What is your perfect 10 album?

not my favorite album by any means (that would go to TLCW), but in terms of a perfect album, this is probably the most perfect album I've ever listened to.

Black Saint and the Sinner Lady.

Vinyl version of pic related

This, Flood, and Deathconsciousness are my 10s

My negro!

That's like a 7/10 at best. Acid Rap was better, and not by much

I thought so too at first, but on repeat lsitens I've started liking it more than Acid rap.

Give it another try.

Pet Sounds

Old boots, new dirt

now that's a meme i haven't seen in a while

raw power

i'd say meat is murder is a ten too

Either Loveless or Madvilliany

100% this my nigge

also
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks +
Joanna Newsome - Ys

generic pick i know, but it's just so good

This is the closest I've heard for song-for-song perfection.

Are you a dad?
Also have you ever heard of something called poetry?

Black City Matthew Dear

do you not find the title track repetitive and boring?
all we got is a pretty atrocious song
dopethrone is fucking awesome, wouldn't call flood and deathconsciousness 10s tho
im not a big fan of track 1, but it's at least a 9/10 album

well its in the top five best selling albums

no poetry board here yet, but I bet you would be just as content at the closest thing here:

Your welcome!

Music lyrics often are poetry but saying "she was a fast machine, kept her motor clean" isn't very poetic

>your

i expect no less from ac/dc fans

Your a fag.

no such thing

I must disagree!

"Whiskey, gin and brandy
With a glass I'm pretty handy
I'm trying to walk a straight line
On sour mash and cheap wine
So join me for a drink boys
We're gonna make a big noise

So don't worry about tomorrow
Take it today
Forget about the check
We'll get Hell to pay"

All true (not partial) rhymes.

A man's ode to the joys of alcohol-fueled relaxation with his comrades. One of the primary themes of rock music.

Back in Black has no let downs, no experiments gone awry, and one of the most acclaimed production jobs in rock history.

The performances are firey, the song-writing peak AC/DC. In the huge, famous, and popular, and still-surviving genre of Hard Rock, Back in Black is the exemplary album.

So yeah. It's a 10.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with this masterpiece

good choices

is it just me or do all these pictures look like GTA V screenshots?

There are no perfect 10 album, Would give Discovery a solid 9 though

I would hang out with you guys

Apart from gwely mernans, even the best songs have calamitous flaws and go on too long or the wrong direction

I'd say it's more of a 9.9

yes
it's just you.

Aside from being a fantastic album, it also is linked to a tough and important time of mine and this album represents that time perfectly

This is actually a great answer. I wouldn't put it in my top 100 favorite albums or anything, but it legitimately is such a rock solid album. People here are gonna hate it cause it's popular "dad rock" but it truly is a great record. I do think it deserves a 10, considering how well it accomplishes exactly what it sets out to achieve.

My current choice

you make a very compelling argument

God-tier album
>inb4 kooks

these

I guess it's cheating to post Floyd since they have so many 10/10s, but this album is a masterpiece in every note that is played.

Is that really 10/10 poetry tho?
Is that on the same level as the other entries in this thread?
Getting drunk with your friends is fun a sense of emotion that can't be compared but AC/DC dont really mention that they just say "lets listen to music and get drunk"

It is not 10/10 poetry - of course not. The lyrical depth is shallow, although I think the lyric-writing, rhymes, phrasing, is good.

But the lyrics fit the music, and vice-versa. A 10/10 album does that.

And you'd be right to say the lack of depth, poetry makes it too easy, common, and won't hit you in the heart.

But Back in Black (indeed, AC/DC) doesn't strive for that, and you can't help but think that they would fail miserably if they tried.

Back in Black is a visceral thrill, and a very fun album. This album is meant for movement - driving (fast) in a car, a (large) party, or head-banging and air-guitar with similarly-thrilled friends. Don't play it sitting at a computer, headphones on, volume midway, and expect to enjoy it.

>even the best songs have calamitous flaw
Name one

Not cheating to post Floyd, but telling to their greatness that fans disagree on their greatest album. Really its a pretty short list of truly great artists where there is little consensus on their best album.

This probably. I love every second of it and is one of the few albums with every song being AT LEAST a 8/10

Vordhosben goes on to long, it peaks early then goes astray into a wash

Pearl Jam - Ten

oh shit i'm sorry
I meant 9/10

>4 minutes and 51 seconds is too long
>thinks the best part is the worst part
I think you just have shit taste user

Aphex Twin has said he doesn't like staying on one idea too long, constantly changing on a track. Some people like this about him, those without attention spans or druggies. Too often he wrecks a good idea by forgoing it in my opinion. I would proffer that his best tracks he does not do this.

Everything after about 2:05 is a comedown and lame. I emapthise though, you'd really have to think hard to get that track peaking further, something he never does.

Very good album - but doesn't 'Deep' drag it down out of 10/10?

Many tracks drift into 11/10 zone so it averages Deep out

objectively correct
>hurrdurr annoying echoes and cello mystified by my death and my status as "underrated" even though all my released material has 8+ pitchfork scores
how can you honestly pretend this is anything other than trash
correct
correct
delete the first track and its a 10
sure
objectively correct
t. normie
vespertine > homogenic
objectively correct
objectively correct
objectively correct
(you)

>posts nothing

These too

>Some people like this about him, those without attention spans or druggies.
Or how about they don't like listening to the same repetitive beat for 10 minutes? The way he's able to evolve tracks and put so many different new layers in each song is what makes him one of the most important producers of all time. In time you'll be able to appreciate it hopefully

??????????????

>pick 5 albums I consider 10s
>you get upset I didn't pick 1
(:

>>hurrdurr annoying echoes and cello mystified by my death and my status as "underrated" even though all my released material has 8+ pitchfork scores
fucking yikes

I post this album a lot and I never get any (yous).

its the all time best indie rock album. not much else to say

>hurrdurr annoying echoes and cello mystified by my death and my status as "underrated" even though all my released material has 8+ pitchfork scores

got em

the only thing you contributed to the thread is a mass reply shitpost, fag

He doesn't evolve his tracks, its like idea 1 with variations for a while then move onto idea 2 etc, he doesn't understand development and mood

>He doesn't evolve his tracks, its like idea 1 with variations for a while then move onto idea 2 etc
Clearly you didn't listen to the album then
>he doesn't understand development and mood
And you do?

I have no album I would give a 10, BUT this is the closest thing to it for me. It's like a 9.9.

cool guys

His tracks are note salads. If his notes were words and he was talking you'd think he was insane.

Good choice

>If his notes were words and he was talking you'd think he was insane.
Why does this matter?

big fan of these as well

A legend

As I said some like it, guess you do. I appreciate form more