Strat, Tele or Les Paul for my first electric?

Strat, Tele or Les Paul for my first electric?

LP for sure, best sound and best looking imo.

test

test

Les Paul's all I ever needed

Always been a big fan of teles. The unique shape just sets it off.

Strat, easily.
I agree with
That LP's have a better look, but Strats have a better sound to them.

Depends what sound you want.

Strat for a brighter tone and played for mainly blues, rock and punk.

LP for a more warm tone and more sustain. Played for metal, hard rock and jazz.

Jazzmaster

Les Paul's all I ever needed.

>more wholesome sound
>prettier
>slightly more direct controls
>superior tone

Depends on what genre you play. If you play country, blues or rockabilly I'd say Tele then Strat. Rock any of them. Punk Tele or Strat

what sort of music do you wanna play on it?

I honestly think teles are so fucking ugly

Always LP

Les Paul because even if you're starting out youll prolly keep it forever I started on an ibanez mikro and still go back and play it for practice but it's not as nice as a Les Paul I was thinking of getting this blueberry burst Les Paul but it was sold before I could buy it plus it was a little too pricy I got an rg350exz instead

lp

Nobody in their right mind wants that ear pearcing twing twant and jingle gang bullshit in their ears.

The warm hum of a les paul is the way to go. Les paul is the most versatile, as well.

Get a shitty cheap guitar as your first and learn to play it well. Once you can play well, that's when you invest in a good guitar

Also I agree with this plus it depends in what music you wanna play

If you're an old hippie who plays hippie music - Les Paul is your axe.

I'm thinking about more of a rock/punk style but I love the warmer sound of the LP so much that I feel guilty going with a strat

test both before you buy ( just have them in hands and look what kind of handling and sound is more appealing to you )

mine was a gibson sg. never looked back

I'd go with the LP, for sound thats more rock/punk friendly. Strat is cool too and I'd go for that if you think the LP is too heavy for you, they could weigh a lot man.
Les Paul are also a bit awkward to get used to playing while sitting down because of the shape so in that case a safer option would be a strat but if you want a cool looking, heavy sounding guitar then go for LP

If you want a rock/punk sound then go with the strat, cant beat the nice bright sound they have.

Should also think about which one you prefer comfort wise. Some people with larger hands prefer LPs.

Rickenbacker...

I'm saving for a Gibson firebird. The are nice and fairly cheap

I can already tell why people don't like you

first electric? strat... not even a debate.

hehehe rightfully btfo

strat is the easiest to play and most versatile.
my suggestion would be to go to a store and try all three... see what feels best.

Tele is the easiest to play

That really depends on the music you like. Generally a les paul will be best for rock, metal, blues, etc. And a strat will be more suited for jazz, country, etc. Whereas a tele is perfect for looking like an indie douchebag with altoid mints tins on your pedalboard.

I prefer the telecaster but you can't go wrong with a Les Paul too, I would avoid the strat. Something to consider is that the Les Paul is equipped with a tune-o-matic bridge which makes getting it intonated a shit load easier than the other options, Strats tend to need a lot of work done on them after purchase to get them in good condition and that can be a turn off to newer guitarists.

faggot detected. only shitheads don't like the tele, are you a shithead user?

Here's altoid guy, OP.

.>strat is the easiest to play
.>Tele is the easiest to play
lol

strat if you are a beginner, if you are looking into something more versatile get LP, but be prepared to pay a lot more

if you plan on playing generic hard rock, get a Les Paul. If you want to do anything remotely interesting get a Tele or a Strat

it is really down to what you like the look/sound/feel of. personally, out of the three, i like the strat

Really depends on what type of music you're into and what your style is. For a good all-rounder, I'd say go for the LP though.

HSS Strat would be the most versatile and most ergonomic. Try to get one without the trem. A beginner doesn't do anything with it and it can cause you problems. Don't underestimate the importance of ergonomics.

You're a fucking idiot OP

>first electric
you're better off getting a $50 First Act from toys r us

Strat is easy to learn on and will serve you well later compared to tele which you can go off easily.

That's what makes them look so good.

You're a retard

Teles are funny, find a good one and it's magic. Most American LPs are great, esp burst bucker pickups. Starts are all over the map, I've played Mexis that are great but lots are crap, US ones are generally good, but some 70-80 ones suck.

les paul..please choose it.. ive goten a tele for a couple of years but ive always wanted a les just sounds beautiful.

>Most American LPs are great
Yeah no. Their QA is horrible.

>The warm hum of a les paul is the way to go. Les paul is the most versatile, as well.

Proof Gibson users are too dumb to understand the tone controls.

Anyone want to say that the Woman tone isn't warm enough? Exactly. Get a fucking strat. Unless you're trying to suggest that Hendrix, SRV etc didn't rock fucking balls.

Stupid people...any of those three will play any kind of music you want its more a matter of what effects you add. Stupid people...

P.S. Get a national resolectric you'll thank me when daisy dukes is sucking you off.

One more advantage of Strats:
>If you want a different pickup configuration, just change the pickguard

I'd personally go with a Telecaster because even though they're ugly they sound decent and have the least possibility of you fucking it up because there's not much on the guitar. It's stupidly simple and it's really hard to get a bad sound out of one.

Les Paul for sure, then get the rest.

Play them and see which feels and sounds the best to you. You shouldn't ever purchase an instrument just because of it's brand name and model.

and to not argue with anyone, I own two Strats and a Les Paul. There's really not a bad choice out of the three, they're all really really good instruments, even if you go Epiphone or MIM/Squier.

Dean Zero/VMNT

get an SG

perhaps, but you know OP is going to give up after a week and it will sit in a closet for the next 5 years until his mom has a yard sale

I'm a tele guy, but they're unforgiving instruments. Strat is the most versatile, especially if you get rwrp middle pickup. Les pauls are great guitars, but they tend to be heavy as fuck.

To a degree I agree. Some cheap ones are utter crap though. I mean you can upgrade any instrument and make it sound amazing, and if you're just starting out you aren't really going to notice just how different a cheap one and a high end one sound, the same way an experienced musician would. But cheap ones are more likely to come with shit quality components, and feel uncomfortable to hold and play for long periods, because the goal was to mass produce an instrument as cheaply as possible. Comfort, reliable electronics that won't just randomly die in a few months, and being able to stay in tune are afterthoughts if they are considered at all. If you are just starting out shit like that can slow you down, and discourage you.

Pawn Shops are full of this. I laugh at newbies who buy new guitars without even playing them then pawn them off for real players such as myself to get on the cheap.

imo yamaha pacifica (strat) is the best guitar for starter
value 5/5

I've got an LP and Strat. For a bluesy sound I go with the strat (a reel would be better tho), and for heavier stuff I go with the LP

Les Paul. No competition.

Ibanez RG421.