Is Pond's new album better than Tame Impala?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

It's definitely the band's best to date IMO

I really liked it too. I'd definitely say I liked it over Currents, by a small margin.

Tame Impala = Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker produced The Weather
The Weather = Tame Impala

What did you like so much about it?

unironically this
another great tame impala album is Melody's Echo Chamber

I saw pond live once, there was roughly 100 people with huge scarves in attendance, some sitting throughout the whole set even though it was inside
new albums pretty cool but i still prefer impala

kek, this. I wonder if Melody's new album can even compete

Really dissapointed. Man it feels like space again was better. Also stop being cunts and admit you like Currents, you just pretend you don't because this board hates that shit. The mix, songwriting, basically everything on Currents out-performs The Weather

I like Currents tho.

its crazy how kevin parker that album actually sounds, at least i used to think so before i realized he helped make it

I hear they share members with Tame Impala.

Sounds more like if Kevin and Roger Waters tried to remake portions of The Wall.

Not a bad thing itself, but it's not terribly exciting other.

Where'd you hear that?

I've only listened to it a few times so far but I still prefer Hobo Rocket. The last album didn't really grab me either, but I do like this one better than the last.

The Weather is good but Beards Wives Denim is without a doubt their best album.

And as much as I love Pond I'd still probably take any Tame album over any Pond album

>The Weather = Tame Impala
uhh no just because he produced it doesnt mean its his. he didnt even play drums on it so hes not even a part of pond at this point. nick and jay wrote and play everything

God Pitchfork suck

>nick and jay wrote and play everything
Couldn't be more wrong

not surprising to me that this is what would lure pitchfork browsers to one of their articles

>Ian Cohen
Automatically discard the review in the trash

lol, I bet you think Melody's self-titled debut was her album too, don't you?

>nick and jay wrote and play everything
kek

Decided to give this a go because of this thread and so far not really into it.