It's good, but was it worth 17 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSnSryEO3Uo&list=PLT8whgyVO-Pt4ycxWwjKmvLu3N28cne32
youtube.com/watch?v=uS_IramA9m4
youtube.com/watch?v=G7uLl91fljE
youtube.com/watch?v=rjJeELe4AnI
youtube.com/watch?v=KAT3sgnd4mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you are acting like they were a band for the past 17 years and not doing other things, better things btw

mars volta reunion album next

I expected it to be shit so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasnt. Nothing amazing but there's lots of solid tracks even if it doesn't flow very well.

Yes

>>think I'll drop a dime I think I'll drop a dime I think I'll drop a dime I YABBA DABBA DOO THOUGHTS

What did he mean by this?

anyone gorra link lads?

TPB

>think I'll drop a dime I think I'll drop a dime I think I'll drop a dime
This section describes how he has a hole in his wallet
>I YABBA DABBA DOO THOUGHTS
He wants mankind to return to prehistoric lines of thought, before money became the standard of value exchange

AOTY

youtube.com/watch?v=mSnSryEO3Uo&list=PLT8whgyVO-Pt4ycxWwjKmvLu3N28cne32

It's alright. I do miss Jim more then I thought I would. It certainly has that ATDI beat and rythm, but it's a bit more swingy/funk then their previous records. I do like how it harkens back to older ATDI albums in the way it sounds.

From an objective standpoint it's nothing groundbreaking, but I can't stop listening to it

Then again, I'm the only person on Sup Forums who liked Antemasque

youtube.com/watch?v=uS_IramA9m4
this was probably the most AtDI sounding song on the album
cedric's voice is a bit weird sometimes though

bullshit

most people here weren't even alive for all those 17 years
it's not like you spent that entire time anticipating a new album from them

No album is ever going to live up to that expectation (can't wiat until releases a mediocre album and fans will go mental). As an uber fan that would literally listen to Omar and Cedric's farts, all I really wanted was a return album made with genuine intentions. I think it's there, it;s not just a cash grab, haven't heard these guys have so much fun in years.

I missed Antemasque entirely. I really don't like anything ATDI musicians do outside of it. Sparta is boring, Mars Volta is too experimental. They should stick togheter this time and only do ATDI albums/shows.

I also have been listening to this record for the entire week. It does scratch that itch I guess.

I love this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=G7uLl91fljE

It stars off really unfocused (like most of the songs on Inter Alia), but the chorus is just soooo good.

mars volta can do no wrong. when noctourniquet came out I hated it. years later I realize its brilliance

>he didn't buy relationship of command on cd when it came out

speak for yourself junior

youtube.com/watch?v=rjJeELe4AnI
itsjustnotthesame

They could only play those songs live because they were reaaaaly high on drugs. Probably to fight exhaustion or extreme stress from doing all that touring.

if you like AtDI, listen to bear vs. shark
youtube.com/watch?v=KAT3sgnd4mw

Drive Like Jehu comeback album when?

not better than meccamputechture

>Mars Volta is too experimental

i dont really like Interalia.

but it's not terrible. and it's not full-on disappointing like the return of Refused, or DFA.

bump