Suicide Squad Tracking For $140 Million Opening Weekend Box Office

>Just last month, analysts had Suicide Squad on track to open at the North American box office somewhere in the $115-$125 million range. Even if it were to come in at the low-end of that range, Suicide Squad would easily surpass the current August opening weekend record of $94.3 million which was set by Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014.

>The Wrap is now reporting that tracking figures have been climbing with the nationwide release only days away. Suicide Squad is now expected to open in the $130-$140 million range; however, Warner Bros. is keeping their expectations a bit more conservative, predicting an opening closer to $125 million.

>Based on the numbers, Suicide Squad will at least have the fifth-best opening weekend, passing The Secret Life of Pets which took in $104.3 million. If Suicide Squad comes in at the high-end of its range, it could have the third-best opening of the year. Currently, Finding Dory is third-best with $135 million and Deadpool is fourth-best with $132.4 million.

comicbook.com/dc/amp/2016/08/01/suicide-squad-tracking-for-140-million-opening-weekend-box-offic/

DC BRINGING MORE CAPEKINO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15467013/Suicide_Squad_2016_720p_BrRip_x264_-_AN0NYM0US
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DC BRINGING MORE QUIPKINO
ftfy
Nice to see that all that extra $$ spent on reshoots worked out.

too bad its going to follow the same trend as BvS when everyone realizes its shit

>Capekino

Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Flash)
youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

Sup Forums humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME

Imagine being a Marvel fanboy that has to sit and watch Guardians of the Galaxy after seeing Suicide Squad and having to be all like "damn, Guardians, you fuckin' great, all awesome with your terrible dialogue and nonstop inappropriate quips. I’m totally enjoying watching you, both my pretend Sup Forums self and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch Suicide Squad again. Like seriously imagine having to be a Marvel man-child and not only sit in that fart-filled chair while Chris Pratt decides to end the movie with a nonsensical meme-off like some absurd Sup Forums reject, the television tier lighting and set design making no effort to disguise the flick as an actual cinematic work, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, checking your phone and hoping it’s almost over. Not only having to tolerate the lazy plot, but the laughable CGI as you sit there and say DC BTFO and DAMN, HOWARD THE DUCK LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because DC fans aren’t the ones who have to sit there and pretend to be invested in nonsensical fights between people that have no intention of hurting one another, where there are no stakes and no one to root for. You've been watching movies with half this budget that have infinitely more impressive visual effects and none of the hacky writing for your ENTIRE LIFE. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the faecal matter that’s been spoon fed to you as Marvel executives sit there, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to watch the most moronic, lazy, half-assed attempt at a superhero movie since Blankman. And then you check your phone again, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the movie ends and you’re forced to sit through the after credits scene, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking dug in and stubborn and embarrassed as fuck. You're not going to lose to DC fans. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

CAPE
KINO

It's opening to 170 million. Trust me on this.

I know.

Why does Sup Forums favor DC over Marvel so much despite WB retarded decisions?

top kek

Marvel is for faggotty sjws.

DC has the monopoly on memes desu. All the way back to bankposting.

yeee...
howww?

DC films at least try to be creative and different

Sup Forums doesn't prefer either

What you're seeing is Sup Forumseddit capeshit drones from twitter and Sup Forums, but can't post on Sup Forums because they are too casual

>Not only having to tolerate the lazy plot, but the laughable CGI as you sit there and say DC BTFO and DAMN, HOWARD THE DUCK LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??

Take Deadpool opening. Add a bump for PG-13.

I would have said 160, but I think that's too low because Batman Vs. Superman did 166.

But Sup Forums is fucking reddit tier casual

>creative and different
This thread is about a GotG clone

DC had one of the first marketing campaigns centered around a meme.

I can't wait for the 29% on RT tomorrow.

Yeah and thats what you plebeian 2013+ posters turned Sup Forums into with you lack of cinematic skill set

But I was here before 2013

29% and it'll still be better than Age of Ultron

then what the fuck happened to your taste in film

Of course it is.

The critics are very mixed until now. Remembers me the BvS situation

I never had, only got there thanks to Sup Forums.

It's still okay i think

>and DAMN, HOWARD THE DUCK LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??

"Hot Topic: The Movie"

ITS OUT AND LEGIT

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15467013/Suicide_Squad_2016_720p_BrRip_x264_-_AN0NYM0US

Stop spamming this shit, why the fuck there was a Civil War camrip instead of SS?

I don't believe you

you don't have to believe me, but you have to believe 14000 seeders

This. The deadpool audience will eat it up plus more kids and preteens will be able to see it

Whoever picked when to release this movie did a good job. There is literally nothing else to see that can compete with it.

The ONLY legit retarded decision WB has made is not releasing the Ultimate Cut on theaters.

I'm still hyped as fuck but I want to see the original cut. Kinda mad that they went to the "appease the landwhales" route, I'm already seeing them screeching on tumblr.

So you manbabies will go see comic book movie #459 but you won't see Ghostbusters?

2deep4u BS and trolling MCU fans

2 for one special

They cut the movie?

They will probably release the original version on blu-ray like BvS Ultimate cut

Yeah but for different reasons. People will realize that BvS actually is much better without constant quips and jokes which this movie will go completely overboard with.

>creative and different

how so? because they're not quippy? they crossed that line already but I'll humor you.

by being not quippy, you call that trying something different? BvS is a combination of the same shit from MoS and fucking TDK. Batman is edgy and depressed and kids piss their pants by how epic he is.

tell me, how are they trying to be different? the formula is the same for ALL capeshit.

I fucking hope every single DCuck and Marvelshit dies.

Most people in here think dc is creative because bible shit or they just invent shit like is 2deep4u

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

>closed captions

sauce? I like subtitles

>HOWARD THE DUCK LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??
kekkee

>unironically using words like "quippy" and "edgy" and "epic" to critique a film
Holy fucking shit, dude.

"Creative and different" actually refers to the artistry and craft of the filmmaking - from pre to post production. Anyone with a modicum of taste can see far more craft applied in MoS and BvS, from the set design to the cinematography, from the costuming to the choreography, and most of all from the physiology and sociology of its characters and their struggle within the contemporary world.

Next time you watch a film, actually watch the film. Don't sit there and wonder whether you're going to call it "quippy" or "grimdark" later.

MoS and BvS are works that seek to re-contextualize the existence of these heroes in our world, and through that examine them at different points in their lives and see how they would be looked upon or act according to our own society.

They are works that have a core philosophy and thematic groundwork that hold them up. They are not only action movies, but have a legitimate voice.

MCU has no such underlying groundwork. It's all cookie cutter, safe and designed by comittee, with a literal producer overseeing the directors work and telling them what will be doing.

The only thing they 'try' to do is perpetuate this ridiculous idea with literally no clue of how to achieve it, you're a moron

The delusion is real.

>that second trailer
w-what?