my.mixtape.moe/ydsdst.mp4
twitter.com/_okome/status/844420350180032512
my.mixtape.moe/nscofe.webm
djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦ので
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

サンキュー

>bycycle
bicycle*

bi~ is a prefix from latin, where "y" didn't exist. "y" is a better letter for the vowel in bi~ in english, but it's very common, so the spelling doesn't want to change. Please remember it!

手うが

だが、願わくばそこで、かつて一命に懸けて憎悪せし、決して超克すべき、唯一人の
敵と見(まみ)えん事を。
Did i get this right, /djt/?
"But I wish that there I don't have to face my only enemy, whom I once hated with all fibres of my soul and had to overcome."

大切どよね

>自分を信じろ
お前の正義
貫いてみせろ!

引いちゃったかも
my.mixtape.moe/ydsdst.mp4

can i order sushi here?

You are close. 見えんことを is short for 見えむことを, which is a volitional form, not a negative. So he is wishing that he can meet his enemy.

looks almost perfect to me. but, does it make sense thinking of the context?

まみえん is originally まみえむ, in other words, it's まみえるだろう. what I want to say is, the part won't be negative. 決して usually brings negative form. but in this case, I think it would be regarded as 必ず and it connects to 超克すべき coming right after it.

that being said, I smell like your translation is quite natural since it does make sense either way as long as I have no clue of the context.

>get to the verb grammar
>start doing negative verbs exercises
>struggle to understand how would you make a negative form of an iru/eru u-verbs like 売る or 入る because they don't end with う and I can't make an a-vowel equivalent of an another short vowel
>he forgot to mention that apparently you need to add ら before ない

If you know that they're u-verbs then it should make sense that the る becomes ら to make the a-vowel form. 売る doesn't even have -iru or -eru in it, it's うる. You treat the る just like any other -う consonant: 売らない、売ります、売る、売れば、売ろう.

It's only in ru-verbs that the entire る is dropped, as in いる いない or 調べる 調べない.

Exercises

本屋の開いてる時間が23時までで、
今20:30なので、一時間くらいたったら出かけよう。

Fuck, you're right, I guess I rushed too fast to notice that.

Yeah, you guys are right. I was actually confused at the 見えん part because they(he and his enemy) actually were looking forward to battling another time(before the other guy left) and I was like why is there a "見えない"?
Well. it's cool learning something new every day.
Btw. how do I differentiate with ん=ない?
Is it an exception or just archais speak?

It's just "archaic speak" as you say (文語). せし、すべき、見えん are all 文語. I think in modern language ん volitional would only be used in old-fashioned expressions.

you're right
actually most japanese can not read 見えん as まみえん usually.

Wew. I thought for a second that it was ばればれ that I am できない.

most of the Japanese people are not aware of the differences and they don't care them so much although they learn old words in school since without knowing knowledge of old Japanese, they learn what the meaning is supposed to be in their own way according to the context. for example, "あなたに神のご加護があらんことを" very often appears in vidya games or Anime where high priest (it's very common in JRPG inspired by Classic western game like Wizardry) or something like comes as of

フォースと共にあらんことを

yeah, that's the very one. but there has been sure a few kids who couldn't stop thinking about the question.

Who's dekinai-chan? Is it that little voice in your head teeling you to give up and kys? Or an actual character

Thanks, that was very informative

やらないか

I find those transformations easy, what always fucks me up is knowing here to put the ってs and where to go with a simple -anai substitution.

I can't way to finish Anki and start re-reading Tae Kim.

>where
>wait
Holy shit, I'm dyslexic today.

If you didn't point those typos out I wouldn't have noticed them. Brain fills little things like that while scanning.

やれない。

>サークル参加したことのない方とかだと「売り子ってそんなに手配難しいものなの?気軽に頼んだらいいじゃない?」って思うかもしれないけど、お金を預けることなので(基準には個人差があるけど)「この人にならお財布預かって貰っても大丈夫」くらいの信頼がないと頼めないよ……
>twitter.com/_okome/status/844420350180032512 (for context)

So if I get this right:
>If you haven't been in a circle before
>you might think
>How hard is it to hire (?) a salesperson?
>Can't you just ask anyone?
>Since this is about handling money
>(the standards differ from person to person)
>If I didn't at least trust in the fact that we can let this person handle our money/earnings
>I wouldn't be able to hire that person
>***だから、この人、実は売り子を探すことが難しいと思っているね

Do you ever get that feeling when you look at a kanji that you've seen tens of thousands of times and it just looks wrong

I'm having that pretty bad with 負 right now

What do you mean by looks wrong?

Happens all the time.

Even worse is when you look at a kanji, think it looks wrong but assume it's just your brain fucking with you so read it like you normally do only to realize that NOPE, it was actually a kanji ranked four thousand and something in terms of usage and it just looked similar to that really common kanji you know.

Feels like I'm getting an aneurysm.

I don't know, I was just looking at it and it looked like some weird shit I've never seen before

Happens to me with english words too sometimes, I guess I just have brain cancer

Sometimes I will learn what a kanji of a radical means, and because of that I will mess up kanji I already used to know because they contain a radical that I used to just brush off.

>Let's go!
>Not right now...

Did I get it right? Am I beginning to understand?

Nope, sorry.

ゲシュタルト崩壊かな
my.mixtape.moe/nscofe.webm

Is this a meme?

is it just me or does the audiofunction of rikai sama suddenly give much more "no audio" than usual? even simple words "no audio"

私は男です、だから、私文末に”よ”をいれる。そうですか?

Is this sentence correct? I read a bit of Tae-Kim's guide and wanted to make a sentence that kinda put all the lessons together.

男だから、文末に「よ」を使う。

well then.

alright, thanks.

Why do you think that?

also, what exactly is wrong with my sentence?

Jaga (Jakarta) + Imo (芋)

The Imo from Jakarta.
Imo is a group of vegetables that are tuberculous, like Yams, Sweet-Potatoes and Potatos.

動き止まる
Is this a correct way of saying "to stop moving"? I recall hearing something similar once.

>ポテト
>ジャガイモ
Why would you use two different words for potato in the same sentence?
But like () said there seems so be a difference between ポテト and ジャガイモ.

>私は男です、だから、私文末に”よ”をいれる。そうですか?

mainly grammar.. you can either break it into two sentences like
私は男です。だから、。。。

but if you want to make it into one single sentence, you can't use です but needs to connect it properly like.. 私は男ので、〜 or 私は男だから〜。

There's no need to use 私 for the second part. it's implied. and for me, i would use 使う rather than いれる、sounds better to me

and just cause your a guy you dont really use よ all the time. よ is used a different way to convey something that whoever you are talking to dont really know. like without realizing i'm american, i can go like アメリカ人ですよ

Most likely they use different words because "potato salad", the dish, was introduced later in time than just a potato.

>and just cause your a guy you dont really use よ all the time

yeah, I know. It's just something I wanted to add because of that one lesson.

Thanks for all the info though.

Ah, now I understand your doubt.

But it's not different than saying "I will make some onigiris, bring on the rice" or "I will make some feijoada, bring me the bean".

"Potato Salad" is a fixed expression, whereas jagaimo is the name of the vegetable.

イモ is still used for potato, it's just that ポテトサラダ is just the name of a specific dish.

no worries, happy studying :)

私は男なので or 私は男ので, or does it not really matter?

>カップとコップの違いがある
>グラスとガラスのも

No な would be bad grammar, but for all I know it still might have very informal use.

ポテト

djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#㊦ので

Ok, thanks.
Still a bit perplexed, that they bothered to adopt ポテト for ポテトサラダ, when they already had a word for potato.

The nominalizer/explanatory の particle attaches to the 連体形, so nouns and な-adjectives always need な.

Hey guys, I wanna start learning japanese, are Genki books good choice for the beginning?

Outclassed by the resources mentioned on the guide

Checked

DJT, ladies and gentlemen. The place where half the people are idiots who talk about stuff they don't know but love to make it seem like they do.

DELET THIS

What I said wasn't wrong. If you want to argue, say something substantial or go away.

Actually the expertise wars are on the lesser DJT. Here we have some beginners trying to help each other with what they've got, and that's fine.

If you think that's not a good approach to learning, you have other options. Use them.

Or help everyone out by correcting things you think are wrong. Enjoy the journey.

But what you said is wrong. 男なので is the only correct answer. How about you go away and learn the basics before coming back if you can't help yourself from misleading newbies.

>男なので is the only correct answer.

.. Right, that's what I said. Then I expressed some reservation by admitting that very informal Japanase slang may omit the な, and I didn't want to express too much confidence in Japanese slang.

I didn't say "no, な would be bad grammar". I assume that's how you read it.

Apologies. I did indeed read it that way assuming was you. Redirect instead my post to that guy.

(´艸`)フッ

>言う
>買う

>飲む
>読む

>週
>道

I wish I had better visual memory. Today was not a fun anki day.

I want to say, "A friend bought me lunch." Which of these is better?

友達から昼食買ってくれた。
友達が私に昼食買ってあげた。

I'm having difficulty with knowing whether to use が or not here.

If you knew radicals those kanji would not look even a bit alike

Guess I can't delay it any longer.

You're good mate; a lot people will drop commas online, so I can see how that comment could be ambiguous.

魑魅魍魎
齷齪
慇懃
鸚鵡
膃肭臍
邂逅
傀儡
矍鑠
珊瑚
逍遥
鶺鴒
齟齬
躊躇
蟷螂
髑髏
篳篥
葡萄
鳳凰
彷彿
髣髴

(゜-゜)

>魑魅魍魎
Is there a bigger meme in the entire language?

train stations are lewd.

That's a mnemonic.

Telling the difference is far easier in anki since the kanji are much bigger, most of those are probably not hard to tell appart in anki.

One pair that gives me some trouble is 拐(kidnap) and 招(beckon) (Since they use the same radicals, although one uses the kanji 召)
And also 忙 and 忘.

Can someone explain to me what this fucking word is? I've seen it referenced so often on DJT.

Why 忙 and 忘? They're not similar looking at all and busy and forget aren't similar meanings.

Rikai: Evil spirits of mountains and rivers
Google Translate: Fascination

whats going on here lol... there should be a な in 男なので.. when i wrote up that post i kinda just typed how i said it in my head, which is what you should use in informal speech rather than in writing, so oops shouldve been more careful

and mr france no need to be such an ass to the other guy 2bh

But, like
what makes it a meme?

They're both 亡+心, it's just one uses the bottom heart radical and the other the left heart radical.

So if my mnemonic is "My heart is dying inside cuz i can't go BOUling with my compadres since im busy"(BOU is the onyomi for 忙 ), when i have a writing card half the time I'll write it with the correct radical and the other half the bottom heart radical(And the same thing for the other one).

It doesn't happen to me so much now that I've made a point out of knowing which radical goes with which, but with just their mnemonics i had a lot of trouble telling them apart.

I don't know, I'm going over results for the google search "魑魅魍魎 djt Sup Forums"

Oh, I see the confusion now. I honestly forgot that left part was the heart radical.

I mean just look at the word, that's why it's a meme.

When I first encountered it I was told that it's a 四字熟語 that's known for being unknown, like it's one of the most commonly talked about "rare" 四字熟語 or something like that. That coupled with the kanji it uses makes it pretty much a "meme" I guess

>Is there a bigger meme in the entire language?

Why are you learning Japanese?