Ghostbusters

As of right now (July 31, 2016), Ghostbusters has made a box office total of $158.3 million against a production budget of $144 million.

Granted it has only been out for just over two weeks and still has a few international releases to go, I’m stoked about that news. This means that a female-driven action comedy is able to make a profit in the box office. Yes, the box office totals are nowhere near record-breaking, but I do sincerely hope that it’s enough to prove that there is a market for action/comedy films about and starring women.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY
youtube.com/watch?v=is31GGfhz8o
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Social justice
>Not even once

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist.
I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, this accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
I tell myself I bear witness, but the real answer is that it's obviously my programming. And I lack the constitution for suicide.
This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. It's like there was never anything here but jungle.

>it has only been out for just over two weeks and still has a few international releases to go
Last I checked it's out in EU and US and it won't be released in China, so what's left?

Isn't it on its third week?

Also

>Profit

There's that pesky word again.

Stop poking the neckbeards

Jesus Christ this is hilarious

>production budget
Nice job. Now get double to actually cover the marketing budget as well.

>profit

>giving sjws money for projects and expecting anything good to happen

>profit

>able to make a profit

>But box-office analysts and rival studios are skeptical that Sony has indeed relaunched the storied franchise, considering $46 million is a problematic start for a movie with a net production budget of $144 million (rebates and tax incentives brought it down from $154 million). Ideally, they say, it should have opened to $60 million or more.

lel

>box office total of $158.3 million against a production budget of $144 million

>profit

>When factoring in marketing costs — the price tag for promoting a summer tentpole globally can be upward of $150 million — Ghostbusters may have to earn $375 million to $400 million worldwide to break even for Sony and partner Village Roadshow Pictures. That means it needs to do sizable business overseas, since it could top out in the $130 million range domestically. (Sony insiders counter that the break-even number is $300 million.)

Bravo Amy Pascal

>As of right now (July 31, 2016)
>post made in August
nice pasta m8

Even if 100% of that revenue went to the studio, which isn't the case, they still need to pay for marketing. They haven't made any profit yet.

>8 million
>profit
>forgetting about marketing costs

Shill please git and stay git.

>This means that a female-driven action comedy is able to make a profit in the box office.
This is not how it works. The budget of the movie doesnt include marketing. And the company only gets a % of each ticket, they rest goes for the theater owners, which believe it or not, dont screen movies for free.

But why taking my word about this when even Feig gave us the number the movie needs to make in order to make profit? btw that number is 500m.

Cut that in half for the theater take, and then subtract at least $100 million for marketing. This turd needs $400 mil to break even.

500 mil isn't the profit mark, it's the success mark for a sequel.

The Movie probably needs ~350 Million to make a profit, but there's no way in hell they're ever getting that

JAPAN! They're gonna' go nuts for it. It's got techie shit and them squinty eyed bastards love that stuff. Also, they like ladies, and this movie has ladies. FOUR of them. I mean, I really wouldn't want to see any of them getting raped by ectotentacles but, hey, whatever works.

Mexico,Spain,Germany and Japon. Countrys where nobody give a fuck about the Ghostbusters or they love the old one and hate the new one

Germany reporting in, so far I only saw a very short trailer once on tv.
No one I know has even heard about the movie or all the controversy surrounding it.

Mexico reporting nobody gives a fuck about this movie, people like the old movie more and give zero fucks about this one

But if they don't go to see it they're still misogynists.

Take out marketing and theater cut. They are still in the red.

>Isn't it on its third week?
3rd week started on Friday July 29th. So almost 1/2 way through 3rd week.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY

Will the neckbeards and SJWs ever get tired of ghostbusters?

> but I do sincerely hope that it’s enough to prove that there is a market for action/comedy films about and starring women.

But this market doesn't exist. The only people that watched this shitshow were feminists and numales that were desperate to make a point.

If Sony and liberals weren't so desperate to make this movie a hit and shilling it so hard, I sincerely doubt it would breake the 80mil mark.

>The Movie probably needs ~350 Million to make a profit, but there's no way in hell they're ever getting that
I think this is closer to the mark.

I don't think studio execs spent that much in marketing given the negative reaction to the trailer and the free press Ghostbusters got from the internet reaction.

At most they may have spent $60-75M. The 2x marketing spend is usually for films with a large international market, which GB didn't have.

It's just a shame that they chose this franchise for their pissing contest, it was Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis' baby

>but I do sincerely hope that it’s enough to prove that there is a market for action/comedy films about and starring women.

except no. do you realize sony burnt a very expensive established IP for this shit ?

first their ruin little big plant, no this. wtf Kaz ?

Sony's been going down the shitter for years, it's a miracle that they're still around

They actually made a new cover version of the Ghostbusters theme that's not half-bad. Shame's it's associated with such a shitty flick.
youtube.com/watch?v=is31GGfhz8o

Way better than that fallout boy missy elliot abomination

>oh I'm scared
>my lights are on

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

You do know how box office works, yes? Making what you put into it isn't profit. Studios only get around half what they make in the theaters. So it really needs $288 million. And then you factor in marketing, which for a movie like this is around $100 million. Now double that. That brings the total this movie needs to JUST BREAK EVEN to $488 million.

So long story short, this movie is fucked.

That 144 million doesnt take into account the other 100 million dollar marketing budget. It hasn't made shit yet.

stop posting this shit in every fucking thread
you have no talent and this is not the way you go viral
no adsense cents for you, fuckwit

another useless cunt trying to earn 45 cents on adsense spamming his shit video

stop it, nobody here cares for it, yo do not cater to our audience

What about the hundred or so million that they spent on advertising that isn't included in that production budget?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, OP.

Fuck yourself with a rake.

it sound better than the FOB cover. Could Japan save this movie? this country have a fetish for young girls i don't know how they will react to middle age woman

>this movie needs to JUST BREAK EVEN to $488 million
user this movie is a shit show and a flop, but it dosen't need 488$ that would be a profit a low profit, this movie need like 320M tops to break even

The JP trailer doesn't have as many dislikes and most of the commenters seem to be perplexed over the backlash.

>be bernie bro
>at the dnc convention
>wilileaks drops
>hillary cheated
>rigged primary
>media in full collusion
>someone even mentions that the media pushed it's agenda with the ghostbusters reviews
>we will all vote and campaign for Trump in protest
>mfw these cunts help elect Trump

:^)

Based Japan will save this movie. If Japan, the patriarchal capital of the world, saves this movie, that would be beyond hilarious.

They're probably just out of touch with all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans and forced controversies that happened in the US.

And the marketing budget?

rule of thumb for everyone:

The bigger a black woman's hair, the more sassy and opinionated she is.

Think of it as a courteous gesture telling everyone around her she has a shitty personality so they don't have to talk to her to find out.