Forced Forfeiture During Game?

Have their been any instances in any sport where a team were forced to forfeit during a game? Not due to acts of nature or because a player died or something, but rather an instance where a team committed so many fouls or rules violations or did something so colossally bad that the refs just said "No, fuck you, you lose, we're done" and called the game.

This happens in racing from time to time, where a car is black flagged and simply ignores it long enough that they stop scoring that driver, but I can't find any precedent for it in any stick-and-ball sport.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cfpr6MgGC7c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane
youtube.com/watch?v=sm4VySz1LUU
youtu.be/0u0WXDLSunA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Maracanazo_(1990_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification)
youtu.be/sCamjTcIuQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Malice at the palace

Its a rare occurrence in football, if a team has five players sent off.

Automatic 3-0 loss.

This happens in the redneck nazi parts of yurop all the time. The fans are so racist that the Home team has to forfeit and take an L

ask Jozy

I knew about ending the game after 5 red cards, but is it really an automatic 3-0 loss?

it happened in baseball with that whole Disco Inferno Night incident

Game was already over. If the Pistons were leading when it happened on the other hand...

a couple of years ago a friendly match between düsseldorf and benfica was abandoned, after a benfica player attacked the ref
youtube.com/watch?v=Cfpr6MgGC7c

>if a team has five players sent off
has this ever happened in a modern football match between professional teams? the only thing coming close, that i found, is this match:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane

>is it really an automatic 3-0 loss
"IFAB recommends "that a match should not continue if there are fewer than seven players in either team." Any decision regarding points awarded for abandoned games is left to the individual football associations."

Bottlegate
>Cleveland driving down the field down 10-15 to the Jags with 48 seconds left
>Player catches pass on 4th and 1 for a 1st down
>QB quickly spikes the ball to stop the clock
>Referee runs out after this and says they're going to review the previous play even though you can't do that after another play is run
>Overturns the call on the reception, Jags take over on downs
>Fans get so pissed they start throwing beer bottles out onto the field
>Ref decides to call the game over

And this is why they don't give you your beer in a glass bottle anymore at sporting events.

and heeeeere come the pretzels

Good times

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane
That is the most famous example, yes. Happens in non league football sometimes. I believe last year a team had five players sent off at once for fighting, but I can't remember who.

It is in the English FA, see link.
Shame they were winning 3-0 anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=sm4VySz1LUU

Happened a bunch in tennis. I think over half of McEnroe's losses were due to forfeiture.

The only proud moment for a true Browns fan since 99

Game was effectively over though, I think OP wants to know about games that were forfeited when they were competitive or the team that forfeited had the lead.

I was at that game. One of the red cards was pre planned as retribution for a deliberate elbow that required surgery a metal plate in the player's cheek a year earlier.

He never played for us again but to be fair we were told he'd go blind altogether a year before. Still see him going to the odd game as a fan.

One of the great moments of football where fans decided to go 'fuck you' against getting refballed.

Also the GM and owner refusing to condemn the fans right after the game made it all the more better.

>And this is why they don't give you your beer in a glass bottle anymore at sporting events.

The only real answer to that should be "And this is why they STOPPED selling beer at sporting events"

But hey, gotta love money

It happens oftenly in the lower leagues but rarely at the top level

The game that started the Little Brown Jug Trophy between Michigan and Minnesota had this happen back in like 1900. Minnesota tied the game against one of the GOAT dynasty's of the time fans rush the field with 2 minutes left game is called by the refs and ends in a tie.

youtu.be/0u0WXDLSunA
Year 1982 this happened in Finland's national sport, Pesäpallo. Visiting team disagreed with referee's call. Referee tried to keep game going and said to protesting players "..play or I end this game". Visitor team's player shouted back "You don't got balls to do that". Referee ended game even there is no rule he can do so at middle of game and hometeam won.

I remember a game maybe 3/4 years ago in Portugal where a team (beira mar IIRC) had all their players on strike due to delayed payments in players salaries, they showed up to a game with 8 or 9 players, half of them where juniors or from the B team, we had a special thread in Sup Forums then, it was hilarious.

September 3rd 1989
WCQ for Italy 1990, Chilean goalkeeper Condor Rojas collapsed after Brazilian fans throw a flare hitting his head, being carried by teammates away from the field and prematurely ending the game.

The next day TV and photo footage showed that the flare never hited him to which he admitted he cutted himself to allow Chile winning by secretary. FIFA deemed this to be embarrassing behaviour, granted Brazil a 2-0 win, denied Chile to compete both Italy 90 and US 94 WC and banning him for life (it lasted until 2000 though) terminating his career.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Maracanazo_(1990_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification)

Are you proud of him?

Does the rest of your country share your enthusiasm/resentment?

Maybe if I pelt you with bottles and then plastic cups after you will understand

He was hated by everyone after knowing the truth. Ironically Brazil took him and he got a job there training goalkeepers, he was actually good at that, then coached some teams there.

Since it happened decades ago people forgot about it and he is no longer hated anymore. Besides it's common opinion that even without this Chile wouldn't had qualified anyway, in the 90's and early 2000's it was a really mediocre team, barely winning against Bolivia

>missing the point

>reading comprehension

I remember a lot of shit happening between Portugal x Angola games but not sure if it had to be ended

maybe someone older than me can confirm

Didn't this also happen with Racing Santander? They were playing the Second leg of a Copa del Rey Fixture, had already lost the first leg, and the players were going to protest against the organization for delayed pay enemy's of some months.

Link for reference: youtu.be/sCamjTcIuQ4

It almost happened in Brazil ten years ago. Gremio had 4 red cards and two penalties against but still managed to win the match for 0 x 1.

Search for Batalha dos Aflitos.

The bottles were plastic then too, glad bottles hadn't been around in a while at that point

based Andershow

no suprise a chilean pulled this stunt, sneaky dirty little people