You dudes don't actually like Oasis, do you?

You dudes don't actually like Oasis, do you?
This is a meme, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
youtube.com/watch?v=AMy-pTscB78
youtube.com/watch?v=dQLizbcFmrI
youtube.com/watch?v=xlEmSu7U-yo
youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c
youtube.com/watch?v=84MlCMahlWY
youtube.com/watch?v=qE7SgQHlGCE
youtube.com/watch?v=rxfI8BWe2Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=-IKAOnazNSY
youtube.com/watch?v=5n1mfhFBYdg
youtube.com/watch?v=rpaA163XaQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean, the first two records have song good songs...

I have Stop the Clocks and Dig out your Soul, about as deep as I've ever cared about getting into them. I do still love both these albums though.

>nu males can't handle that people like music that isn't Sup Forums core or shit thats for white uper class art students

this.

Why don't you off yourself you upper class shit bag.
Or if they're not authentic enough for you these days, put on some Sleaford Mods.

I like early Oasis a good deal.
Despite their reputation as knuckledragging ladrock, I find there to be a lot of sincere, un-affected empathy and humanity in a lot of their early shit.

first album was great, and they had some good moments after that.

In their prime what was wrong with them?

i had no choice but to like oasis since my older sister was a massive anglophobe and followed them from pretty much the first single onwards
she was probably the only person in all of the US to obsess over the whole blur vs. oasis thing
i still remember seeing the video for roll with it on mtv for the first time on a very humid summer night
good times

Childhood is liking Oasis because you consider them one of the greats alongside the Beatles, Stones etc.
Adolescence is hating them because their arrogant bastards and not as good as they're often made out to be
Adulthood is realising they were a damn good Alt. Rock band who released at least 2 really good albums
It's rare for Noel Gallagher that's he the least cunty person in the room

*anglophile

pretty drunk, sorry about that

Who's the most then?

Rank pls

>Liam
>whoever else was in Oasis
>Noel

IMO
>Morrissey
Actively enjoys being a cunt, so top cunt
>Brand
Doesn't try to be a cunt, but fucking hell if he isn't really fucking annoying
>Gallagher
Is just a cunt for the bantz

only limp-wristed britons are allowed to hate on oasis (b/c of overexposure). other nationalities shouldn't even bother

lovely story
i remember an nme/mm article abt blur touring in america around parklife, apparently they had a small but loyal following of anglophile neo-mods who drove vespas and shit, like 15 years late to the whole jam/quadrophenia thing

They constitute a sound archetypal of a great number of qualities that can be easily fit to say, "they are this" or "they are that" for the Queen, for rock n roll, for the people. They were also ogled on early internet music forums which gives an air in maturity for liking them now.
t. Montie

i'm legitimately starting to believe Liam browses Sup Forums to post these kinds of threads

don't be such a contrarian fag, oasis has some good songs

If it was Liam Gallagher they'd be written:
fuckin oasis top band disagree swear on me mum come volley you in the fuckin face as you were LG x

The only thing separating early (from Definitely Maybe until The Masterplan) Oasis from whatever indie rock you cream yourself over is the fact that Oasis wrote Wonderwall.

youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
youtube.com/watch?v=AMy-pTscB78
youtube.com/watch?v=dQLizbcFmrI
youtube.com/watch?v=xlEmSu7U-yo
youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c
youtube.com/watch?v=84MlCMahlWY

Face it, they were god-tier for a few years there.

Your sister sounds cool, we should hook up desu.

I like all 3 of 'em, but yes, accurate breakdown.

>Champagne Supernova

Is this the most popular shoegaze song ever?

Yes. So much so that Deafheaven bit it for their last record.

Definitely maybe is fantastic

>i remember an nme/mm article abt blur touring in america around parklife, apparently they had a small but loyal following of anglophile neo-mods who drove vespas and shit, like 15 years late to the whole jam/quadrophenia thing

hah, i didn't even know they bothered with touring the US after the disaster that was that tour they did with MBV and dino jr and whoever else

>Your sister sounds cool, we should hook up desu.

she is cool, i got into all sorts of cool(and not so cool) shit as a wee lad that i never would have discovered on my own, all thanks to her UK obsession
siouxsie and the banshees, underworld, the sisters of mercy, suede, oasis etc.
gotta disappoint though, she's married with kids at this point

>(and not so cool)

What's that supposed to mean.

I'VE JUST GOT ONE THING I WANT TO SAY...

it's supposed to mean that my sisters's quality standards werent entirely up to par when it came to british bands, and that i was exposed to a lot of really lame pop music as well as a lot of really good pop music as a result of that as a kid
such as bush, the awful fake nirvana from england(also the closest i ever came to liking "grunge" music, as nobody in my environment gave a shit about nirvana or alice in chains or whatever)

youtube.com/watch?v=qE7SgQHlGCE

or shed seven, the awful 2nd-wave britpop band

youtube.com/watch?v=rxfI8BWe2Ck

or texas, who were a very boring alt-rock/alt-country band when i first heard of them...

youtube.com/watch?v=-IKAOnazNSY (i think i have this particular performance on vhs somewhere)

and who went on to reinvent themselves as an extremely lame(and extremely successful) straight up pop band in the late 90s: youtube.com/watch?v=5n1mfhFBYdg
(i think the only reason i even remember this band is because the singer made me feel things as a kid, they remain some of the blandest fucking music i've ever heard)

or the cardigans, who were actually fucking swedish

youtube.com/watch?v=rpaA163XaQA

still though, good fucking times

Greatest B-side compilation of all time.

>Shed Seven

I thought I was the only one who still remembered this band lmao. They sucked.

it's all just promo/shill-posting leading up to oasis' reunion statement later this year and their headlining slot on coachella next year
nobody actually likes oasis on Sup Forums

Noel has literally no reason to bother with an Oasis reunion and all the trouble that would come along with it.

>or the cardigans, who were actually fucking swedish

Top kek.