Are empathy disorders like in Hannibal a legit thing?

Are empathy disorders like in Hannibal a legit thing?

Mental thread.

Ever heard of a psycopath?

Everybody has disorders.

They become problems when those disorders are too much of a hassle for people's daily lives or if you become a danger to society, in the case of Hannibal.

Or as Freud would put it "We are all crazy".

I mean in the sense Will Graham has one. His is like having too much empathy capabilities or something. I am curious as to if anyone has heard if those are legit things.

I had heard of that concept before and I quite like it. It puts us all on the same level..ish

Also, safe-spaces are bullshit.

How do you expect people to reincorporate to society while isolating them in a comfy arbritrary space that doesn't exist?

The faster you get rid of any psichological crutch the better for you.

>It puts us all on the same level
Not so. If you see that from the "We are all equal" point of view then it would be a good philosophy.

But, people have much more discrepancies than they have alikeness. Women used to be nurturing and caring, niggers used to be hardworking and dumb, chinks used to be stupid and lazy.

Stereotypes are born from common behaviours in a group. Mental disorders are behaviours uncommon for such groups. Mental illnessess comes when that person realize he's not normal and clash with society.

I completely agree with that. It also makes people more sensitive and therefore more in need of a safe space. It just ends up being a circle of sensitivity.

I was seeing it from a "We are all equal" point of view. As in we are all a little fucked up.

If you are being realistic, yes. Everybody is messed up, but then it comes the question "What isn't messed up?".

The answer most of the time is what society dictates. This is mostly why lonely people get so much shit.

Look at the entire western world

I know kek I have a history with loneliness and depression. I don't fit in with most social groups.

Do you know if any disorders like Will Graham's in Hannibal exist?

Probably should have stated this in the original post but I mean like Will Graham's disorder.

Cannibalism? Yeah, that's definetely an illness for 95% of the world population.

Will Graham, not Hannibal himself. Will Graham essentially has too much empathy with a strong imagination allowing him to relate to serial killers in their murder methods and thought patterns. It also fucks with his head and makes him delusional when he over does it.

Too much empathy? Seems like an issue, not sure if there is a term for that or if it can be considered a disorder at all.

Not quite sure because i havent seen the show but im very good at relating to others and figuring out how they feel and think about certain things

It should be important to pinpoint out that most "Cold Reading" is a random guess of people's actual situations.

You might have empathy and understand how someone feels but you'll never share their feelings nor thoughts. There is little prove and likelihood of supernatural powers of the 'Sync' type.

But predicting people is actually doable and just require practice.

I was wondering if there's a legit condition in reality that is like that.

I have found the same to be true for myself yet I'm socially outcast from most groups. Hence my curiosity.

I've found I'm able to do it to an extent and always have been.

You are an overthinker and socially anxious. Can't really point it out as a disorder since you are not messing up with people.

If you on the other hand were trying actively to 'Steal' people's lives then that would be something else.

>to do it to an extent
>Asking people random questions based on subtle hints on their facial expressions, attire and behaviours
>"I can cold read guys"
Don't fall for the meme. You are simply very logical and overthinker. Anybody with some little mid-tier empathy can cold read.

I think I can agree with that because I do go through a process of sorts involving coming up with as many possibilities as possible and using the most likely.

Anyway, does the disorder Will Graham ha exist?

I don't ask questions. I look at what they do and that sort of thing. I'm too awkward to ask questions.

Hyper-Empathy, but I find it as an hypothetical illness since as it is explained right now they imply the patient can actually feel the other person's feelings and thougths.

It is all in the patient mind and given that synching thoughts or feelings is impossible the disorders doesn't exist as exposed.

There is, though, people that pick up unbeliavably fast people's feelings and emotions who show all signs of Hyper-Empathy who would otherwise be cataloged as mentally sick.

But then again, as I already stated, if you are not actively trying to mess with people then you are not supposed to be considered mentally ill.

Forgot to add, messing with people involves 'All' people including yourself. Thus if you are actively trying to mess with your own mind it is a problem.

As with most people on the spectrum, emotions tend to be unfiltered and having higher intensities.

Alright, I think I get you. So it doesn't exist per say but there's some similar stuff to it.

I don't believe myself to be one of those people by the way. I have looked into reasoning and I think that's how I looked at people to work shit out.

What would messing with your own mind entail? Like with your identity, altering it?

I'm not sure if you're referring to me having unfiltered and more intense emotions or what you're really saying to be completely honest.

I am on the spectrum though, I'll give you that. My emotions are very in check though. I don't fit it in that sense.