post your favourite album, others try to find the flaws

hardmode: no positive/neutral replies, keep your fanboy shit out of here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azGKRF5r-EM
youtube.com/watch?v=WoXKcYs2ei0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Visions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Art Angels

It is awfully produced & mixed.

The mixing is just piss-poor. I don't know what Ride is saying half the time. The loop for I've Seen Footage is uninteresting, the vocals on Get Got sound constipated. Hacker is fucking dumb and the repeated laughing vocal samples are grating, Punk Weight's opening sample is so lazy it pisses me off, System Blower is just bass, as is Double Helix, Blackjack and Lost Boys. The Fever sounds like it was made on GarageBand and overall the lyrics are so goddamn cryptic that RapGenius is a fucking necessity. (I love Death Grips so Jesus Christ it took a lot out of me to say this)

every other song pales in comparison to Butterfly
the way Belly of the Beat begins is just ugly and i want to skip it every time even though most of the rest of the song is fine
now this is awfully produced & mixed.
Ride's delivery is kind of forced and his flow is kind of wack, he keeps me from fully embracing DG

hardcore hustle is fuking garbage desu

bump

Inconsistent. Also her trying to be a weaboo in scream lol.

The guy needs to lay off Anne Frank, yeah?

it's a guest rapper who just sounds a lot like her
it's mandarin, not japanese

Has some really corny songs and stupid lyrics. That was difficult for me to say

I don't have any favorite album. I always dislike a few songs in every album. Unless you count symphony records as albums, but I don't think music back then was made with the LP/album format in mind.

Maybe Velvet Underground and Nico, but I dunno. Despite not liking Some Kinda Love I prefer the 1969 self-titled one to it.

>Inconsistent
I strongly disagree. Every song is a winner. And you're a pleb for disliking Scream.

Vietnamese

Those fuzz parts sound like distorted fart noises. The folk parts are the most generic folk ever.

you can't

Its boring after the first two songs. When you sleep is also good, thats it though.

It's boring and generic.
D. Boon's singing leaves a lot to be desired (granted I fucking love this album to death)

not my favorite album but this is my answer. Good luck

Garbage irredeemable singing voice

The mix sounds shit on every set of speakers except for the set it was mixed with

Try not listening to it on YouTube.

80% of the samples she uses are DEFAULT ABLETON BEATS
Literally no singing voice
godawful cover
clearly the product of an artist who tries too hard to create an aesthetic but can't create the music to live up to it
edgy nonsense
would be great if you could hear it live by the actual musician, but he usually just sends a double :)
Funeral > ITAOTS
(you)
dissonant garbage, mixed by a deaf woman

244p music

>hardest mode

youtube.com/watch?v=azGKRF5r-EM

The cover's kinda shit. Album as a whole is a bit repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere.

Jeff Buckley was a much better singer and Nick Drake was a much better guitar player

lyrics structured as generic poetry from early 20th century. Music is too monotonic and it doesn't work without context.

like 30 minutes total in length, still screwed up with weaker songs.

OMFG HOW DARE U BET UR GLAD GENEVIEVE DIED YOU FUCKING MONSTER

hardmode: no "the songs are too long"

youtube.com/watch?v=WoXKcYs2ei0&feature=youtu.be

I like areason548

>DEFAULT ABLETON BEATS
Um, user, Ableton doesn't come with default beat patterns. This isn't Garage Band were talking about.

Comparing Elliott to Jim Buckley is just wrong. Elliot was pure hearted, honest guy from a raw punkscene not some faggy narcistic emo kid (that actually may have been a better singer). Totally different worlds. And btw.
Music is about emotions not technique. And also if you listen to Angeles or Southern Belle by Elliott Smith and you still dont think that he surpassed his master than you ve probably never held a guitar in your hand.

And also if youd strip down Nick Drakes songs to just vocal and guitar (no orchestr or flute etc.)they wouldnt carry as much feels as even the most straight forward Elliotts song.

>80% of the samples she uses are DEFAULT ABLETON BEATS
Bullshit. You didn't use Ableton if you say such crap. Even assuming she used presets wtf is wrong with that? It's like saying a musicina is bad because he used the standard tuning of a piano, ffs.

This. That user should post PROOF: samples from Ableton and her music side by side.

That's it? I try my hardest to rip out The Money Store's rectum and feed it to my gerbil and that's all you can say to me?
You've got me there.

if unenthusiastic handjob started a rap career, it'd be MF DOOM.
actually, unenthusiastic handjob would probably be better as an artist. they wouldn't send proxies to their live shows for them.
the instrumentals are just short jazz loops that sound like they were recorded from a beginner's saxophone course. listening to the instrumentals makes me feel sad for Madlibs, kinda like watching a disabled person try to function an iPad.

>tfw favorite rap album of all time though

One of my faves

I don't like Grimes that much, but the song writing in this album is extremely uninspired and trying too hard to be radio-friendly. Visions is vastly superior

Found the flaws on your own

>the song writing in this album is extremely uninspired
WTF? These songs are very well done. They're catchy as fuck and very interesting. Are you sure you listened to Art Angels?

>Elliott Smith
my man

my fave but its a hard thing to say.. too many classics out there

Yea, I found them quite bland and like I mentionned, very obviously trying to sound poppy. Visions had a nice edge to its songwriting that is totally absent in Art Angels imo. granted, again, i dont like grimes much in the first place.