Seeing as how it's the cheapest 4K Blu Ray player on the market, will Sup Forums be getting themselves one of these?

Seeing as how it's the cheapest 4K Blu Ray player on the market, will Sup Forums be getting themselves one of these?

Nah, I'll wait for the Scorpio.

Got a PS4 for muh jap shit.

>Microsoft

I already own a 4K Player for my tv, so no

>xbox
>4K
>any 4K content

no and i bought my ps4 as a bluray player mostly, thats what i use it as and it works perfectly

I used to have a PS3 for this sorta thing, but honestly the games are so shit. I can't imagine paying money for a videogame console again.

Is being entertained at higher and higher resolutions really so important?

Seems like a lot of progress since 2007 or so is unnecessary.

>Buying a console with no games

Na thank's i'll jump on the Neo instead and enjoy FF7 Remake while your watching Batman V Superman uncut for the millionth time on your Xbox S.

>Thanks YIFY!

Upscalers are like $5 nigga.
If you have xbone just buy one and you are set.

he is buying it for watching movies, or you amerifat cannot do reading

We were barely on blu-ray. Going to 4k is just an excuse to sell more TVs. Entertainment technology is advancing before the population even gets acclimated.

I'm 23 and I'm basically done with video games.

I still play TF2 here and there. But more important things have taken over, and I'm glad because playing games is a colossal waste of time. I barely watch movies. And I'm fine with that. One day when you kiddies grow up and mature, you'll realize that media like this is for children and successful achieving adults don't waste their time with it.

with the price and size I'll probably pick one up. I'll still use my ps4 for multiplats but xb1 is finally coming out with more games that interest me (including ones that have already released but couldn't justify a purchase). As for the 4k blu ray player, I don't own and probably won't own a 4k tv for 4 or 5 more years.

>FF7
>A good game
hahaha
It's also on Xbox.
Dragon's Crown
Demon's Souls
MGS4
Heavy Rain (???)
That's all the PS3 games, enjoy.

>i barely watch movies
tv everyone

where the video games?

I only just upgraded to blu ray a month and a half ago. There's not gonna be any 4K blu ray content that I want for a few years anyways, and they're still super expensive
the highest resolution tv in my house is only 720p

on Sup Forumseddit with all the other manchildren that play with anti art toys

it plays the new 4K blu rays, as in a different physical format. It's true native 4K.

there are no new 4k blurays.

the next system in 2-3 years will be better

>tv
>art
Pick one, friendo.

I'm not buying it. I'm the same guy here so I'm in no rush with the lack of content and absurd price. The few 4K blu rays there are cost $50.

why would you fucking buy this version when the "Scorpio" one will be released within a year.

>Heavy Rain

stop

Ps4 is the same. I got it free thought. If I bought it is regret it so much.

All games are shit now in any console or PC. Literally nothing new in the market. Sequels are getting worse etc. Fuck it all.

get a 1080p smart tv senpai, and use ps3 media server or plug in your external. i have a samsung 42 inch and its great. im going to get a bigger one eventually but its actually really nice

23 here, you had a good point at first but then your fat arse starting hitting the keyboard. It's not about growing up you autistic cunt. It's the fact tv, movies and games are absolute shit at the moment.

it's not so bad really, it's only 26" so it's not big enough to be noticeably bad. At this point I'll probably just wait until I have the money for a 4K TV. As for multimedia I'm pretty much set, I have VHS, a PS4, a Roku, a DVD player, and a PC within HDMI length of my TV.

>VHS
a VCR*

Do these things still sound like a jumbo jet when a disc is in them?

Any good games other than forza?

don't do it if you have a PC, literally everything is coming over

Was thinking of getting Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Battlefield and maybe the next WWE game if it's at least decent.

I only have 2 gtx680s. It says I need at least something in the 700s and windows 10.

eh, it'd still probably be cheaper to upgrade your PC once someone finds out how to run these games on 7 or something. I'm sure it'll happen some day.

Will wait for PS4K.

Will neo even have a 4K blu ray player? None of the leaks have actually had any mention of it.

Oldfag here, I only play games on my ipad :)

>I'm 23 and hobbies and entertainment are for children

Il see if nvidia's next card or the xbox is cheaper.

>inb4 AMD
Im not using them again.

>As he posts from his Windows based computer

>achieving adults
Yeah, just wait until your wife takes all of your money and children from you leading you to spiral downward into chronic alcoholism until one night you kill a family on the road and end up as a quadriplegic fucktoy for a bunch of niggers on death row.

What's the point of having a 4K player/tv if your tv is under 75"?
Seems like a completely pointless upgrade unless your tv is that big or you have a projector.

The 1070 is the same price I think. Kind of overkill but if you don't let Nvidia gimp it it should last a while

Projecting hard here

I feel like it's not entirely in how far away you sit and how large the TV is, color depth is also much better at higher resolutions.

Well, it happened to me and it's going to happen to him too, just watch.

> implying Sup Forums isn't a board of phone posters

How the fuck is this a comparison? You have to have a 4K screen to see the difference.

I'll be getting one for exactly that reason.

Most people on Sup Forums are underage or poor neets so they will be watching on their phones or tiny pc monitors.

That's why it's a zoomed in portion of a photo dumbass, you can clearly see the difference

The improvement from 4K comes mainly from wider color gamuts and HDR.

see he says the same thing

There's only one game I'd buy a console for now, and only one on the horizon too.

zero dawn will not live up to expectations

why would you ever buy a Sup Forumsirgin system to watch movies i will never get.

just wait for deals 4k players will be 1/2 price of that machine in black friday at worst

i cant imagine playing video games past 18.

you have to be special kind of retarted.

It's Nier.

I'll admit that I was intrigued by Horizon when the first trailer came out, but when the gameplay footage was released I lost all interest. Stupid AI, no difficulty and the girl wouldn't shut up.

Oh, okay nier looks fucking great. It's one of the few games I bought my PS4 for. Probably should have waited though.

>consoles

I'm going to wait. There's no way I'm spending £200+ to play Bloodborne and Nier.

Why not have a PC and a console.

I wish I had done the same. I might still sell it just in case it becomes worth less with neo coming out.

>the cheapest 4K Blu Ray player

not bothered about 4K, a PS3 will do if i want a cheap blu ray player.

how much will this cost, 6 billion £?

Whatever it costs it'll be too much for an xbox

all videogame consoles are too expensive, especially with the autistic price conversions in the UK.

to be fair, pre-digital movies have the equivalent of 4k resolution inherent in the film. We just have never been able to see it that big.

We will reach a ceiling however when the filming resolution of the movie matches the viewing resolution of your home.

tl;dr when movies shot in 35mm come to 4k, that will be the only ones worth seeing

Reminder that most people who have a 4K TV have a 55 incher they sit 2,5 meters away from - plus they suffer from horrible input lag, making for a worse gaming experience (this thread is about consoles and 4k PC fags, no need to get triggered).

It's just bullshit, but there's nothing you can do to stop this. I have a small TV in my bedroom, but I can't buy an SD screen, even though I don't need anything better for that purpose. In 15 years every TV available will have 8K resolution, even though nobody needs that shit.

The 4k is much closer to what it looks like IRL

fun fact: notorious dumbass george lucas filmed attack of the clones with 1080p cameras

>4K
>Microsoft
>Console

kek

Exactly. We're reaching the point where you can't see much difference in detail without nitpicking, but you can see very noticeable differences in lighting and colors.

And all the scenes that aren't action schlock look like a fucking soap opera. The resolution doesn't matter.

>not wanting the best possible viewing experience.

Whole lotta plebs in this thread.

Depends on the price of the ps4k or how soon the xbone gets kb+m support
Halo collection with kb+m >>> Uncharted collection and Bloodborne >>> xbone with controller

Mind you that's just for living room gaming. But desu I really hope that the NX has 4k blu ray support when docked

>Microsoft
>Best viewing experience

Kek eat shit pleb

Yeah, luckily it's already the worst looking of the movies. But he really fucked up moving to digital so early. Literally the only version of the movie you will ever need is the blu ray, yet Disney will probably still only sell the series as a box set and force people to rebuy it.

>Regular blu rays on Sony consoles are better than 4k blu rays on Microsoft consoles
Buenos Dias Reddit

>But desu I really hope that the NX has 4k blu ray support when docked

>Nintendo
>disc support

kek

>Hope
I'm not counting on it

If you actually care about viewing experience you wouldn't be buying a fucking game console for literal shit-eating plebs

Never trust nintendo to EVER blaze trails in home media. It killed the N64 and gamecube's true potential.

You would though, since it's the cheapest 4k blu ray player with HDR support and high definition audio options
What would you pick? Because you literally cannot get a better player than that

Yes, and Danny Boyle filmed 28 Days Later with a Canon XL1 in SD quality.

I'd still much rather watch that than San Andreas in 4k.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhHAAAAAAAAHAHA

Is 4K even worth investing in yet or is it still just AV nerd dick-compensation shit?

>buy a 4k player
>no native 4k content

uh

Early digital adopters suck. Another fun fact: When Star Trek motion picture released the directors cut in the early 2000s, they added in some CGI scenes and new model composites to fill in the gaps that the original movie didnt finish in time

and guess what? THEY MASTERED ALL THE NEW SCENES IN 480P. Because of that fuckup, we will never see the directors cut on bluray/4k etc.

That's part of the charm of 28 days later. Attack of the Clones is a AAA hollywood blockbuster and, regardless of it being a shitty movie, the master quality should have exceeded home media quality for more than 8 years.

Theres barely any 4K discs and the Neo and Scorpio are coming out anyway you faget.

>Be Microsoft
>Can't even give the shitty XB1 away
>I know guise lets waste even more money and make two new versions of it surely we'll beat Sony that way what could possibly go wrong!

These clowns have just gone full Sega and I'll be surprised if they are still in the console market next gen.

San Andreas was fun in an ironic Roland Emmerich kind of way desu. Would recommend watching either with friends or alcohol.

4k is literally the ceiling for home video quality. Televisions are still too expensive but, considering it might last you up to 20 years, I'd say it's worth it if you have the cash for a good one.
Movie theaters are projected in 4k. When you have a 4k movie you essentially have a remux of the final and highest quality version of the film possible

Much of the Microsoft board hates Xbox and want it gone since it doesn't even turn a decent profit compared to other divisions in the company.

Jesus do people just buy a new TV every few years? I finally got a 48" HD TV a few years back with the expectation that it would last me close to a decade. Before that, my last giant CRT lasted 13 years. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to watch shit in 4k.

Fuck people are stupid. There's no way they saw TVs hovering around 480p CRT technology for the rest of time.

I've had my 720p TV since 2009 and now I'm thinking of picking up a 1080p one. Seems fine considering I intentionally bought cheap back in 09.

HD TVs had been around for a decade or more a few years ago. It was old technology, why did you expect it to not get older?