Does Australia have a proper culture?

Does Australia have a proper culture?

I'm from Melbourne, and I honestly don't think we have any culture. It feels like we just borrow it all from the US.

I was having an argument with a friend of mine earlier today about whether Australia has any culture or not, and when he mentioned Abos I said Abo culture doesn't count because of how primitive and shit it is. Then he started getting mad at me over using the term Abo to describe the, well, Abos. Then we had another argument about PC culture and why it's wrong that I think it should be okay to use terms most people think are offensive (aka: nigger, chink, abo, etc.). He says he finds it offensive because he has Abo blood in him. So now not only does he have Abo blood, but also German, Spanish, Dutch, British, and Scottish. I don't think I believe him.

Anyways enough about my blog. Back to the question, does Australia have a proper culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Does Australia have a proper culture?
no

More proper culture than Canada at least, so there's that

We were meant to be a British colony before we told England to fuck off so we could find our own path.

Now we're an American colony.

The answer is no.

WE ARE ALL LIVING IN AMERICA, BRAH

Australia (and New Zealand) are geographically isolated and located too far away from other meaningful countries yet have advanced society.
And that is the characteristic point but that's different from "culture" i guess

Yes, criminal culture. The only culture you have besides fucking kangaroos and sucking koala dicks. Wear it proudly, Crim.

Half assed British colony culture. Culture takes time to develop.

>we told England to fuck off
Kek, you have the fucking queen printed on your currency and a royal cuckstamp on your flag

I mean England doesn't have direct command of our country anymore. If they went to war again with Europe tomorrow, it'd be our decision to decide whether we wanted to jump in or not, not a forced conscription like it was before.

And there;s nothing wrong with it. What's the point in going full autist about it?

I've always seen Australia as a southern Canada of sorts. We don't really have a national identity, but we do have different cultures at the provincial level. Quebec is an extreme example of this, but the other provinces have it as well to varying degrees. Is there anything like that with the Australian states?

foy

you'd help us if that happened though r-right bruce?

australia is basically california version 2.0 but with emus and shit

Fuck off cunts, you didn't help us when we needed it. So we're not helping you.

literally when

In WW2 faggot. We had to get help from the US, that's why we've been sucking on their fucking dick for the last 70 years.

GOOD post

Because Britain certainly had nothing better to do in World War II

Australia is really just the american southwest with different accents and asians instead of latinos.

Could have at least helped us when we desperately needed it. Our men were killed by the masses in WW1 because we had to help Britain, and they didn't have the decency to send a little help back 20 years later.

urmm...err..greater good and whatnot

besides we'd always back you up against big ebil euros anyway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War with canada or siding with nz after rainbow warrior

This whole thread really boils my billy

How do you think about this?

I feel so ashamed to here other Australians say this shit.

Exactly,

America actually rebelled with the boston tea party and became independent.

We have a big fucking symbol on our flag that says we are just britain jr.

It's fucked... and people actually are okay with this shit.

The fuck is "proper" culture?

It's a meaningless symbol on a fucking piece of cloth. Get over it.

Australia is basically like a country where 99 percent of it is like the American red neck south with different accents, just replaces the trucks with utes the American flags with Aussies flags.

Then the only places normal people live are Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

And if you go more than 20ks outside of any of those places it's like the south of America.

People assign meaning to symbols though.

It's called semiotics.

Why?

Who cares???

This

Oh yeah, what is the largest town or city nearest to where you live? You type like someone who hasn't spent any time living in Australia.

It's still meaningless, get the fuck over it. We have stronger trade relations with China than the UK.

When people say culture they don't mean drinking beer, watching sport and calling people cunt they mean stuff like this.

Australia says that stuff is it's culture and the rest of the world laughs.

This is what thailand means when talking about culture.

Why so much hate against the British in this thread?

Is bullying us part of the Australia culture ?

I have lived in ipswich, toowoomba, beenleigh, logan and brisbane.

What greeks mean by culture.

What chinese people mean by culture.

What indians mean by culture.

Nepalese culture.

Australian Culture

Australia = shit version of California with worse accents and like 10 years behind. If you hate Californians you will really hate Australians.

Australia is a floating version of Bakersfield.

Yes, but it's much less pronounced than others. Australia is a really young country that, unlike the US, never really fealt a need to break away from the mother country. In time, it will become more distinct from Britain, but right now it maintains strong similarities

Like take these nepalese people and they go to an Aussie... "This is my culture it goes back 100's of years and is a strong part of my peoples identity"

Than the Aussie goes "Yeah, mate we got culture like that to, what we do is get drunk and watch sport.. that's our version of the same thing"

Can you imagine how ridiculous that would sound to them?

It's more like the redneck parts of the south but with different accents.

Yeah, they say cunt and drink fosters

>Amstetten

Everybody hates fosters in Australia.

Um but the advertisements here say that it's Australias favourite beer

British tried to help Australia, they just got btfo by the imperial Navy, and couldn't ever get their supply lines back around the cape of Good Hope
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_War

Yeah well it's not true and everyone hates it.
I don't even think my local bottle shop sells it.

We drink xxxx and vb.

Here's an idea: cool kid metropolitan liberals are basically the same all over the world, in melbourne or jakarta or austin or whatever

so 95% of people on Sup Forums, even people who aren't that left politically, have the same "culture"

I've heard of vb.

Please, Indian culture is all about raping and shitting on streets

Most of the Aussies here are from country towns for some reason.

The Aussies are basically like people from texas.

Yeah Australia has its own culture. Unsurprisingly it's similar to the US as we are both anglo counties

Just look up summernats and that's basically how nearly everybody in Australia who lives outside of a major city is.

Also look at the beer.. It's not fosters.

How is it that a bogan is pretty much the same thing as a red neck in almost every way.

Redneck's say "Real amuricans drive trucks"

Aussies say "real australians drive utes"

Rednecks american v8 muscle cars

Bogans love Australian v8 muscle cars.

Rednecks and bogans both love beer

They both love sports and often care about it more than education.

They both love to go hunting and killing things.

How did they end up as basically the same thing despite being so far apart?

The same anglo people in the same situations. The difference is the location

Bogans say like to buy holdens because they are australian and it makes them feel patriotic.

Red necks buy chevies because it makes them feel patriotic.

Bogans hate immigrants and muslims.

Red necks hate muslimes and immigrants.

Bogans think they are so Australian when they are red neck copies.

So did I get it right with ?

Yes.

Except for the inner cities which are more like mini new yorks with lovable suburbs on the outside. But if you get too far away from the inner cities it's like the south.

Rednecks are more a south thing than southwest.

Redneck itself means a pro union protester in Appalachia from the 20s. Big corporations turned it into a slur to discredit labor movements

Like compare these two images..

One bogans the other red necks.

They are the same kind of people.

See

>inner cities

Thanks to elgintinsity's gym idiots videos on YouTube, I can't hear that word with laughing.

Lets do it again.

Rednecks

Yes, however it's not unique to us

Bogans

See how it's the same kind of people.

Australia doesn't have gay marriage? What's wrong with you guys?

>Jeans, T-shirt, and baseball hat
This is literally Western culture but it has been exported all over the world. Traditional dress is just old styles, we have art deco, glass&steel, modernism, any of the "trendy" clothing. It's all the same shit. The old obscure stuff is no more "real/valid" culture than modern Western culture, and modern Western culture just seems like "no culture" because of its massive success.

>worse accents

Wow... I think you're really on to something.

>Also look at the beer.. It's not fosters.
Bullshit, next you'll try telling me Mexicans hate Corona, and Irish don't like Guinness

Thought it meant someone who works in the sun (I have a red neck all Sumer long cause I'm pale as fuck)

I'm sad to hear it's so American cultured! I thought it was more of a hot weather version of Britain and Ireland.

Shudder.... oh god I hope not.

Absolutely this
If it wasn't for Maoris, NZ would have a flag without a cuck stamp now

Just because a culture isn't faggoty and high class, dosen't make it non culture.

that makes no sense

British secretly hate colonials
I hate NZrs and aussies who aren't pro Republic because they have a serious case of Stockholm syndrome
I've convinced my parents that we should be a Republic so that's a good thing

This.

Say what you will about the hicks, but they have good values and eat good chicken. If it weren't for them we'd have no cultural identity at all in the US.

Maori were the group that voted against the flag the most
Rural whites voted for the new flag the most out of any group

What did the new flag look like?

*Maori voted against the new flag

If only rural whites voted, this would be our flag

if I were a kiwi I'd hold that flag up in pride. That's a shame.

Wrong aussies are for the most part cool but commiefornians are trash desu

Yeah
Nonwhites ruined our chance at removing our cuck stamp
The fern flag looked aesthetic as well
Shame we never got it

Brits and Aussies hate each other for some reason. I do not know why.

Lots of young Aussies are into nigger culture and it really triggers me because it makes those hot tall aussie girls disgusting