Serious question here

Serious question here

Why didn't the capeshit movie fad begin with this capeshit kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exhNT2_bHs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cause it was pretty bad senpai. And I was fuckin hardcore Spawn fan when this came out. Soundtrack is dope tho.

Blade or Men In Black restarted comic book movies because, unfortunately, they were actually good

I DUB THEE...SPAWN
GENERAL OF HELL'S ARMIES

Animated series was pretty great though

>with this capeshit kino
was quite decent, user

ARISE, YOUR CRISPNESS!

the clown was fucking great in this

ARISE, DUKE OF DEEP FRIED

There were plenty of capeshit back in the 90's, but outside the two Tim Burton Batman movies, they were all shit.

Such an odd adaptation. Todd MacFarlane had pretty much complete control over the movie and decided to make a bunch of changes and tone it down for a PG-13, anyways.

I still enjoyed it, though, if only for the amazing costumes.

because he was a fucking black male.

How come god hogs up all the good followers and we get all the retards?

>Todd MacFarlane had pretty much complete control over the movie and decided to make a bunch of changes and tone it down for a PG-13, anyways.
What did they changed from the comics? All I remember was that they replaced Chapel with a chick since he was a Rob Liefeld character who crossed over from Youngblood and McFarlane didn't have the rights to him.

uhoh you got that "i wanna beat the fat little man" look in your eyes

Just a bunch of little details, really. Like Cyan being Al's kid instead of Terry's. I always liked that that aspect from the comics, that he cared so much for this kid that wasn't even his.

Because it sucked and the main guy was black, and it was the 90s the world was different.

People don't realize that there never has been a cape-craze.
It's always and only been Spiderman + Disney, and a fortunate Batman trilogy in between.

Disney, Batman, Spiderman.
Everything else is crumbs.

This was a shitty movie directed by a special effects artist. Had they hired a real director, maybe, but the director never made another movie again so fuck off.

This. Spawn is too dark to be translated into a PG-13 capeshit format for mass marketing to children and popcorn audiences.

Why not just make the full fucking gif, god damn.

Spawn wasn't the beginning of the capeshit fad Spider-Man was, yeah I know Blade and X-Men were popular too but Spider-Man was the first comic book movie which totally embraced its source material without trying make it darker and more realistic and still become a megahit.

There were Superman and Batman movies back in the 60s. I don't understand why people think capeshit is new.

Because it wasn't violent enough for me to be impressed with the hellspawn and the evil clown antagonist was cliche and poorly done

youtube.com/watch?v=exhNT2_bHs8

because Rated-R , so far smaller audience

it was too edgy for that time to get a big audience. it was the era when marylin manson concerts where considered somewhat vile.

so a rotting corpse that stands between god and the devil wasnt something fit.