en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_of_the_Gulf_War
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33552911
foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/19/cia-admits-it-was-behind-irans-coup/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Iraq_relations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war
globalresearch.ca/us-sponsored-islamic-fundamentalism-the-roots-of-the-us-wahhabi-alliance/5303558
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Emirate_of_Afghanistan#International_relations
youtube.com/watch?v=abyLlxtZwDM
m.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3tlfn2/did_the_mujahideen_really_turn_into_the_taliban/
mohammadmossadegh.com/news/dulles-brothers/
elevenmenblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/post-war-soviet-influence.jpg
essential-humanities.net/img/history/cw.jpg
google.com/search?q=ussr aligned countries during cold war&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS697US697&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq_bugn6HOAhUU-GMKHaB2CIIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1161&bih=532
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude deflecting any blame on america for the past 40 years of crisis in the middle east lmao

>starring two meme actors

why are you taking this movie seriously OP

I hope Jonah Hill has a massive (massive) heart attack and falls off a large structure and fucking slams into some mud or some shit.

Dude every movie sucks cause I'm a faggot millenial

DUDE SUBWAY PRODUCT PLACEMENT LMAO

You're right. America is 100% responsible for the conflicts in the middle east. Especially the fighting between susni and shia

DUDE I INTENTIONALLY MISS THE POINT OF MOVIES TO SHITPOST ABOUT THEM ON A TAIWANESE CARPENTRY BOARD LMAO

What's the point of the movie?

DUDE AMERICA DESTABILIZED IRAQ AND LED TO THE CREATION OF ISIS AND ALL THE OTHER SHIT BUT THAT DOESNT COUNT LMAO

>DUDE IT'S AMERICANS FAULT SHITSKINS ARE GOING TO SHITSKIN

Notice how Miles Teller is hiding his face so you think he's James Franco

>he thinks sunnis and shi'ites only came about in the last decade.

What centuries-old rifts will you blame on america next?

It's America's fault Saddam isn't keeping them in check.
Shitskins gonna shitskin, you're right. And that's why giving them "democracy" will only ever lead to bloodshed. It takes a ruthless dictator to enforce any sort of peace in the Middle East, but Bush and co's western liberal sensibilities wouldn't let them understand that.

The difference is the Sunnis and shittes weren't America's problem until they decided to stick their dick into another issue they had no business being in. Every fucking major world power told the US not to go to Iraq and fuck shit up and now this ISIS garbage is what we have on our hands now.

I cannot tell you just how much I hate Miles Teller.

>Every fucking major world power told the US not to go to Iraq
except for literally the entire coalition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_of_the_Gulf_War

I actually thought it was Franco 2bh

?

No one's talking about the Gulf War.

Why do people keep casting Miles? Has he ever been anything more than just a pretty face?

Cmon kid. Invasion of Iraq was part 2 of the gulf war saga.

No, but hes been certainly less

Gulf war is different from operation Iraqi freedom

The 1st gulf war just started the western involvement in the Iraq. It was no stretch that we go back and finish what we started.

>DUDE AMERICA IS THE BAD GUY
DUDE ISLAM IS PEACEFUL I SWEAR

Did you actually see the movie or read about the event it's based on? The US arms groups all time, just ask Brian Terry.

see

Except the area didn't get destabilized to hell until Saddam was killed which was the Iraq war.

DUDE DUDE LMAO LMAO

DUDE WE REALLY ARE THE BAD GUY HONEST

The middle east has been an unstable mess since before we even overthrew the shah of Iran

>Especially the fighting between susni and shia
The Sunni are Arabs. The Shia are Persian (Iranian).

1. Iran elected the first democratic and secular president in the history of the Islamic world (Mossadegh).
2. Americans get butthurt when he starts nationalizing Oil so his people can get fair revenue and advance the industry, infrastructure, and quality of life.
3. Americans use an idiotic unproven excuse that there is a "danger of the commies getting to him" to remove him from leadership, instead of just sucking it up and making friendly relations with him to set up Iran as a future ally in the region much like Turkey (which was guaranteed since Americans were better than Russians at deals and reigning in people, and he was already an ideologically compatible president seeing he was Democratically aligned).
4. Americans place a retarded dictator as a leader.
5. Americans also placed a retarded dictator in neighboring Iraq where Sunnis are a significant population at the time (Saddam Hussein), while Americans also suck up to the leading Wahhabi cancer on the planet (Saudis).
6. Retarded American puppet in Iran starts acting like Erdogan of today, but worse.
7. Iranian people build up animus and hate, to the point where they are willing to go full retard just to spite the Americans for fucking with their sovereignty.
8. What could have been a Democratic Iran, is now a Religious Theocracy, thanks to American foreign politics fucking up as usual.
9. America decides to use their other dictator to fuck with Iran now.
10. Iraq-Iran war ensues and America and France heavily invest in, and support, Saddam Hussein.
11. Shia-Sunni relations degrade like never before thanks to American foreign politics creating the Iran-Iraq war.
12. Shia-Sunni conflict creates blood feuds and collateral that would go on for generations.
13. Suck a dick.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33552911
foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/19/cia-admits-it-was-behind-irans-coup/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Iraq_relations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war
globalresearch.ca/us-sponsored-islamic-fundamentalism-the-roots-of-the-us-wahhabi-alliance/5303558

>handing Mohammed Jihad an old M-16 whenever the dictator you put into power doesn't play along isn't the definition of bad goy

>goy
JIDF detected

I love people like you cause you admit the one thing that actually matters. That Middle Easterners people are so devoid of any willpower that if any outside force intrudes on their territory they can't do anything but kill each other.

>"WELL THEY GIVE ME A GUN WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO NOT KILL ANYONE???"

It doesn't take much to push a country who doesn't have their shit together in to chaos. I say this as a person living in the ME. There is PLENTY of fractures and lay lines to exploit us. It was our responsibility to fix those decades ago now

DOES IT INCLUDE A FOOTLONG IN JAIL?

I don't dismiss the fact that Muslims are retarded, i hate them and their inability to self-regulate their retarded religion.
But i also don't act as if retarded American foreign politics doesn't have a talent at fucking up spectacularly and destroying practically every fucking situation that would have spelled "long-term benefits of immeasurable proportions" which was served on a fucking platter, by dousing gasoline all over it and then dropping a nuke to ignite it just for shits and giggles.

Great I'm glad you can admit not everything is 100% America's fault. Now only if everyone could take responsibility for their own fuck-ups

>American supported the shah 60 years ago
>this caused all conflicts in the middle east
lmao holy fuck its like a college freshman who read their first Noam chomsky book.

interference has never gone well, we need the prime directive

>sunni and shia slaughtering each other for 1300 years, establishing caliphates and carving out territory through through bloodshed
>DUDE VIOLENCE IN THE MIDDLE EAST IS ALL DUE TO AMERICAN MEDDLING DURING THE COLD WAR LMAO

>American put in the Shah
>American created Saddam
>American created the Taliban in order to fight communism
>American pushes the Shia/Sunni relations into fullblown conflict
>American decides to go against the former puppet Saddam
>American leaves Iraq in ruins, especially its industry, thus ensuring that Iraq can never recuperate on its own
>American leaves shit tons of weapons in Iraq
>American supports ISIS/ISIL via Syrian rebels with money and weapons
>Middle East goes into chaos again because American had to meddle and do stupid shit again

Gee, would you look at that!

Jonah has such punchable face

TLDR this is /tv go back to /his you filthy pecker

>American created the Taliban in order to fight communism
this simply isn't true. Mujahideen did not become taliban.

Also, remember that the oil companies who were going to get kicked out when Mossadegh was elected were represented by international law firm Sullivan and Cromwell, which at the time counted Allen Dulles as one of its lawyers. CIA Director Allen Dulles. The same CIA that executed Operation Ajax in Iran. How did Allen get approval from Eisenhower? Allen got help from his brother Secretary of State John Dulles and convinced Eisenhower that Iran was in danger of falling to communism, the go to excuse of those days to get made anyone who showed any discourse against the US or the Western European powers.

>asshurt because his country is an evil empire
Shouldn't have started a retarded thread if the truth hurts too much.

>to get made
*to invade
Fucking autocorrect.

Okay, maybe, but what about the 1180 years of conflict before that?

>mujahideen did not become taliban
>religious fundamentalists didn't become religious fundamentalists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Emirate_of_Afghanistan#International_relations

You faggot Americans even supported Islamic Pakistan against Bangladesh/India in what was the biggest religious genocide perpetrated by Muslims in that fucking century.

The only evil faggots here are the retards that have been fighting for that shit religion for over 1400 years. Eat shit.

Why does the American government like Islam?

i can't believe that fat idiot put back on all that weight that he lost

actually i can because fatties are weak willed faggots

1. Cold War
2. Oil

That just makes them retards, not evil. What's evil is an empire ran by rich men that holds control of ass-backward third-world countries and their resources by striking deals with the despots it puts in power.

youtube.com/watch?v=abyLlxtZwDM

What did he mean by this?

its unfortunate to post reddits history subreddit but a it's a good summary. but to suggest that america somehow directly "created" the Taliban is disingenuous bordering on absolutely false

m.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3tlfn2/did_the_mujahideen_really_turn_into_the_taliban/

mohammadmossadegh.com/news/dulles-brothers/

Exactly. It would be great if America took responsibility for their foreign policy fuck ups

The movie is a great exaggeration of the real story. The fact is that those 2 guys really never did much other than meet with a few military representatives and send some emails.
Other than that, the actual transport of the ammo was handled by the shady shipping company.

>le Americans should never have bothered halting the advance of communism meme
yall niggas would be drinking potato vodka right now if america hadn't had their fingers in all the different nations pussies during the 20th century

>he bought the communism meme
To quote from this articlewhen the Brazilian ambassador asked for proof that the Soviets were up to something in Guatemala, Dulles responded "...it will be impossible to produce evidence clearly tying the Guatemalan government to Moscow; that the decision must be a political one and based on our deep conviction that such a tie must exist.” That's how it was with a lot of these invasions. Self-interest hidden behind "deep conviction" that the commits were meddling around.

>a political comedy from the director of "The Hangover Trilogy"

*commies

Mongols. Muslims should get reparations from Mongolia

Reddit

>hes a retard who knows nothing about history. people manipulating the situation doesnt mean it wasnt a real threat you dumb fucking nigger.
elevenmenblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/post-war-soviet-influence.jpg

>elevenmenblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/post-war-soviet-influence.jpg
heres an even better one. why are liberals so out of touch with reality?

what are you 40?

>communism meme
unironically kill yourself. the red scare and Reagan were fucking retarded, but that doesnt mean it wasnt real. the entire world was in conflict.
essential-humanities.net/img/history/cw.jpg
unironically kill yourself senpai

>chain of influence is unshakable
>people are never responsible for their own actions, only the people who made them do it through circumstance
B-B-BACK TO FRANKFURT

>essential-humanities.net/img/history/cw.jpg
>see! the red color indicates communism!

>Self-interest hidden behind "deep conviction" that the commits were meddling around.
lmao no shit. its called the cold war because the east and west were fighting for their own interests. it was an ideological conflict, nobody ever said it was an altruistic cause. jesus christ dude.

>get BTFO
>g-go back to /his/

>mossadegh
>first secular president in islamic world

>I have no idea what Kemalism is
>Ataturk who?

>google.com/search?q=ussr aligned countries during cold war&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS697US697&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq_bugn6HOAhUU-GMKHaB2CIIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1161&bih=532
have you never seen a history textbook? Do you not know how east west ideology maps are color coded? Do you think its some vast academic conspiracy to label these countries as USSR alligned or communist? Notice the lack of red in south america, its not some kind of american adventurism propaganda
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Empire
theres a list with sources. which ones will you argue against?

>literally linking a google search and wikipedia
I've never seen anyone so desperate to be engaged.

ok, thats fine, please post me your map and list of countries instead with better sources that refutes all the historians and journals in the wiki link

Nah.

>I've never seen anyone so desperate to be engaged.
lmao
"The borders of the Russian World extend significantly farther than borders of Russian Federation. I fulfill a historic mission in the name of Russian nation, super-ethnos, unified by the Orthodox christianity. Just as in Caucasus, I'm fighting in Ukraine against separatism – this time not Chechen, but Ukrainian one. Because there is Russia, Great Russia, Russian Empire. And now Ukrainian separatists in Kiev are fighting against Russian Empire.", Alexander Borodai, in: Skobov, Aleksandr (21 July 2014). "Peкoнcтpyкция aдa" [Reconstruction of Hell]. Grani.ru. Archived from the original on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
^ Jump up to: a b Beissinger, Mark R. 2006 "Soviet Empire as 'Family Resemblance,'" Slavic Review, 65 (2) 294-303; Dave, Bhavna. 2007 Kazakhstan: Ethnicity, language and power. Abingdon, New York: Routledge.
^ Jump up to: a b Caroe, O. (1953). "Soviet Colonialism in Central Asia". Foreign Affairs. 32 (1): 135–144. JSTOR 20031013.
Jump up ^ Natalia Tsvetkova. Failure of American and Soviet Cultural Imperialism in German Universities, 1945-1990. Boston, Leiden: Brill, 2013
^ Jump up to: a b Dmitri Trenin, “Post-Imperium: A Eurasian Story,” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2011. p. 144-145
Jump up ^ Paul Goble (2014-11-11). "Russians Dream of 'Soviet Empire Without Communists,' Commentators Say". Interpreter Magazine. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
Jump up ^ Alexander Dugin, Foundations of Geopolitics
Jump up ^ Cornis-Pope, Marcel (2004). History of the Literary Cultures of East-Central Europe: Junctures and disjunctures in the 19th and 20th centuries. John Benjamins. p. 29. ISBN 978-90-272-3452-0.
Jump up ^ Dawson, Andrew H. (1986). Planning in Eastern Europe. Routledge. p. 295. ISBN 978-0-7099-0863-0.
Jump up ^ Shin, Gi-Wook (2006). Ethnic nationalism in Korea: genealogy, politics, and legacy. Stanford University Press. p. 94. ISBN 978-0-8047-5408-8.

okay, so back to the movie. any of you guys read the book Arms and the Dudes? heard it was really good.

thats because youre a dummy with no reputable source to back up anything you say.
actually i might be the stupid one, because im literally arguing with someone who doesnt believe the soviet bloc and russian spheres of influence even existed.

rofl
Hirsch, Donald; Kett, Joseph F.; Trefil, James S. (2002), The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, p. 316, ISBN 0-618-22647-8, Eastern Bloc. The name applied to the former communist states of eastern Europe, including Yugoslavia and Albania, as well as the countries of the Warsaw Pact
Jump up ^ Satyendra, Kush (2003), Encyclopaedic dictionary of political science, Sarup & Sons, p. 65, ISBN 81-7890-071-8, the countries of Eastern Europe under communism
Jump up ^ Compare: Janzen, Jörg; Taraschewski, Thomas (2009). Shahshahānī, Suhaylā, ed. Cities of Pilgrimage. Iuaes-series. 4. Münster: LIT Verlag. p. 190. ISBN 9783825816186. Retrieved 2012-12-21. Until 1990, despite being a formally independent state, Mongolia had de facto been an integral part of the Soviet dominated Eastern Bloc.
Jump up ^ Julian Towster. Political Power in the U.S.S.R., 1917–1947: The Theory and Structure of Government in the Soviet State Oxford Univ. Press, 1948. p. 106
Jump up ^ Tucker 1992, p. 46
^ Jump up to: a b Encyclopædia Britannica, German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact, 2008
^ Jump up to: a b Text of the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, executed 23 August 1939
Jump up ^ Christie, Kenneth, Historical Injustice and Democratic Transition in Eastern Asia and Northern Europe: Ghosts at the Table of Democracy, RoutledgeCurzon, 2002, ISBN 0-7007-1599-1
Jump up ^ Roberts 2006, p. 43
Jump up ^ Sanford, George (2005), Katyn and the Soviet Massacre Of 1940: Truth, Justice And Memory, London, New York: Routledge, ISBN 0-415-33873-5
Jump up ^ Nekrich, Ulam & Freeze 1997, p. 131
Jump up ^ various authors (1998), Adam Sudol, ed., Sowietyzacja Kresów Wschodnich II Rzeczypospolitej po 17 wrzesnia 1939 (in Polish), Bydgoszcz: Wyzsza Szkola Pedagogiczna, p. 441, ISBN 83-7096-281-5

40 keks
various authors (2001), "Stalinist Forced Relocation Policies", in Myron Weiner, Sharon Stanton Russell, Demography and National Security, Berghahn Books, pp. 308–315, ISBN 1-57181-339-X
Jump up ^ The Soviets organized staged elections,(Polish) Bartlomiej Kozlowski Wybory" do Zgromadzen Ludowych Zachodniej Ukrainy i Zachodniej Bialorusi, NASK, 2005, Polska.pl, the result of which was to become a legitimization of Soviet annexation of eastern Poland. Jan Tomasz Gross, Revolution from Abroad, Princeton University Press, 2003, page 396 ISBN 0-691-09603-1
Jump up ^ Soviet authorities attempted to erase Polish history and culture, Trela-Mazur, Elzbieta, Sowietyzacja oswiaty w Malopolsce Wschodniej pod radziecka okupacja 1939–1941 (Sovietization of Education in Eastern Lesser Poland During the Soviet Occupation 1939–1941), ed. Wlodzimierz Bonusiak, et al. (eds.), Wyzsza Szkola Pedagogiczna im. Jana Kochanowskiego, 1997, ISBN 978-83-7133-100-8
Jump up ^ Soviet authorities withdrew the Polish currency without exchanging rubles,(Polish), Karolina Lanckoronska Wspomnienia wojenne; 22 IX 1939 – 5 IV 1945, 2001, ed, page 364, Chapter I – Lwów, ZNAK, ISBN 83-240-0077-1
Jump up ^ (Polish) Encyklopedia PWN, "OKUPACJA SOWIECKA W POLSCE 1939–41", last accessed on 1 March 2006, online, Polish language
Jump up ^ Piotrowski 2007, p. 11
Jump up ^ Soviet authorities regarded service for the pre-war Polish state as a "crime against revolution" Gustaw Herling-Grudziński, A World Apart: Imprisonment in a Soviet Labor Camp During World War II, 1996, page 284, Penguin Books, ISBN 0-14-025184-7 and "counter-revolutionary activity",(Polish) Władysław Anders, Bez ostatniego rozdzialu, 1995, page 540, Test, ISBN 83-7038-168-5 and subsequently started arresting large numbers of Polish citizens.

>he doesn't realise America really are the bad guys

topjej

Sure.

>Alexander Borodai

glad you admit you were wrong
here are a handful of the sources for wiki articles on soviet bloc. i suggest you peruse it so you dont come off as such a blithering fool the next time you want to talk history

>The Sunni are Arabs. The Shia are Persian (Iranian)
From the very first line I knew you were retarded

You didn't even mention the British Empire.

America didn't just decide to fuck with Iran over Communism, it was an orchestrated plot by the British to get American involvement to retake their oil fields. Anglo Iranian Oil was the single wealthiest company in the entire British Empire. The Brits tried on multiple times to get the Americans involved but they didn't really give a shit that Mossadegh was taking back what was rightfully Iran's.

Fuck, Iranians actually liked the US because they also won their independence from the Brits. The US was considered a role model in terms of its history and resistance to monarchism.

That's not to say the US doesn't do fucked up shit, but other nations definitely bare mentioning. Particularly because Western Europeans sit in their fucking ivory towers condemning the US, but are only marginally better.

Are they going to take anything about this movie seriously, or will it just be a comedy?

>We want the Wolf of Wall Street audience

it will probably be a comedy like The Big Short. funny bits with serious themes. maybe. btw, funny thing, the real Efraim had that Lord of War poster up in his office.

>Miles Teller
is he the son of Penn Teller?

is this the sequel to Army Dog?

Reddit

WE

>Penn Teller?

I had a good chuckle

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

HA

I fucking hate that Teller faggot. I want to kick the shit out of him.
He's fucking ugly too