I thought it was fiction. I thought, ‘Wow...

>I thought it was fiction. I thought, ‘Wow, this is a great story that needs to be told because we haven’t seen black women from that era portrayed in that way
>When I found out it was true, it hurt me to the core. That they were left out of the retelling of history and they made contributions to history. It’s not just black women, it’s also women. They had an entire department of women

There were black women working at NASA in the 60s?

Evidently

yes

We WUZ data entry and shit

exactly 1

WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS AND SHIT

Yes you dumb fuck. Read a book for once

And now they're working at the DMV, GLORIOUS PROGRESS.

look at those nigger lips, she's straight from Egypt

That woman is clearly not black.

recommend me the book that YOU read that taught you about all of the women, specifically the black women, working at NASA in the 1960s.

> A team of African-American women provide NASA with important mathematical data needed to launch the program's first successful space missions.

lmao without this 1 equation we can't take off!!!

>Spencer spoke on the panel with Paul Feig

hahahhahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahhhahahaha

>That they were left out of the retelling of history and they made contributions to history.

so were thousands of other NASA employees

>important mathematical data
Hollywood was probably right to ignore that part

Like who? Everyone knows how Yuri Gagarin did the Moonwalk for mankind.

everyone knows the astronauts. no one knows the engineers. that is how it has always been. this is a made up issue the women were paid to do a job and they did it but everyone jerked off to Neil Armstrong and got pissed at not being famous. it's whiny bullshit

Back in the day they couldn't afford engineers, the astronauts did all the engineering, that's who came up with the astronaut paste.

Yep

>nasa gets all the credit
>the Saturn V was made by contractors

Being boeing/grumman/lockheed/rockwell/ge/texas instruments/ibm/rocketdyne/general dynamics is suffering

Has his movie jail sentence been handed down yet?

Well besides Von Braun

But he was more of a figurehead than engineer

Has she ever done a project that doesn't involve race?

>2019
>This Story of a Transgenderqueer NASA Scientist Is Long Overdue
>It's just an intern who lost a bet and had to walk in heels

I can't wait to see how gut busting this movie is going to be
>4 fat negresses with weaves and long fingernails sitting at desks
>Bryan Cranston comes in angrily
>"space is no place for NIGGERS!"
>"on no you didn't!"
>scene of moon landing
>credits roll

how could she not know this? I'm white, not american and even I knew there were black people at NASA back then. Does she know theres been black female astronauts too?

What did they do? Clean the toilets?

>>Bryan Cranston comes in angrily
>>"space is no place for NIGGERS!"
I'd pay to see that.

WE WUZ SPACE KANGZ N SHIT

Yes. And they were damn important. You see, long before a computer was a device, it was a job description. Computers were people who ran numbers and pored over raw data to compile it into a usable form. From the late 19th century, they were also mostly women.

When electronic computers - first analog, then digital - came onto the scene in the 1940s, it was the women computers of government, business & academia who were given the task of using them, and this remained the case up until the late 1960s (the term "bug" was coined by computer woman "Amazing" Grace Hopper when she found a literal bug - a moth - in a faulty Harvard Mk. IV computer in the 1940s). Why they disappeared so suddenly and so fully, I'm not entirely certain. Perhaps it had to do with computational work going from being seen as a secretarial trait to a professional skill. Perhaps it had to do with Women's Lib encouraging women to get into the humanities rather than STEM at the time. At any rate, they kind of vanished and men took over computer work for a long time.

As NASA was (and is) heavily based in the South, many of the women employed to do computational work were black. They were responsible for doing the calculations that brought man into space and to the Moon. Some were so trusted by the early astronauts that they had specific women in the computer pool they wanted to be the ones to personally double-check the numbers before they climbed into their rockets.

do you think shes a descendant from a kang?

>this is "black" but Condoleza Rice isn't

I can hear it in my head perfectly

>Why they disappeared so suddenly and so fully, I'm not entirely certain.
Just think a bit.

That's why there's no movie- that job sounds boring as hell.

Do you expect American blacks to get by on their own merit rather than resort to the WE WUZ SLAVES shit?

Yes.

I didn't have high hopes for this but

>Bryan Cranston comes in angrily

Was actually pretty funny

>Noooooooooo

You just know that this woman had a great story she just had to tell.

*tries not to laugh*

I'm sick of this shit. Shoehorning niggers and "minorities" everywhere, it's getting tiresome now. Didn't care about this at first but I'm fucking done. No one wants to watch your self pitying films and retarded white guilt dramas, seriously. Fuck this, I'm just not gonna watch movies made after 2010.

why get mad about this? you can make an good film about anything, also there were black women doing calculations at NASA at the time.

stop being so fucking triggered about little shit like this.

Fuck outta here, nu male.

>white people fund and construct the spaceship
>niggers figure out a few numbers equations

>"Overrated" Grace Hopper

FTFY. People need to get off her metaphorical dick already.

cos computers is more good at doin numbers

L-leslie?

WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS AN SHIET

WTF I hate Nasa now

Hes famous because hes the father of rocket propulsion and was integral to the foundation of NASA. And project paperclip.

Honest question, why are people triggered about this? Unless it's untrue and revisionist history (which I'm lead to believe it isn't) then all it is is typical hollywood oscar-bait about the 'true' struggle behind some famous event
and since racial tensions in America are so high right now, it seems like good business to make a film like this

Have I missed something?

>and since racial tensions in America are so high right now, it seems like good business to make a film like this
>Have I missed something?

And HOW exactly is this kind of movie supposed to solve that?

It won't solve shit, it capitalises on it
Don't you know anything about business?
Capitalism senpai

Jesus will these people ever shut the fuck up about this shit? It's just embarrassing now.

He's famous because he was an outstanding self promoter

Goddard is the father of rocketry

He also didn't really do anything to found Nasa since Naca exist before Von Braun ever launched a rocket. The problem of concurrent navy/Air Force rocket programs were recognized by others.

>NASA has 100s of engineers and technicians that will never be known or given any public credit
>not to mention there were the other moon missions that hardly anyone knows about because no one cares about NASA
>these women weren't mistreated by NASA and were actually respected and highly regarded by the astronauts
>Hollywood is gonna make it seem like racist/sexist NASA was shitting on poor women of color and denied them any credit out of racist/sexist spite

Half the people who watch this won't even be able to name a single Apollo astronaut, the other half won't be able to name more than two.

Guaranteed Oscar nominations.
Hell if the SJW current becomes even stronger it might win best movie award.

So? That's every hollywood film
The only bad part of what you said is
>Hollywood is gonna make it seem like racist/sexist NASA was shitting on poor women of color and denied them any credit out of racist/sexist spite
which you've pulled straight from your ass. If the film releases and that happens, you can be mad
But until then, you're preemptively getting mad about something that probably won't happen

Right, USA hired an ex-nazi because it was a fantastic pr move, not for his knowledge of rocketry.

I think people are just sick of those with chips on their shoulders constantly bitching about non-issues. If they'd just said, "Oh, there was a black woman working at NASA. Let's put that in a movie." it would be fine, and it would serve more purpose than, "OH MUH GOD THE WHITE MALE HAS DONE IT AGAIN! THEY WAS BLACKS IN NASA YO HOW DARE YOU EXCLUDE US YET AGAIN CHECK YO FUCKIN PRIVILEGE CIS SCUM BLACK POWA BLACK POWA!"

People are just tired of their bullshit because instead of doing something valuable they whine on and on unnecessarily and the most annoying part is that people in positions of power pander to them to look politically correct and progressive and it's gradually ruining most forms of media.

By them, I'm not talking about a specific group, by the way, I'm talking about people with a certain type of mindset, be them male, female, black, white, Chinese or fucking unicorn.

>“When I found out it was true, it hurt me to the core. That they were left out of the retelling of history and they made contributions to history. It’s not just black women, it’s also women. They had an entire department of women,” she said.

Straight from the article.

Say what now?

>There were several actual negronauts
>Make a movie about numbercrunchers

Yeah, astronauts are known for flying without any guidence whatsoever. Numbercrunchers, fucking sluts xddd

This fall, witness a movie about the four white guys that, against all the odds, made it onto the Chicago Bulls basketball team and made a real contribution to the Bulls' victory in the 95/96 season.

Everyone knows about Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Derek Rose. What most people don't know is that there were WHITE men playing (and sometimes even scoring) on that team as well. It's important that their story be told, because these proud white men overcame the presumed limitations of their race to become star basketball players in an African-American dominated field.

For over 20 years their contribution has been overlooked while black players took all the glory, but now we can finally reveal that the Chicago Bulls could not have had such an illustrious season without the hard work and dedication of those four white men...

Balck astronauts were actually successful and not oppressed enough. They need a story with black people as the underdog to get good reviews.

The actress isn't the writer
And she talks about the history-writers, not the people who gave the women jobs or relied on them

I literally can't remember the last time I saw professional basketball portrayed with all-black players in film or tv

I think I'd find it pretty patronising if I were a black woman.

"Wooow, BLACK WOMEN actually worked at NASA? Using their BRAINS? That's amazing because... Well... You know. They're typically dumb as shit. But apparently there were some really smart ones too? Who knew?!"

How is he wrong, Sup Forums?

Maybe
I'll reserve judgement until I at least see a trailer so I can get a feel for its tone
But the concept of making a film about unsung 'heroes' is nothing new or worth being offended about

[insert witty casually racist joke about space jail]

Sup Forums BTFO!!

I'll tell you how this movie came to fruition.

1. Hollywood writer wants to write a film about how NASA didn't hire blacks
2. Find out they did hire blacks
3. B-but they didn't get the credit they deserve!!

So is this the new Selma?

>black NASA employees
>"it's about time their story was told"

>land a probe on a comet
>"his shirt is problematic and sexist"

Apples and oranges, but they're both fruity

You just have to look at the description given in that article. It's not a movie about "unsung heroes," or "NASA's forgotten human computers."

It's a movie "about Black women."
>this is a great story that needs to be told because we haven’t seen black women from that era portrayed in that way
>It’s not just black women, it’s also women.

We need to be told that women (particularly black women) are not as dumb as we think. If black women want to pat themselves on the back for having had jobs at NASA, fine, but it makes them look kind of pathetic. Wow you managed to do that job despite the inherent handicap of being a black woman? Have a self-aggrandising movie. No, white men don't want a movie, we do this shit all the time but YOU...

And it also destroys the progressive narrative that white men hold everyone else back based on race or gender. Clearly, even in the 60s, STEM was a meritocracy regardless of race or gender.

This. If a black is too intelligent other blacks will accuse them of being white and shun them.

To be fair, this is BET's fault and there are actually a significant amount of black people upset at what is deemed as acceptable for black culture by them

Come on now m8

>blacks not shoving race into everything

not black enough

>white guilt movie #3872

I fucking hate Hollywood.

To be fair, the only reason they had that many white players was because blacks were still being discriminated against for not playing college ball in a rich white college. Now blacks make it based on...skill...more so than what school they played for.

Yeah, cause he'd say "niggers" the same way he says JESSE!