When did you grow up and realize you're not too good for pop music, Sup Forums?

When did you grow up and realize you're not too good for pop music, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A few years ago, but I'm still too good for her

i am too good for pop music and always will be
it's approved music made only to bring in money from the stupid plebeians who listen to it. It has no emotion, it's stone cold and just plain shitty.
fuck off

This but without the irony.

It took me until I was about 19 and I lost my virginity. That was already 8 years ago, jesus fuck...

Grimes isn't pop music.

She is experimental electronic/avant-garde.

That's why her music doesn't play on the radio. Plebs wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of her melodies and the sheer strangeness of her vocals and instrumentals. It's~all too complicated for their normal brains.

She doesn't appeal to unsophisticated masses unlike Katy Perry and Rihanna. Grimes is a genius and will be acknowledged as such very soon. Her first couple of albums are true progressive electronic masterpieces. I cry so hard listening to Geidi Primes. It's the least pop thing I've ever heard.

Stop trying to insult her by calling her pop.

(You)

When I discovered Grimes

>grimes' fans
>stupid
pick 2

(You)

People are calling her pop because her music is so fucking catchy. It's like a virus.

this

pop lel

>

_

>pick 2
(You)
(You)

When I realized that not all, just most pop music is trash. Including Grimes.

>Visions
>trash
look at this pleb

>Visions
>good
still in denial, I see

Fuck off grimescuck

>Including Grimes.
Wow, careful with that edge, plebster.

when i discovered the failure of my ancestors that was myself

>le contrarian meemay
ex dee

Not that user, but Visions is a masterpiece. You're a true simpleton if you don't get this outstanding work.

t. turboplebs

but then... i embraced it.

This but unironically

for there were no true heroes, the games are made up and the points don't matter.

>not that user
I have a hard time believing that. Shit album still

I wasn't that user, believe it or not. Your opinion still sucks and it's truly contrarian.

Look at the user score (leaving aside the critical acclaim): metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes

does anyone her "like" like grimes? you know what im saying, i know you do

>3.40 on rym

>mfw
Destroyed.

>>>rym

>>>>>>>>>>>metacritic

off-by-one kenobi

I grew up listening to R.E.M. so, never?

People only like Grimes because they want her to suck their dick or eat their pussy out

do you think that umm...

proofs?

i can love her music too, and i do very much.

>if you dislike a critically acclaimed album then you're automatically a contrarian
lad, you're a contrarian if you dislike an artist because they're popular/critically acclaimed, not if you dislike them without taking their popularity into factor. Someone recommended Grimes to me prior to me ever hearing of her, I gave it a good try, and it's total shit. Kill yourself.

stop telling people to kill themselves user

>implying rym isn't like Sup Forums, full of ignorant elitists

REM are pop too. Shiny Happy People, anyone?

>if you dislike a critically acclaimed album then you're automatically a contrarian
Yes, you are. Stop being a triggered idiot and accept the realiti: your opinion is against the grain. Your opinion sucks and it's unpopular. Deal with it.

>Kill yourself.
Way to piss on your own argument, moron.

I started listening to Marina & The Diamonds when I was 11.

Why does my opinion suck because it's against the grain? I don't enjoy the album, a lot of other people do, however. Just because I dislike an album that you like does not make me a "triggered idiot" and a "moron". Although I agree that I misspoke when I said that contrarians aren't just people who go against the grain, there's nothing inherently wrong with going against the grain in the first place.