Learning spanish

>learning spanish
>entire language has words for men and women forms and ten different ways to say a or the
>language is so fucked up the locals got so annoyed and just shorten everything and now spanish people cant understand mexicans who cant understand argentines because they have localized versions of spic

fuck this meme language.

CHI

>It's a Vosotros Versus Ustedes Form lesson

At least it's not Arabic where you have to conjugate verbs for gender too

>watch Narcos
>murderous drug dealers tell "Usted" to each other

On a serious note OP brought up a good point. I'm trying to reteach myself Spanish right now and on Memrise and Duolingo they give me the option of Mexican Spanish or Spanish Spanish. Plus if I go on youtube it could be any number of accents.
Which to choose?

OP here.
Just dont bother.

Go learn a non meme langugage like c++ or financial data or advance math.

IIRC, isn't tú used for close family/loved ones? Either way, at least they're polite violent drug dealers.

If you think that's bad, try learning a dialect of Chinese, where people's names have different pronunciations depending on the dialect. Or Thai, where you have no way of indicating number beyond shoving adjectives after nouns.

Fuck that. I studied finance. I hated it. And comp sci. Also hated it.

You only use "Tu" when speaking informally or to someone you don't respect.

To anyone you don't really know or people who you respect "Usted" is what we use.

Then accounting or something universial thats actually useful. No one who ever became someone speaks spanish these days.

Fuck this shit. I wish HRE invaded Spain so they could introduce german autism into your languge so stupid shit like this wouldnt happen.

>Studying something you hate
NOT POSSIBLE TO DESIGN THIS NOTION FROM SCRATCH

But seriously, start studying meme math (statistics) and learn R.

>dutch, belguim, porteguise, norwegian, italian, greek, turk, persian, korean, thai, vietnmanese languages exist

why did these countries have to be snowflakes and make up a shitty reject form of a superior language?

We use 'vos' for close friends.
'Tú' is not used that much.
'Usted' is more respectful and for people you don't know.

Spanish is the same no matter the accent. You learn it in Cuba, you can understand it in Mexico, you learned in Argentina or Spain you can understand even a Chilean(they accent is really weird but you get used to it) there's the real academia española which regulates Spanish so it is the same all around the world.

The thing, here in France, is that our "usted" (vous) is used between respectable people, and drug dealers are not respectable. So they will naturally use "tu" between each other, unless it's some unimportant guy talking to a drug lord.

I studied them for those meme dollars. I was planning on getting married and thought this was best option for early family life.
She bounced my last semester of Junior year.

Got stuck with it.

>languge uses two forms of the based on gender and plural forms of the
>it also has "polite" or "impolite" versions of words because the king who shat this language out was too autistic to understand tonage

>Belgium language

wat

you use it when you talk with someone that deserves some kind of respect e.g. to adults if you're a kid, to the elders if you're young

excuse me for not knowing anything about your meme cunttree that is rightful french clay

>not using polite forms with an impolite tone

Nigga it's passive-aggressive speech 101

this entire post is retarded. Spanish spanish is only as different from latino Spanish as English is from American English. The few variations like "vos" are also known in Latin American, though not always used. I agree it's hard to learn but it's vastly superior in terms of expression. English is better in simplicity I guess, but with that "simplicity" comes a lot of special rules and ugly inconsistencies

>decide to learn english
>nah, lets play online
>learned it

>i need twenty different words to express i need to take a shit in my meme language
>i like things to be overly complicated because i have autism and really enjoy figuring out what proper the i should use and rather or not i can assign a gender to a nonliving object

>go on Sup Forums to improve English skills
>use words like "butthurt" for your English exams because you think they're legit

>decide to learn monkey
>nah fuck it no one important has ever spoken that
>go back to being awesome

it varies in different parts of LA. some use both tu and usted, some only use usted, or neither and only use vos etc. it is pretty fucked up to be honest. if i ever go there i will be horrified to even say you to anyone because it might sound too informal (rude) or too formal (weird and funny),

>he unironically thinks grammatical gender should be related to the fact something is alive and has sexual organs

'no'

Go back to the year 2003, Maddox

>Language has meme symbols like á in their alphabet

Druglords respect each other though.

As big of a piece of shit as they are, in the end they're still businessmen, just illegal ones.

in Colombia we call everyone usted, even a mother would call his little child usted, except for Antioquia that we use vos along with usted

>men and women forms

Jesus Christ, why don't you work on your English before you move onto another language.

> implying english doesnt have a polite and impolite forma

The fact that you thought Belgium was a language makes you a fucking moron. Don't try to save face, just close this thread.

did i hurt your feelings meme country

According to the flags we are actually from the same country.

>he thinks Spanish is a difficult language

Just wait until you get to tenses, it doesn't get better best advice is to set aside some time everyday to study grammar no matter how much you hate it, 10-20 minutes a day adds up to a hundred hours or so over a year. By then it will seem easy.

>>language is so fucked up the locals got so annoyed and just shorten everything and now spanish people cant understand mexicans who cant understand argentines because they have localized versions of spic
excuse me what?? the only unintelligible ''''''''''spanish'''''''''' speakers are chileans and some spaniards.

colombians use usted even to family members and friends often times. colombians tend to talk very clean and formally, and the contrast of drug dealers using the spanish equivalent of queen's english always tickles my funny bone.

>indicative
>subjuntive
>no imperative

literally missing a chunk more of conjugations

>Fuck this shit. I wish HRE invaded Spain so they could introduce german autism into your languge so stupid shit like this wouldnt happen.
uhm????? german has formal and informal as well (sie vs du), THREE genders, and four case conjugations (spanish and english only have one, i.e. no case system)

You should learn italian instead.

i already know debt acquisition and bankrupt laws

Why not study Hungarian or Finnish?

>no grammatical genders
>no gendered pronouns
>conjugation is orderly and logical
>makes you sound Asian so by default you get to impress others with your knowledge
>memes :DDD :DDDDD

What are you waiting for?

>Dude, European languages are so easy bro!! You just gotta conjugate this irregular verb to the second person polite feminine plural genitive case!
Fucking Japanese is easier than this shit

All non Indo-European languages are fucking trash.

> Norwegian
> not inarguably the best Nordic language

It's the strongest one, because it's easier for Norwegians to understand other Nordics than for any of the other languages.

It may also pass as a weird English dialect when speaking English, rather than total foreigner mode like Swedish.

>Fuck this shit. I wish HRE invaded Spain so they could introduce german autism into your languge so stupid shit like this wouldnt happen.

>American education

He even moved some germans to Andalucia to help repopulate it after the reconquista, thats why there are so many andalucians with light coloured eyes

>El AmErIcAnO

I really learnt english because of games and modding shit. Or in general internet forums

Since this seems to be a general language thread, can someone give me some pointers in Italian?

>When do you use the apocopic forms of verbs (i.e. andar)
>When do you use "da" outside of meaning "from"? Isn't it also used as a preposition to imply necessity?

You speak backwards, finns already speak english

People already think I'm finn; I dont want them to think I'm any less white then I currentlly am.

COUNTA WORDU NANINANINANI

seriously every single noun is a mass noun in nihongokillyourself and it can get real stupid. we use the same counter word for sticks of ink as we do for guns.

for those who don't know what a counter word or mass noun is think of a slice of bread vs a car. the first is a mass noun with 'slice' as counter word.

Because the spelling isnt latin and is not similar to english enough. Thats the beauty of spanish I can kinda guess what the words mean because they are just bastard forms of english.

Th-thanks..

Your mother is trash.

American "education" strikes again. Just because a letter has an accent over it -> é or an umlaut like -> ü, it does not make it a different alphabet.

>spelling isn't latin
nigga what

>learning spanish
>American flag
The fuck, shouldn't you have picked it up by being around your parents speaking it?

My parents are irish

Shouldnt you be speaking emu right now

*SPELLS LATINLY*

Literally every language does it, english included.
In proper(older) english you would say they about people you respected/didn't know well as well. Same goes for older Polish. It died out in many cuntries, and now everyone is sperging when it didn't in Spanish.

the words dipshit

agua is water like aqua is in english

hungary doesnt do shit like that; there word is viz for water. the spelling of spanish words is similar to words in english

> babby's first language lessons

From what I hear, many high school Spanish classes here in California require students to learn vosotros forms, even though the Spanish speakers they're likely to come in contact with don't use them at all.

English used to assign genders to inanimate objects, too.

You can't go wrong starting off calling everybody usted. If they call you tú, you can generally also call them tú. (The obvious exception I can think of is some older people, who may address you as tú while expecting you to address them as usted due to the age difference.)

You didn't say "they", you used the plural form of "you" (which is no longer distinct in modern English, hence "y'all" and "you guys").

"the spelling isnt latin" doesn't mean anything. Based on this post, you seem to have an issue not with "spelling" but with the number of cognates in these languages. Spanish, a language which developed from Latin, has many words that resemble Latin borrowings in English.

no one knows what the fuck cognates mean turbo autist

learn laymen speek

Juga Runescape?

You spoke imprecisely, using a word to mean something it does not mean. Perhaps you should learn the words for the things you want to talk about instead of trying to get by with a limited vocabulary.

> Is BTFO by someone more knowledgeable about the subject
>Proceeds to call him an autist

>Is literally the autist himself

>spelling isn't latin
>no one knows what the fuck cognates mean
you're really thick aren't you kek
what are you doing in the thread if you need help with English?

no nigger maybe you should stop being autistic all you do is confuse ppl by using big words trump doesnt do that and he is president be more like him

haha, how old are you?

Like 12?

bad bait m8

Oh right, my bad on the "they" thing.

i speak bttr english cause i speak how a american do speak your gay talk in my hood an you get shot gay nigga

Spanish spanish

>proceed to act retarded

nigga how dumb u r no one speaks like they hot a dict in they mouths aint noone in america gonna know half the shit in them books cause no body be using them

nigga you gay

Well, that escalated quickly.

Ooga boga nigga burger YOLo anally annihilated xdxdxdxddddddd1!!!11!

Are you going to keep taking the bait

>not learning spanish so you can get spaniard qt 3.14s
Get over here guys, I thought spics were gross but it was really just chicanos

look dis nigga mad af cause he be told

>using language properly on Sup Forums instead of having a negative impact on people who didn't grow up speaking it
shaking my head to be quite honest with you family

What're you talkin 'bout mate you're fucked in the head

Using poor speling on Sup Forums is the first step to higher ancendency

>his language doesn't differentiate ser and estar

its spelled langange not language spic words are not a gun

To be fair, not even all Romance languages have the distinction.

wait holy god they have past present future verb tenses too what the fuck spain

>the accent letters and capitals completly change the meaning of a word

They do in English, too: "polish" is something you do to nice shoes; "Polish" describes something or someone from Poland. "china" is fine porcelain for eating off of (or displaying in a cabinet); "China" is a country.

>Complaining about languages having genders.
Stupid primitive burger.

no one uses the words china or polish

americans will think you're talking about the countries

there their and they're are about the only ones i can think of

Can I learn spic and then transition to spanish later? I'm in it for the Spanish qt3.14s but starting with spic seems like the more pragmatic move, given I live in the US.