Why does everyone here listen to the exact same music?

>inb4 they don't
>inb4 everyone else does but I don't

If you're on this board for anything other than shitposting, you 100% are a drone. Why? Why is it like this? Why does the music board have the worst taste in music on this website? Why are canonical, entry level albums the only music that gets discussed here?

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.zippyshare.com/v/aRt7AShl/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/b1M0Et3i/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/2P69liGF/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/yMHS3SI1/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/n4lfujeZ/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they don't everyone else does but I don't

that's right Jay

>Why are canonical, entry level albums the only music that gets discussed here?
It's hard to discuss something that other people havent listened to

>Why?
Who knows.

You're right though, this is easily the shittiest fucking board on this website.

entry level stuff is more popular which is why more people talk about it obviously. Other stuff gets discussed here as well but those threads die fast because only like 3 people post in them.

That's Susan

>Why are canonical, entry level albums the only music that gets discussed here?

Because the albums more people know will gt more replies because more people know them to comment on them.

If no one knows the albums they won't get replies because no one knows them to comment on them.

Fucking rocket science, how does it work.

So none of you are actually consuming that much music at all.

You subscribed to The Needle Drop and became infatuated with the idea of being ~the music guy~, but you just listen to the same shit as everyone else.

Fucking lol.

>other than shitposting

Anyone over the age of 20 is shitposting

Nobody said that you retarded fucking spunkbubbble.

yeah let me start up an esquivel general my dude I'm sure there are tons of esquivel fans here

You're missing the point
People come here to talk about music
If you try to talk about something and no one's listened to it, it won't get a lot of attention
Since it gets no attention, it ends up looking like only Sup Forumscore albums are talked about
This isn't explaining what I do it's just logic

most of Sup Forums doesn't listen to kpop because they're afraid it might be good

>cornered music babby
gee whiz uh why don't you go back to /r/Music or something ppl
>generalposting
>good
You have to be eighteen or older to post here.
This is the music board, no? A community for people with a penchant for music consumption.

You would really think taste would intersect in a way that wasn't so overwhelmingly surface level and vapid if any significant fraction of you weren't image obsessed retards.

You know you can leave whenever you want right

whew
Sure there are intersections but the point is that there's so much music that those intersections are small and great when they happen but get overwhelmed by people talking about shit everyone knows.
You're really pushing the whole "I'm a patrician and you're all plebs" narrative but really it just comes down to people wanting to be able to talk to others about shit they like and if everyone on this board likes Loveless then it's easy to connect with someone about liking Loveless so you'll post about that not the obscure Latin pop album you found in the dollar bin at a record store

Which one of my top 25 played do you want to discuss?

You've heard them all right? You aren't entry-level right?

>wah! leave!

Yes, I am aware, little fucking bitch.

So why are you still here being discontent

Is there any particular album you would like to talk about, if I haven't heard it yet I'll give it a listen and we can make this thread more positive ^_^

WRONG

here are some of my favorite albums

>everyone else does but I don't
>still trying to flex
lol get outta here

>Jamiroquai

is this the fabled Sup Forums brand self deprecative post irony hehe xd

So you don't want to discuss music then?

I'm hurt user, I reached and you shot me down. Rude.

Are great yeah

there's nothing wrong with jamiroquai, even at cheesiest the music is still good and well crafted.

Okay napolean dynamite

I like to intersperse dense sarcasm / 'irony' shitposting with active hostility every once in a while.

This board is horrible and everyone deserves to know.

OP is trolling. There is no reason to continue. You could replace the words in the OP with "movies" or "video games" and post it on any other board on Sup Forums and it would reach bump limit. Stop listening.

Okay I think everyone has already realized that most boards on this site are horrible but is there any music you'd like to talk about with me

>LALALALALALALA

Sup Forums is just a clique like you saw in high school, conforming nonconformists. Spend 3 months here and you'll realize every single album ever posted all falls under one category of very specific certain genres/music type

>I like to intersperse dense sarcasm / 'irony' shitposting with active hostility every once in a while.

There has to be more to life than this
Why are we all stuck here
Where do we go?

these all fall under a specific type of rym approved branch, this is nothing but a slightly extended mucore/fantano-core

can we play a game
can I list very separate but popular Sup Forums albums and you tell me the tying thread

merzbow pulse demon and kenny lamar to pimp a butterfly

Sure! This was gr8. : )
>implying
Consciousness is maladaptive.

> a specific type of rym approved branch

Link?

you're an idiot, I really liked the new Q-pup album but literally no one else her will have listened to it because he's an incredibly small artist, so how or why would i discuss him here?

Terrible bait, even for an anonymous imageboard.
Your post has to make even a MILD amount of sense, it's not asking much.

I've been meaning to get into noise for a while since I like a lot of genres that take influence to it but haven't found a good entry point yet, this seems interesting though so I'll give it a shot

Thanks for posting!

rateyourmusic.com

I haven't posted in this thread yet, but this album sounds pretty cool. Is it, or are you brutally memeing me?

Just post links to Youtube, Spotify, or a download link so people can listen and title your thread to something like " What's your opinion on blank" and give your opinion.

>specific type of rym approved branch
>specific

Link?

Alternatively force your album as a meme and eventually discussion will start up, unfortunately you run the risk of discussion being swallowed by shitposting but eh

>everyone else does but I don't
We're talking about a bell curve cancer. It defeats the purpose of forum if you can't interface with a community about good / lesser known things you've consumed.

This is completely non-point.
You are welcome, my man.
It is sincerely great. Jianhong is one of my favorites.

OP implied he wasn't entry-level so he has heard ALL of these.

>presumptions
>hurt feelings
Out. Fucking pussy.

Well for starters, those albums/artists are all RYM-approved in ratings alone

General umbrella of anything that is safe and unexciting/uncontroversial when it comes to rym/mu/lastfm. I can just tell if an album will be rated highly off the album cover and the genre listing, regarding of the quality of the music itself.

>anything with "post" in the genre, postrock, postpunk, etc
>any vintage folk
>"world music"
>anything with "art" in the genre i.e. artpunk, artrock, w/e
>traditional folk [gamelean, or nigger trad]
>anything with "experimental" in the genre or descriptor
>jazz, generally free jazz, and bop jazz
>pop that is either vintage, foreign, or preferably both: soul-pop, MPB/samba
>"patrician" spins of more conventional genres they are based off: jungle, drum and bass, no wave, drone
>anything melodramatic/"nhilistic" in descriptor listing, ESPECIALLY country/folkrock with that heavy melodrama
>anything japanese, generally under the same tired and boring "shoegaze/postrock/post-punk influence"

After using RYM for a few years, it's the same thing everywhere. I genuinely am at the sad point where the radio has more novelty than what RYM/lastfm/mu likes/approves of.

see above

>It defeats the purpose of forum if you can't interface with a community about good / lesser known things you've consumed.
>tfw you're right
I need to leave this board immediately.

You tryna catch Moby Dick with a net that big boy?

no you dense fucking idiot, the fact we all talk about a similar pool of music is a natural result of having a forum with lots of people. Every person here has an individual taste and listens to albums that most people wouldn't know, but the albums that are most popular will generate the most discussion and dominate the board. There are specific threads dedicated to lesser know bands, recs, and sharing, but the rest of the board will of course gravitate to more popular bands and albums because if I go "hey what did you guys think of this new Q-pup album" no one is gonna have any idea what the fuck i'm talking about and my thread would die.

This board is about music, its not a "who can find the fucking artists with the least plays on last fm" competition, of course we are gonna talk most about the accepted canon

what radio are you listening to

except you can, it's called a sharethread, rec thread, genre specific thread, etc, this board is about general music discussion not an obscurity jerk off

>I need to leave this board immediately.

I disagree with you both in that I've been able to force discussion over some obscure albums I've liked, generals are good for it or just posting at the right times

But overall you're right where the hell do we go though I'm seriously about to make a tumblr/twitter and try to connect with people via that

I doubt the average music listener has heard alll 1001 of those albums.

Hell, most Sup Forumstants haven't even heard all of albums on the general essentials chart.

You asked for a broad generalization, and I gave you one. like 95% of everything positively rated falls under that umbrella.

Okay m8y, here you go, first 5

>Smoove + Turrell - Antique Soul (modern funk/soul)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/aRt7AShl/file.html

>Dego - A Wha' Him Deh Pon? (broken beat)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/b1M0Et3i/file.html

>Mark De Clive-Lowe - Tides Arising (broken beat / jazzdance)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/2P69liGF/file.html

>eRikm - Zygosis (turntable music)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/yMHS3SI1/file.html

>4hero - Two Pages (broken beat / drum & bass)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/n4lfujeZ/file.html

None of those greentexts are applicable to any of my albums, wheres that specific link?

its not an accomplishment or surprising feat
I don't really know what you were trying to even do aside from state the very obvious fact that there's going to be overlap in tastes among a community built around sharing and developing one another's tastes

I'd like to think that discussion centers around these "canonical" albums because those are the albums most people on here have in common - they're not what people on this board listen to exclusively.

thank you I have been wanting to get into broken beat for a while

le eclectic taste face

No, fuck this board.

I'm done just throwing shit out into the void with the vague hope that I could emotionally connect over something we both enjoy.

Waste time uploading music just so someone I don't even know could maybe click on a link and get around to listening to it three months later?

No

FUCK. THAT.

Fuck Sup Forums
>But overall you're right where the hell do we go though I'm seriously about to make a tumblr/twitter
I'm on Twitter

I've found music people I can talk to. I would suggest that.

Why do you expect a clearly autistic person to understand this

>didn't even read the thread
Out

nigga most of this is in the same genre umbrella
fuck outta here with your basic inferiority complex ass

>its not an accomplishment or surprising feat
No, i didnt say it was.

but it becomes very tiring when even anything more obscure is almost always negatively rated unless it falls under one of those categories.
>None of those greentexts are applicable to any of my albums

>turntable music
>drone
>soul/jazz fusion

come on man. dont kid yourself

I'm just gonna repeat what I already said since it didn't seem to register
>We're talking about a bell curve cancer. It defeats the purpose of forum if you can't interface with a community about good / lesser known things you've consumed.

Why would anyone come to this board just to discuss the exact same music day in / day out?

>but it becomes very tiring when even anything more obscure is almost always negatively rated unless it falls under one of those categories.

what have you been trying to discuss

>turntable music
>drone
>soul/jazz fusion

You didn't say any of that and I don't listen to drone and still no link to my specific taste. I'm beginning to think you're telling me porkies you cheeky lad.

YEAH

FUCK Sup Forums

FUCK ALL OF YOU

FUCK ME

These

Fuck Sup Forums

see you tomorrow

Your anger is so misplaced idk why you think your recommendations deserve to be listened to by everyone on Sup Forums everyone has albums that they want to share with people and most people find ways to share them and get others to like them if they're smart about it get some social skills and stop being so fucking entitled jesus

>I'm obsessive and can't control my habits
>everyone is obsessive and can't control their habits

This board is a complete waste of time. There would be nothing accomplished in coming back.

Hope you're having fun! I'm not.

>literal fucking tribe mentality
are you serious

fuck this gay ass board

So why'd you make this post?

So why do you keep coming back
If we can all be honest and answer this question maybe we can all escape too

>It is sincerely great. Jianhong is one of my favorites.
I'm listening now, it's pretty cool! Thanks for the inadvertent recommendation.

Obviously it's because you can't discuss music you haven't listened to - What's discussed it what most people are listening to

For example: I haven't once gotten to talk about Archers of Loaf on here, but it's one of my favorite bands

I'm not really into noise but I'll give it a listen just for you user

This is my first time on this board in around six months. If you routinely come back when you yourself hate it, that's on you.
>no don't leave!!
>see you tomorrow LOL
It's classic Stockholm syndrome.

You know this board is awful yet you stay for the security in identity it brings you. Pathetic.

You didn't answer the question
Why'd you make this post
I know you said it was to add some real ness to the shitposting and irony or whatever but your point is bland and has been posted more than any Sup Forumscore album
Idgaf about you coming back you're just a salty user
I'm asking why you made this post

I don't think anyone considers being a 4channer of any kind to be a good identity trait to use for mental security

Not OP
You'd be wrong. It is a form of identity. You're familiar with the board culture and you know exactly what is being discussed everyday. You're in the know and everyone likes it on some subconscious subconscious level.

You're welcome!

Oh ok is OP gone then? Too bad, dude was fun to fuck with

Idk about most people but I come to this board for sharethreads and something to do when I don't have anything to do since I'd rather look at shitposts about Kanye and maybe something interesting than see what my aunt shared on facebook
Anyone who identifies with this board past liking some of the music it likes needs to get their shit together

>Anyone who identifies with this board past liking some of the music it likes needs to get their shit together

>I come to this board for sharethreads and something to do when I don't have anything to do since
>I'd rather look at shitposts about Kanye and maybe something interesting than see what my aunt shared on facebook

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

35 minutes in, this is p dope.
I think you're forgetting how young and new a large portion of this boad is. Many of these high schoolers are just getting into music and follow charts that other anons or old tripfags made and work through them to completion instead of branching off once they've developed the skills to explore on their own. There's fine discussion taking place it's just smaller and you have to work for it because nothing worthwhile is easy.
Bruh, I've seen a few threads where people ask why AoL isn't Sup Forumscore. Sorry you've missed them.

>There's fine discussion taking place it's just smaller and you have to work for it because nothing worthwhile is easy.
are you talking about /daily/

I literally just come here when looking for more music. Mainly the metal threads, but the board has also helped me discover genres I never would have known existed without it.

by your own standards either you're a drone or this is a shitpost (it's both)

because the demographics of this board are slightly intellectual depressed 20somethings, and they share similar music tastes

>20somethings

Average age here is 16. Look through any ''when did you arrive'' threads and majority say when they were 14/15yo.

I've been listening to shitloads of dopethrone recently mixed in with some Behemoth during my Diablo 2 sessions. I don't see the two discussed here that much at all.

We all listen to different music but all congregate to a minority of albums deemed 'Sup Forumscore'
Sup Forums faggot

people listen to music?

Not really. I'm talking more about engaging people in chart threads, generals when they're still under 100 posts or the more /soc/ type threads with more unique charts or ones that resemble your own in the deeper cuts. It's honestly more about talking to people than finding a good thread.
I'm 22 and I regularly old as shit here.

I miss my thicc black gf