Why should i hate him?

Why should i hate him?
I don't want to listen to hours of his music. So can /my/ breakdown this man for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fCSsGogJSb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*Sup Forums

You don't need hours of music, just start listening to Fear Fun, preferably from start to finish.

If you're titillated then move on to ILYHB, and if not then just move on.

>Why should i hate him?
nobody hates him. they just dislike how his attitude is holier than thou. hes pretty much like anybody on this site but with talent

I think his music sucks

he's like morrissey but boring and a million times gayer

He lacks self-awareness and is hypocritical and self congratulatory over nothing in a J. Cole kinda way

He isn't even remotely like Morrissey in any way shape or form aside from them both being singers. You're most likely a goofy dumbass who fundamentally misunderstands most things.

>He lacks self-awareness and is hypocritical and self congratulatory over nothing
i disagree hes full aware of what he is and does. but instead of letting that get in the way. he goes for it anyway. he knows certain ppl want that type of guy

Listen to Fear Fun and ILYHB in that order. Skip pure comedy imo. FF>ILYHB>pure shit

fjm fans aren't allowed to criticize anybody else for being stupid because they are inherently retarded

>le most recent album is shit meme

yawn

dumb phoneposter

Phoneposting is my thing.

The lyrics are not nearly as interesting as the ones on his past records. I like catchy music, and PC had nothing that really appealed to me.

>Le different opinions meme

Watch his pretentious rant at the festival in Philly

youtube.com/watch?v=fCSsGogJSb0

"Our brains are way too big for our mothers' hips..."

He makes really boring music.
Apparently people also don't like his personality but who gives a crap.

Tbf his personality is pretty insufferable. Before I knew who he was years ago I watched a video of him being interviewed on some park bench and I could not fucking stand hearing him speak. I went to the comments and fucking everyone was all over his dick, I really didn't understand why. I figured it must be his music, and given his "edgy" personality I figured his music must be different in some way. I put it on and heard the most boring, uninspired, milquetoast soft rock/folk music.

I don't hate the guy but holy fuck do I not understand his appeal.

He's such a blatant phony industry plant

I'm convinced the only people who like him are "indie" teens who haven't gone through their DFW phase yet

Because he's so basic. He's like everyone. He has the same thoughts as 90% of people, and decides to sing about it. And the worst part is he's repetitive about it. Always about how religion is dumb, girls are dumb, incest dreams.

>maybe love is based on resource scarcity
>and now insufferable convo features her patiently explaining the cosmos of which she's in the middle
>just wait until the part where they start to believe they're at the center of everything and some all powerful being can endow this horror show with meaning

But you don't hate his thoughts, just that he gets to be a rock star and gets to shout out all these thoughts and get bitches and money for it.

You do know he's been working at this for years right? He was even the drummer for Saxon Shore once.

Does that change any of what I just said? God you are so insufferable and naive, like all his fans. He's a fucking living corporate indie ad campaign and you fell for it. All he does it repeat quotes from infinite jest that are dumbed down even further for your consumption.

I'd think a plant would be a talentless hack who hasn't put in their time, plucked from nothing and shoved in front of our faces.

This guy has been releasing music in one form or another for about 15 years. Even when he dropped Fear Fun as FJM for the first time, he didn't have that much press. He's the opposite of a plant if anything, who worked hard shaping his musical voice and finally has some notoriety to show for it.

>All he does is repeat quotes from infinite jest
This is one of the most ridiculous memes for which you fools have fallen.

He's been putting out music for as long as you've probably been alive and slowly building a fanbase until recently appealing to a larger audience.

Sup Forumstants are so god damned stupid. I'd estimate zero people on this board are capable of putting out anything half as good as fjms releases.

He's got a huge ego and is beyond pretentious.

He's the Kanye West of hipster shit in terms of he thinks he's the best ever and being pretentious

He's actually incredibly self aware and if you listened to his new album, you'd know this. Also cite examples of his hypocrisy and self congratulation cause I can't think of any and I think you're full of shit and have probably only heard a handful of his songs lol.

>dumb phoneposter
This is the dumbest fucking thing that anons complain about. How much of a whiner can you be lol

He's witty, charming, and funny. His sarcastic and pessimistic critiques on society and love are funny and relatable, all while managing to be catchy and enjoyable. No, he's not reinventing the wheel, but that's not why I or his fans listen to his music. It's just comfy and endearing.

Go on, Patrick Bateman

Lol what's wrong with being relatable? Yeah, he has common thoughts but it's they way he presents these thoughts that makes him appealing.

Also he barely sang about religion until this recent album. He doesn't think girls are dumb lol. Your example of this is a song about an annoying ex he and that's 1 (one) song on an album dedicated to his wife, you goon.

>He's got a huge ego and is beyond pretentious.
I don't understand where this meme is coming from. Why do you think this? Because he has opinions and uses hyperbole to express them?

I tried to keep it concise and it ended up reading like a Fantano review.

Because he's middle brow. "Safe" edgy counterculture. Watered down intellectualism. Manufactured and bourgeois.

I'm sure your favorite filmmakers are all established ones that are just slightly below mainstream

Heck, he's the personification of Sup Forumscore

What a hot opinion. I'd love to know who you think does what FJM does and better.

So what's your argument? That opinion is middle brow? "Safe" edge counterculture? Watered down intellectualism.

Get a load of this guy.

Any artist tries to say anything they consider important, or exhibit any shred of intelligence, and god forbid make it not completely inaccessible to the masses and this is the kind of piddling, ridiculous criticism they get.

It would have been more substantial to just say "I don't enjoy his music." than your little post.

>witty, charming, and funny
He's just snide and pretentious, he acts like he's an enlightened post-artist because he speaks in watered-down Bill Hicks "everyone is stupid except for me" catchphrases
I could forgive this if his music was good but all of his new album is just him lecturing the audience over the most lifeless piano and soft rock instrumentation imaginable.