What are some often overlooked guitar tips?

What are some often overlooked guitar tips?

to play piano instead

epic

if you turn the guitar upside down

it's harder to play

the strings are an essential

l;mfao what th efuck is this

1. learn how to read music
2. don't ever tune below E standard

>don't ever tune below E standard
w-why

you don't wanna be nu metal

Jesus Christ...

but I like playing slide

Lame

Learn to read music
Learn theory

Or this

Quit while you're ahead because Robert Fripp has already done everything that could ever be done in the field of guitars.

starting off with an electrical guitar with soft strings and lowering the string action to as low as possible.

Electric guitar bc you can adjust string height with an allen tool
Lowering the strings so you don't need to use as much pressure on them to make notes
Try to get newer strings/softer strings for enhanced effect.

soak your hands in warm water for a minute before you play

Only play the first three frets so it's harder to fuck up.
Only use major chord progressions so that you have minimal retuning, with one major exception:
>Em G Dsus4 A7sus4
which is the greatest progression ever composed. Guaranteed hit.
If you change key a lot, you should get a capo. They're simple to use and all the big names use them, so there's no stigma. The only people telling you to use them are the indie beta males who don't want you to succeed.
Avoid effects pedals, the natural sound of the guitar is more powerful and easier to hear. Plus, effects pedals are pretentious and you end up looking at your shoes a lot.
If you do want to be a bit on the artsy side, try replacing your strings with fishing line. You'll lose some volume, but you'll gain a hollow, spacey sound you can't get with normal strings.
Lastly, turn the "bass" knob to "0" on your amplifier. You don't need it because it's the bassist's job to supply the bass. That's why (s)he plays the bass. By turning the bass all the way down, you create a more sonic texture that fills the room quicker.

Hope I helped, check in again soon OP and tell use how your next try went!

Be Creative

just landed a record deal and we went platinum, thanks user!

lel

Using your fucking pinky finger, goddamn has using it more been helpful

>f you change key a lot, you should get a capo. They're simple to use and all the big names use them, so there's no stigma. The only people telling you to use them are the indie beta males who don't want you to succeed.
>Lastly, turn the "bass" knob to "0" on your amplifier. You don't need it because it's the bassist's job to supply the bass. That's why (s)he plays the bass. By turning the bass all the way down, you create a more sonic texture that fills the room quicker.

Why did you put real tips in with the joke ones?

>using a capo when you can just bar with your armpit

What are some overlooked piano tips?

Music theory ruins creativity

if you have a grand, open it up and hit the strings with drum sticks for more control

t. can only play open chords

>saved and archived into my meme collection

thanks user

if your ass is fully on the bench, you're not playing with enough emotion
thats what my mental russian piano teacher told me
you should be enlivened enough to be ~reaching~ for the next note, not just plodding along from the comfort of your seat

When you start out playing piano, try playing songs that only use keys of a certain color, white key songs and black key songs. This helps you figure out the difference between regular notes and sharps and flats.
Try not to venture out of an octave during a song. It changes the mood and can really kill the vibe of the audience. Plus, it's pretentious.
That said, don't be shy to play the same note at different octaves simultaneously. This creates constructive interference that allows you to play louder.
Now for the pedals.
Use the soft pedal when doing quieter songs so the song gets even quieter and the audience needs to really pay attention.
Ride the damper heavily all the time so that the notes bleed into each other and you create a fuller ambience.
Never use the sostenuto, it's basically just a worse damper.
If you're in an adventurous mood, try opening the piano, removing the strings, and replacing the strings with fishing line. You lose the sharpness of regular piano strings but you pick up a more rubberish sound that you can't get without using a keyboard.
Tape keys together so that when you hit one, they both have to be played. This will quickly make your sound unique and coalesced.
Finally, never cover songs that were not written on a piano. These songs will not translate to the hard sound the piano has. Songs written on inferior instruments should not be played on majestic equipment.

Have fun with your piano, user! Hope to hear from you soon!

Lie down, pull your knees up over your head, shit on your chest. Rub your guitar in it and get a good adhesion, practice. It's good for your posture too.

play 7th chords instead of power chords
learn to read music

always use the correct version of chords instead of their power chord variations

kek this fuckn guy fck u nig

use reverb and delay only, it's the only thing you need

What if he wants to be the new Mudbelly?

>not weaving screwdrivers and odd bits of metal between the strings

Autismo levels are way to high in this post.

>always use the correct version of chords instead of their power chord variations
Not necessarily true

Guinea pigs in cage prisons like melodic gentle jazz guitar (but people dont)

Power chords are PLEB.

/r9k/ was a mistake.

Learn your circle of 5ths.
Learn your circle of 5ths.
LEARN YOUR FUCKING CIRCLE OF 5THS.

>'Wew', 'Kek' and variations
>No reaction
>Started using herself

oh my sweet fuck

Use your hands to play the guitar

listen to guitar as much as possible and try and play the kind of stuff you love to lsten to. It's the only advice there is.

When learning a song, play it retard slow first and very gradually build up until the right speed.

You'll just frustrate yourself trying to play at speed or close to real speed. This is a basic ass tip but its something pros forgot fairly often.

why?

Make sure to try many different techniques (i.e. don't always use a pick.). That way you'll find what works best for you and you'll slowly develop your own style.

I use to always use a pick until I started learning fingerstyle folk songs. Now I never use a pick. I find I can get a lot more dynamics and expression just using my fingers to strum.

It also depends on what kind of music you're into of course.

So, no Hendrix or SRV then?