Since the hype around the album, and the constant bandwagon of everybody sharing opinions. Lets talk about this album

Since the hype around the album, and the constant bandwagon of everybody sharing opinions. Lets talk about this album

In my opinion:
Best Tracks
>XXX, DNA, PRIDE, FEAR, DUCKWORTH
Worst Tracks
>LOYALTY, LOVE, GOD, HUMBLE

I think conceptually it wasn't as complex as TPAB, but it was still a nice concept. Production was still great. Lyrics were a little more pandering to a more mainstream audience, therefore losing a bit of substance (for ex. with the "photoshop" thing in HUMBLE). Most tracks sounded great. Only thing is I felt that the album remained inconclusive. Like it just sort of ended in an unfinished way.

Overall Rating
8.5/10

TPAB is basically unbeatable. It'll take something out of this world to beat it. IMO it was 10/10

DNA is overrated, got old pretty quick imo. The beatswitch is still pretty solid. Overall 7/10 at best.

damn is kendrick's best album
strongest themes, strongest lyrically, no cheesy songs like complexion or alright or how much a dollar cost, dark and hopeless in every way, extremely self-reflection, showing fear appreciation and confusion towards god simultaneously, more memorable than his other projects

damn > gkmc > tpab > uu >>>>>>>> s80

>cheesy songs like complexion or alright or how much a dollar cost
what the fuck?
How Much A Dollar Cost is one of the best songs he's made lyrically and instrumentally. It's beautiful. Also how is complexion cheesy?

>Humble
>a bad track
Nah m8.

I also feel I'm the only one that likes Yah a lot. Sure, the hook could be a million times better, but the beat and Kendrick's flow are fantastic.

>How Much A Dollar Cost is one of the best song he's made instrumentally
you mean best songs radiohead has made instrumentally?

Wrong.
GKMC>TPAB>DAMN>UU>S80

Section 80 is amazing, but I remember UU a bit more. Both can be ranked either way

>Ranking Kendrick Lamar's albums is like ranking Kanye West's albums, you can't. Each one is completely different from the others in terms of theme and production and everyone has their favorite of the bunch, but they're all great nevertheless

the piano chords are similar at most but nothing else about the song resembles pyramid song.

Best Tracks
>Duckworth, DNA, XXX, Pride, Fear
Worst Tracks
>God, Element, Humble

GKMC>TPAB>DAMN>S80>UU

GOD is my favorite track on the album

YAH IS THE BEST TRACK ON THE ALBUM!! MY NIGGA

Am I the only one who liked Love?

nah I like it too. I like most of the songs on this album. lest favorite have to be:
loyalty, second half of XXX, maybe feel

>feel
Meant Pride. Content wise I think Pride is very good but sonically it's not as pleasing instrumentally or verse wise. Hook is pretty though.

Yeah, don't act as if Radiohead involved syncopation please.

I'm a dumbass and wanted to say invented

> tfw the only memorable tracks are DNA and HUMBLE and maybe DUCKWORTH
Feels bad man.

Good:
>FEEL, XXX, YAH, PRIDE, DNA, FEAR
Alright:
>ELEMENT, DUCKWORTH, BLOOD, LUST, LOVE
Nah:
>LOYALTY, HUMBLE, GOD

Can't make up my mind about LOVE. Cheesy as fuck, but also that's the point. The instrumental for HUMBLE is some fucking YouTube ad shit. FEEL is the best song, hands down.

>using green text for shitty opinions

Are you from raddit?

I liked LOVE for the most part but I still can't completely get behind the feature, they sound like a weird The Weeknd

loyalty and humble are not bad tracks youre just a bad person

>second half of XXX
why?

>likes DNA but hates Humble
Literally how?

more like sounded like a good the weeknd