I’m humming, humming the theme to a show I watched often as a child—The Jetsons? The Banana Splits? Scooby Doo...

>I’m humming, humming the theme to a show I watched often as a child—The Jetsons? The Banana Splits? Scooby Doo? Sigmund and the Sea Monsters? I’m remembering the song, the melody, even the key it was sung in, but not the show. Was it Lidsville? Was it H. R. Pufnstuf? These questions are punctuated by other questions, as diverse as “Will I ever do time?” and “Did this girl have a trusting heart?” The smell of meat and blood clouds up the condo until I don’t notice it anymore.

What did he mean by this?

I don't remember this part

It's when he tried to cook and eat a girl

i like when you posted a bateman pic along with those repeating integers over there

In the book you nean?

Book > Movie
Yes or no?

Definitely book

It goes more into bateman's insanity than the movie

I thought so too. I also liked some of the bits that didn't make it into the movie, like when McDermott, Van Patten and Bateman spend hours debating over what restaurant they should go to for dinner, and Bateman accidentally sends Evelyn and that other girl he's seeing to the same place.

That was one of my favourite sequences in the book, genuinely funny, really wish it made it into the movie.

Is he our guy?

I also kind of wish they had included the part where Carruthers breaks down in Barney's when Bateman rejects him.

Book all the way, it's hilarious and passages like really make Bateman relatable

Like this one

>I’m feeling good. The gun in my locker is an Uzi which cost me seven hundred dollars and though I am also carrying a Ruger Mini ($469) in my Bottega Veneta briefcase and it’s favored by most hunters, I still don’t like the way it looks; there’s something more manly about an Uzi, something dramatic about it that gets me excited, and sitting here, Walkman on my head, in a pair of two-hundred-dollar black Lycra bicycle shorts, a Valium just beginning to take effect, I stare into the darkness of the locker, tempted.

Amazing stuff, Ellis' best

>The office Halloween party was at the Royalton last week and I went as a mass murderer, complete with a sign painted on my back that read MASS MURDERER (which was decidedly lighter than the sandwich board I had constructed earlier that day that read DRILLER KILLER), and beneath those two words I had written in blood Yep, that’s me and the suit was also covered with blood, some of it fake, most of it real. In one fist I clenched a hank of Victoria Bell’s hair, and pinned next to my boutonniere (a small white rose) was a finger bone I’d boiled the flesh off of. As elaborate as my costume was, Craig McDermott still managed to win first place in the competition. He came as Ivan Boesky, which I thought was unfair since a lot of people thought I’d gone as Michael Milken last year.

>some of it fake, most of it real

Movie

Book is mediocre. Just get it done with in 90 minutes with the movie.

The only thing that isn't in the movie is killing a kid at a zoo and microwaving a jellyfish

>microwaving a jellyfish
What?

>events are the only difference between two mediums

Kids brought up on a health diet of capeshit, everyone

there is no microwaved jellyfish.

But there was Red Snapper Pizza

>a guy bragging about reading lame ass American Psycho telling me about taste

checlem