazing. I'm really surprised since most comeback albums turn out to be bad...

Slowdive's new album is amazing. I'm really surprised since most comeback albums turn out to be bad, but this one is game-changing.

fuck it, check my five

FUCK

IT

CHECK

MY

color me impressed

Better than Souvlaki

hell nawww

dubs is more impressive

I honestly can't decide if I like this or Souvlaki more. Souvlaki feels very front-loaded; Space Station, When the Sun Hits, and the first four tracks are excellent, "Here She Comes" and "Altogether" are alright but a little underwhelming, and I've always found the last two tracks pretty dull. The new album, on the other hand, is very consistent throughout, has better production, and I actually prefer how their voices sound now. It's probably too soon to make that judgment, but I'm tempted to agree with you.

Here she comes is overwhelming.
Its one of the greatest slowdive songs you pleb

Honestly Melon Yellow is the best song on the album

Agree. This and machine gun.

lolno

woooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>bought tickets months in advance
>really on the fence but fingers crossed
>album doesn't suck
>in fact I've been playing it nonstop for days
>now I get to see it live tomorrow

>with Japanese Breakfast opening

Sometimes the gamble pays off.

Not bad

nice dude, nice

>tfw theyre going live in a few minutes
wish me luck lads

Brooklyn Steel?
How was the crowd/ when did you get there?
I want to get a good spot tomorrow night.

pretty packed, people, including me, started lining up like 2 hours in advance. youll probably have it easier tomorrow cause its not sold out

Actually, second night sold out some time this week.

Cheers though, I'm gonna get there early as possible. Enjoy, user!

How'd you like Japanese Breakfast?

they were great. they played a bunch of new material
also michelle is qt

it's the same chance bozo

It sounds like Just for a Day and Souvlaki, but the songs themselves aren't as good. Let's be honest with ourselves here, folks.

It is, but on the scaruffi scale it's a 6/10 compared to Souvlaki because it's 2017 and doesn't innovate much. It's extremely pleasant and listenable, and track's 1 and 3 are among their best.

Agreed

Oh man a Sup Forumstant for some reason thought he wouldn't like a laidback hipsterbait texture-based album for middle class whiteboy introverts. I wonder if he knows where he posts and what most artists on Sup Forumscore are.

what is wrong with you

yea dawg

Nothing. It's just typical record that Sup Forums will dickride type stuff. Most of Sup Forumscore is this as well (TVU, MBDTF, Loveless, OKC/Kid A, NMH, HANL, etc.)

nice

I saw it live on Monday, amazing show

They played every song I wanted except 40 days and I got a little bummed but right after the into started playing when they announced it was their last song I almost started crying

I like it, especially the first song, but I think the last song is dumb.
Thinking about loveTHINGKEN ABOUT LOVE Thinking about loveTH

does anyone have a download for this? like 320 or v0 or something all i can find is flac

Idr the lyrics but he song itself definitely was a fitting closer

Huge Slowdive fan and I think the new album is better than I would have ever believed. I am listening to it on repeat and it gets better every time. Having said that...

In "Sugar for the Pill," what the fuck is the "roww" sound right after he sings "sugar for the pill," "cannot buy the sun," "and I rolled away," "just a rollercoast," etc.

Might need headphones to hear it. Great song but it aggravates me for some reason. What is it?

No one?

They need to add more shows to their tour.

like miami

My Bloody Valentine also managed to release a good comeback album.

Noice

I'm in exactly the same boat
Bought tickets like 2 months ago to see then a 5 hour drive from where I live, thought Fuck it and pre-ordered the album on LP. It's better than I ever expected, and they absolutely blew me away live. Slomo was the most beautiful song I ever heard, and the only track I didn't prefer live was possibly Alison

This album is hot trash

slomo and sugar for the pill are both really cool tracks desu

I was there too. Amazing show besides all the technical difficulties Neil was having :/
Japanese Breakfast killed it as well.

Tfw seeing them in June
Hyped as fuck

Just saw them live last night, some thoughts. (disclaimer I'm not a diehard slowdive fan but I enjoy them)

- The merch was kinda over-priced. $20 for a cassette? $30 shirts are I guess normal but their opener Japanese Breakfast had much more reasonably priced stuff. Got a Slowdive pin at least. Mugs felt kinda weird/sell-outy, but hey, 22 years later I don't think anyone's gonna be judging them for that
- They played a nice mix of their most popular songs and the new album. I was really happy when they did Souvlaki Space Station cause it's my favorite slowdive song. I only heard the new singles and their first album so I dunno what other songs they played
- They sounded pretty great for 2 decades since the last album. Especially the main guy (don't know them by name)
-Anons are right, the show was a little sloppy, not the performing itself pe se but technically, Neil mentioned his pedals were acting up and I think he went through like 2 guitars or something
-they did do a 3-song encore
-the crowd was pretty normal, a good mix of normies and even some older folks, not just nerdy shoegaze fans

I'd say it was worth my $35

whoops, forgot that halfway through my post I looked them up to find Neil's name

#justplebthings

Were there even any POC working on this album? It's 2017. This is unacceptable.

They're performing in my town tomorrow. Never listened to them before.

Should I go?

Why don't you listen to them first and see if you like them?

dumbass

be nice

sorry buddy, I'm just insecure on account of my small dysfunctional penis :/

much better than slowdive and it has aged gracefully

start using rutracker, it's worth signing up it's top I promise

kill yourself

oh I forgot we dont allow productive discussion on Sup Forums

ill pull the trigger after you do

Hella

Now check my 5

I can't fucking stop listening to Slomo I've heard it 50 times now
I had high hopes for their new album but I didn't think it'd be this great, Slomo's one of their all time best songs for sure

That weird vocal effect? No idea what it says but I like it. Sounds like "rolling on" or something.

I really love Neil's vocals on Everyone Knows. And Rachel's too obviously but his are so sweet.
Really need someone to properly transcribe the lyrics. I looked up the lyrics for No Longer Making Time and they're just embarrassingly wrong.
>Cathy, don't wait too long
>We're no longer making time
>Forever we'll be
>Together, we breathe
>No longer for too run
Like it's clearly "careful don't wait", and I don't see how anyone could think "no longer for too run" makes any sense. Did the album booklet come with lyrics at all?

Track one sounds like running up that hill by kate bush

track Two sounds like Spiritaluzed

Not even going to bother listening to rest of this album. On their greatest album according to fans, Souvlaki, on the song Machine Gun, you have to listen to that rhythm guitar and drum part. It is so repetitive, So Languorous and while the hook is decent only someone Listening to the song as background noise would really like it

Their best songs are 40 days and Blue skied an clear off pygmalion

does this mean this

>tripfag
will they ever learn?

he didn't lie user

can some cop me a slowdive pin if it is a enamel one? will pay good money

youre right, he truthfully pleaded to ignorance and sloth by not finishing a music album

it's just a coincidence that he also uses a tripcode, and was the only person in the thread to feel this way on his 1/10th valid criticism

It also doesn't overstay its welcome, which is what a lot of shoegaze albums tend to do. Its short and bittersweet.

top 10 anime comebacks

still nowhere near loveless but yeah it was decent

I loved it and I'm only sort of a Slowdive fan. Like I like them, but I'm not IN LOVE with them, you know? I think Souvlaki and Pygmalion have higher highs but this new one makes up for it by, to me at least, being more enjoyable as a collection of songs. I'd rather listen to the entirety of this than the entirety of Souvlaki, even though Souvlaki Space Station, Sing, and When The Sun Hits are absolutely fucking killer. Still, Slomo, Don't Know Why and Go Get It aren't exactly falling all that short of the mark either. They did good with this comeback record, got me spinning their other stuff more frequently than I used to as well.

haha no bruv

It's weird but I feel like ost comeback albums in the past few years have been good rock great. mbv, D'Angelo, Sleater-Kinney, Avalanches, Swans, and now this. Believe the NMH LP3 conspiracies

it's not anything groundbreaking or new coming from them but it's a good comeback album. i didn't care for the new tracks when they released them but now listening to the whole album i get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. i'm glad they're back and i hope to catch them live sometime

Anyone here seeing them in London at Field Day?