Shin • Gojira

Visiting my home country of Japan after 7 years, thought I'd take a look at the new Godzilla movie. If you wanna ask and discuss, here's the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=gAqykQKPbXk
youtube.com/watch?v=W217aoGBOIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What you think senpai?

Better than the American version, as it had set out to be. I liked it a lot and it bridges out to a sequel really well.

what does it feel like? does it come of as serious and angsty as big guy looks?

His power matches his looks... Maybe even overpowers it.

And we get to see him not fully developed, fresh outta the water.

designwise do you prefer US zilla or shin? which one comes of more powerful? shin looks so frail in pictures the arms seem like twigs.

also what is the opinion amongst japanese?

Designwise, I always thought 2014 looked too much like a dinosaur and not... Godzilla. Shin look pretty frail but he has bullet proof skin and very tough skin, tanks couldn't do the job.

His lack of arm length and stuff are made up for by his huge tail, which even fires radiation rays from it. They made him look almost zombie-like, and this becomes evident in the final scene.

Is it true that Godzilla starts off being a large reptile on all fours before gradually mutating into the upright standing Godzilla we see in the trailers?

Oh, and to answer opinions among Japanese people - I went with a few of my friends and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The movie is only 3 days old but I saw the overall review so far and it's a well deserved 4.2/5.

Close, but not quite. It's pretty funny actually.

He starts off as a brown, googly eyed, two legged... Whatever with gills. He drags his face across the ground as he cannot balance himself yet. He transforms into the fully developed (as far as we know for now) Godzilla very fast, his skin boiling as his internal temp rises.

What roars are used. I've heard 54 and 84 are used along with the regular showa roar. Is this true?

I think two from 84 were used. Not sure about 54.

is there sequel room for shin gojira vs whatever kaiju or is this pure him vs japan?

Godzilla vs humans and nothing more.

is this the best movie of 2016?

OP here, not sure what the second part will include... Most likey the world vs Godzilla. Foreign countries are helping out in this as he is now a world threat.

Yes, and the best of the decade.

We'll have to see about that
I haven't been paying attention to movies that came out this year, just wanted to see if Sup Forums wanted to know about Shin Goj

god you guys make me drool. i wasnt so hype for anything since the forest awakens

Part of the soundtrack from Evangelion reoccurs in the movie... What's with Eva and Godzilla crossovers?

>T-rex arms
>a massive kangaroo tail
>awful looking CGI

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

It's fucking worth/10

reddit gtfo

It's worth, just don't think about it too much

It has that awful Satomi Ishihara in it. Fucking hate her.

P L E B

They did make her the "half American who speaks English a lot"

DESU most of her English is unintelligable.

oh fuck I remember this, as a kid I love to read those magazines, thanks user for nostalgia-trip

Does Godzilla have a form after the one in pic related where he looks less like a brisket?

She's the spokeswoman for my company, a fucking English school in Japan.
So her shit English is my companies fault.

I would still hate fuck every one of her holes.

Nope, this is him. He's a holy, toothy guy. He's pretty intimidating

Rip
She's pretty hot tho

When Godzilla stood up for the first time he(?) used the 54.

Radical !!!

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=gAqykQKPbXk

She has the shittiest pronunciation, and that teacher is a total dickwad. He is the head 'trainer' for my company.

I was laughing at the final mission scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=W217aoGBOIg

So I'm in Japan, but don't really speak japanese. Is the movie, by chance subtitled? I know the new One Piece movie has english subs, so hoping this might too

I can sympathize with er, I mean, she is Japanese, after all. Now I CANT sympathize with her being the choice for a spokeswoman... Doesn't make much sense

Nope, and you wont find a cinema, even in Tokyo, that does English subs for Japanese movies.

she gets paid either way and the only people who complain are the anonymous people on the television section of a Japanese cartoon image board

she comes out the clear victor

Nope. There's a lot of English in it (although a bit hard to understand) and some American actors (who were somewhat unnatural and line delivery was mediocre). There's a lot of talking so just try to pick up what you can.

Eh, she needs some kind of income. Her being able to speak that much is enough, and with her looks and the white man's soft spot for asians...

They're both from the same guy, he's just reusing his assets.

They're pretty good tracks.

What's with the tail? Why the whale bones?

When can I see this subbed, or even the traditional terribly dubbed version?

I need godzilla in my life. ;__;

Hell of a crossover, too. They were selling this as a sports towel so I bought it. Love them both, idgaf about AoT

OP I also watched the movie, show me your ticket

I don't think this movie was about Godzilla

Haha! While I don't know what they're supposed to mean, in the final shot of the movie there are humanoid skeletons with Godzilla spines as kind of fossils screaming in agony of his tail. It's a silent shot and the movie ends there. Cliff hanger.

I diagree. not a cliffhanger

Here, Shin Gojira right there

no,

This movie still has some explaining to do, what with the frozen Godzilla in the middle of the city...

I think translation of Shin-Goji is very hard.
The movie has many political scenes, many informations and actor's rapid speaking.

If they can do all the other godzillas, I'm sure they can do this one too.

wtf, 1000 yen, did you also watch it today or did you go to the shittiest screening ever?

I don't even know if it'll be out in America DESU, I haven't heard announcements on it

I was guessing it stays frozen forever or they just break it.

does that really matter?

>Satomi Ishihara
Uhh, Funimation announced they're bringing it over later this year. Probably subbed

Went yesterday, it was good screening. Toho is just bae

Is this real? Sounds like more Anno's autism.

OP don't lie to them.
We both know the movie is 90% people on conference rooms and halls walking and speaking.

Many people fell asleep in my theater.
I liked the movie but it has false marketing and false promotion in the trailers.

Yeah, they literally said they still had more to do

also, tell them about the terrible CG, specially at the end.

The great cinematography didn't save the bad CG imo.

big godzilla looked well though

Yeah, still liked... And still think there will be a follow up with more action

Its true. I seen it at toho in Osaka on Friday.

Fucking somebody tell anno to finish eva 4.0 first

I mean, CG in Japan is just weird. They claimed this would be a "hybrid" effects movie, but there was a lot of CG

just be glad it wasn't toys and costumes

Haha false promotion? Literally all the trailers were off politicians talking and 5 seconds of action.

I haven't watched the numbered movies at all

How can I be a true Eva fan

I would have had more fun of there wear real special effects.

Honestly it looked like it was totally CG and no real specisl effects.

Japan's Cg is good if they have time and money, look at FF game's cinematics as example

The movie's schedule was very short.
It is a pitty...

true,
But the trailer was more exciting

and no ody would still expect the movie to be 90% political conference room scenes

TWELVE YEARS

Watched the movie yesterday,
Anno is a good filmmaker and a big hack.

Felt like watching an independent movie, I was expecting blockbuster

Anything unique Anno added that the trailers didn't show?

See, this is kind of why I think it's just set up for a sequel. It doesn't make sense to have that last mystery shot, frozen Godzilla, and just a little bit of action. Godzilla is going to break out when his core temperature reaches enough to break the ice and that's around where we'll continue.

>Felt like watching an independent movie, I was expecting blockbuster
How so?

But I don't really care to see that though....I mean it's going to be the same.

he breaks out, destroys city, humans attack and repeat.

Why are you so excited for a sequel?

You secretely wish this was an action movie right?

because it's fucking Gojira.

But then, we see Gojira only in 5% of the movie. And the rest is people im rooms talking. Why is that hard to understand?

Unique??????

No

but lots of more fancy cinematography in conference rooms

The fucking lasers
Unlike in America, trailers don't show the good parts. There was a ton of stuff you didn't see in the trailers.

>But then, we see Gojira only in 5% of the movie. And the rest is people im rooms talking.
Something every Godzilla movie something.

i thought the lasers that came out of his bacl were funny

Godzilla is a disco laser show

I don't secretly wish so... I really wish so.
It's just that it didn't turn out as the one-movie-does-it-all beginning to end story, but there is enough evidence to show that there is going to be a sequel and it's gonna be more action.

This reminds me of the Hunger Games and the Mockingjay parts. Minus the action from the first movie. The first movie was just setup and then the most important stuff would happen on the second part.

Deadly disco

I don't want Anno to make more of this...

Sexy disco

It is true that Shin-Goji is aggresive more than 2014Goji.

He is not doing more because he's gonna do Eva 4.0

Knowing Toho, they will shit sequels yearly from now on because this one was a real success in Japan and the franchise has been getting more and more popular since the 2014 Hollywood one.

So, probably we will be getting sequels directed by different people until people start to ignore them and Toho decides to give the franchise another rest of 10 or more years.

Then don't watch idk the reviews are good and this will only propell him into production of the second film

They smart

Is there anything this man can't do?

>look at FF game's cinematics as example

OP here, it's ghosting hour here in Japapapapan, meaning 2AM, so I'ma go to sleep. Was fun discussing this, I will bring it up once it's more widely known/Murica release probs

Godzilla's laser

I like

hes not, he said he'll only do 1 godzilla, so he can focus on EVA afterwads

2014 zilla vs 2016 zilla

Who wins?