Today is my birthday

Today is my birthday.

I'm 30.

Got an email... Head Office wants cuts, and I'm out.

I just spent all my savings on a new car thinking I had a secure job.
It's a good car, modest sedan, reliable, should last 5 years or more.

I'm 30, jobless and broke.

Got in touch with local temp agency and got a job.
I'm 30, now a minimum wage brick stacker.

youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
General feels ITT

Tell me you're worse off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QousZwZuZOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank you Republicans!

34, jobless, got laid off a year ago. Found out last August I have an 11 year old son, paying child support. It was my birthday on the 20th.

ouch, how did you '𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓉' you had a son?

not my birthday
feel real bad for you

Sell that car brah. Having the extra spending cash will take some of the hurt off. Public transport if you can pull it off. Or downgrade the car and get a beater.

>republicans
>democrats in charge for the last 8 years
>expects instant change and everything is the republicans fault now

youtube.com/watch?v=QousZwZuZOQ

Lois, you're old.

>new car
>should last five years

nigger a brand new car could last 10-12. So look the bright side, you don't have to worry about paying money to fix issues with your car for a long time.

>I just spent all my savings on a new car

Protip: don't do that

Got sent to rehab today, birthday in 3 days, will be 30, most likely unemployed when I get out, shot car no place to live

he spent all his savings on a car that will only last 5 years. how do you downgrade from that?

Got served with papers for a paternity test.

nah it's not brand new, it's '𝓃𝑒𝓌' to me
fair enough, but it wasn't a huge amount, just all that I could save and I didn't have a car

wtf

Why didn't you file for unemployment since you were laid off?

y tho

I don't know how that stuff works.

There is nearly unlimited information at your finger tips .. what the fuck are you doing?

Because if youre such a faggot then you should just do it

not op but it takes 4 weeks to get a check from unemployment and that's only if the previous employer is on top of it, sounds like he has bills to pay and with his new ferarri in the driveway needed a job right quick.

Whatever state you are in google "State" unemployment benefits. There will be a website with resources on eligibility and how to get it.

I'm 30...
I'm from when if you don't have a job, you go find a job
It's different elsewhere I know, but here in the south of New Zealand it's pretty conservative
If you don't have a job, you go door knocking or you KYS

You may be anxious about your situation, but it is actually pretty good. You have a dependable vehicle that is paid off. You are young. You get a change of scenery with the brick stacking gig, which means you will be exposed to a new population of contacts and potential buds that you probably would not have been able to make in whatever office hellhole you were in. Your health is probably ok too. We always forget about that.

Have a little courage and keep your attention on the present. Dwelling on the future causes anxiety; dwelling on the past causes depression.

I live in Mexico. You are privileged. Stop winning!.

22, NEET, living in a flat on government benefits, diagnosed depression and I can barely bring myself to do anything productive. If I got full time work, I am certain I wouldn't be able to hold it. You seem to have a degree of motivation OP. Things like that are the kind of blessings people tend to overlook. Good luck.

Well I dunno how it works in New Zealand then. But here in the states the business you worked for pays taxes into Unemployment Benefits. So money you are making them is going into it. So when they oust you there is no reason not to apply and use it, or it will just go to some Tyrone that got 'laid off' from McDickles.

>diagnosed depression and I can barely bring myself to do anything productive

if you are aware enough to understand what you just posted you should be aware enough to understand that the entire world would benefit if you jumped off a bridge.

If you got cut for no reason other than general cuts, you warrant both unemployment and probably a severance. Sometimes that unemployment is better than going the minimum wage route if you need a month to really get out there and look. Just don't live off it without trying, then you're a faggot and should kill yourself.

Yea I dunno about that, I know here you have to prove you are looking for work in order to be eligible... makes it pretty redundant since I found 'a' job
even if it's stacking bricks for min wage, it means you can't receive unemployment because you were offered A job

whats the story behind this?

You're right. My position could be much worse. I am thankful for that.

What's happening here?

glad i could help.

"Fuck you son quit your whining and saying your going to anhero, here, have a fucking gun you noob, you don't have the balls"
"Bang"
"oh fuck"

True get a fucking job

Manual labour is brutal but pays better than minimum wage desu. Landscaping is always hiring anybody that can breathe. You might hate it but it can help sustain you till yiu find something better.

>be 40
>lost my job a few years back
>have no money
>plenty of debt
>truck just rolled over to 165000 on the odometer
>wife is at least making serious crazy money
>only a matter of time before she puts 2 +2 together and punts my ass out
>only friend is neighborhood yellow cat that wonders in looking like he just went through 3 tours in Vietnam

Could be worse I guess

go into pizza delivery or UBER/Lyft. They actually make a decent amount of money. Just keep looking for a real job while you're doing that.

>31
>married
>no car, have to use bus system
>have inexensive 1bdrm apt
>sometimes barely make ends meet
>don't even have a normal bed yet

165k odo? What's the problem? Is it made in USA?
Just eat your wife out at least once a week so she doesn't punt you while you look for a good job.
ez

Your wife doesn't know your unemployed?

>35
>Junior in useles stem degree
>Went from 0 debt to about 80K
> shitty apartment
>no job

Life is fucking good actually.

lol you fucked up. Unemployment gives you 70% of what you were making for like 6 months to a year.

Well, you got a sugar mama which is nice. If you can find out how to keep her, just roll around for another 40 years and parish in style.

enjoy your ban, faggot

Nice triple dubs nigger

Dude its called credit and financing. Make payments, keep savings, less risk.

not here it doesn't.
My severance, which is only owed holidays, means I go on a stand down period based on how long they think that money 'should' last me.
Then maybe next year they will give me $50 a week but only if I can prove I am actively looking for work

I'm homeless and have no id or proof of residency family is on the other side of the country and o haven't eaten in 4 days. At library because free water and internet to remind me of better times

i collect unemployment every winter, for the last 20 years, and it's not really 70% if you elect to pay taxes each week, if you don't you pay it the next tax season.

not all it's cracked up to be.

How did you end up homeless and foodless?

at least you'll be able to collect alimony when she divorces you

please leave and never waste another post.

Good luck having a cock and balls in the legal system during divorce

Its a Dodge.......

Nope. She thinks I go to work. I got a decent severance package and had been saving it. So every week, for the past 2 years, i take $150 or so out. Spend most of my time playing vidya games and sleeping. It's fucking nice to get up at like noon, eat some cereal, play some games.

The struggle is real, man. Always try to buy her some flowers and little things. Just need to keep this gravy train rolling.

Your life could be a lot worse OP. Revel in my dismay, nigga

>be me
>severe anxiety/depression
>25 year old NEET living at home
>no work experience I could put on a resume (3 years unemployed) or education outside of highschool
>bullied weekly by my mother because I'm mentally broken
>no social contact outside of internet or way to leave my house
>feedback loop
>feedback loop

my brother got spousal support

it helped that he could prove she cheated on him

See I don't understand this mentality, it's just too far out of frame for me to comprehend.
Get a job.
Problem solved.
Become social at work over time. Get money, go out to shops or whatever you have money in your pocket just peruse.
You live at home, you have no expenses, get money and the world opens up.

I'm a trans muslim nigger fagat beat that

Why are you depressed then, also why act like you have a shit life?

I'm in a similar situation as you, but i'm living on my own and was orphaned at 4.

have a friend lie and say you worked for them. i took care of an aunt and they took it. didn't admit she was my aunt.

20 years old in same situation except i got beat up real bad on the way to school at 12 years old and when i turned 18 i got 25 thousand compensation payment now its just like whats the point hahaha must be great to be you faggot im gonna go buy some weed and eat at a thai resteraunt.
break into a house or something get addicted to meth, find some motivation... or pray heavily and live in line with god he will deliver brother as he did for me

>I just spent all my savings on a new car thinking I had a secure job.
Welp, you fucked up.

You fucked up in your assumption that you had a secure job (there's pretty much no such thing) and you fucked up in using up your savings to buy a car (was it worth it?)

That's why you got replaced. You're clearly a pretty mediocre or even dumb motherfucker.

The world would be the exact same place without you.

Pic related, it's you.

That's a good point.
More than once I've had a friend be a 'manager' or 'foreman' on the phone as referees for jobs.
No one checks... unless you lie about qualifications and high skill experience like law partner or something.
Just make up some shit that you're working at a generic retail outlet and put someone you know down as "The Manager" and a cell number.

Go see this\/\/\/\/
Honestly, shit doesn't matter any more in the real world. I managed to snag a damn good job after getting shit canned. Just told a friend to act like he was my boss and I had worked for him for the past 4 years. They called, he talked it up, they hired me.

Its a fucking cut throat world out there. If you ain't doing the cutting, then you're being cut.

i was there when they checked. i was like wtf?!?! someone actually checked?

i literally put down i was a caregiver for the disabled and had a notarized contract. i could look it up but my employment was 8 years long so i might not have it anymore.

>Dwelling on the future causes anxiety; dwelling on the past causes depression.
This is seriously great, thank you.

Nah you're right man. I know a job will fix almost if not everything. Can't face my fear of failure though, too anxious to try, constantly bullied so anxiety/depression feedback loop etc

Your life is shitty but mine is too man. If you wanna make it a competition yours is shittier.

Can you elaborate? You mean, have family/friend say I did X for them?

>25
>working a decent office job making a living
>every time I tried to leave the company, got a better position somehow
I'm not worse off. I didn't get laid off and I didn't spend my savings on a fucking car lol.

You're a loser. Hopefully temporarily. Hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes and get back on your feet, but for the time being, you're a fucking loser.

>Can you elaborate? You mean, have family/friend say I did X for them?
as i stated here
i put down i was a caregiver for the disabled and had a notarized contract. i could look it up but my employment was 8 years long so i might not have it anymore. when they asked about it i made it sound like i was running a thriving business and made it sound like it was why i was pursuing an AAS in business management.

only real advice i have seen

you really shouldnt waste your time talking to stupid poor people user, your time is worth alot more then theirs.

Missed the point user. I wasn't saying mines is shitter than anyone elses. I was trying to say it's not like super shit.

Yeah it may suck but it's actually not to bad, i'd rather be like this than stuck in some 3rd world shit hole ir be homeless.

>Get a job.

companies usually don't want to hire unemployed NEETs

Bring it to los santos customs i mean sure you wont get as much as the upgrades and og cost but put it towards ceo work.

welp I should've kept a rainy day fund for sure

I wasn't replaced.
None of us were.
Where exactly do you find 7 qualified flour millers to run a mill to replace 7 millers?
That was my job if you were wondering.

Mom and Dad owned store, were hard on their son. Son had depression. Got into an argument, son said he was going to kill himself. Dad said, "Ok, kill yourself, you're a loser anyway." Son an heroed. Parents flipped.

Did you go to college? You should know brick laying pays from 15$ and up. Unless you got cucked by the temp agency. Which you probably did. Keep your head up user, thats life man just gotta keep rolling.

Minimum wage is $15.75
Which gets you sweet fuck all here
And yes I went to varsity and have 2 BSc's

>22
>Left okay paying job to pursue better opportunity
>Opportunity fell though
>No money had to move back in with parents
>No job right now but I have leads on some
>Car's transmission about to die
>13k in debt
Could be worse I guess, at least I have beer

this

OP here, in New Zealand
Whoever is president doesn't affect me much

I understand, user.

average 22 year old

36. Just put 10000 aus on for a deposit for a house.
Might be getting fired tomorrow cause some fuck wit stole alcohole from work.
Finance and job check today at 230.. cant get my deposit back..
Im praying it clears or im fuckrd..
No house . No job..

>None of us were.
That's even worse lol. You were replaced by nothing. Meaning that your job was literally worth nothing to the economy.

Yes, I'm a dumb millennial and no I don't have a nice car and I only make a little over 40k.

I also don't have debt, no kids and can do whatever the fuck I want and can afford to not have a shitty job for a while.

Let this be a lesson to you, you dumb cunt.

That actually makes me feel a tad bit better about myself to be honest

You weren't trying to make a positive point, but I do appreciate the sentiment now lol.

Honest question, how do you cope with things? I sort of gave up tryin to figure that out after repeated traumatic events

It's where I was at 22. Now I have 3 cars, 2 run, and my own place, a pretty damn cute girlfriend, and a job I'm relatively proud of.

Still 3k in debt, but doing much better.

These cuts will probably result in the company losing the flour contracts to the all of the nations supermaket bakeries.
But it's a mega multi-trillion dollar cash floating company, so they don't care about our tiny country.

Well fuck cunt, how'd you get a mortgage with 10k?
Across the ditch they're charging 25% min

𝒪𝒫 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓇.
𝑀𝓎 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓈 𝒻𝓊𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝒹𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓀.
𝒢𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝒸𝓀𝓈.

𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈𝓎 𝒻𝒶𝑔𝑔𝑜𝓉𝓈

I don't feel bad for the dad. Fucking dick thought his sons mental illness was a game.

First home buyers grant. In perth aus.. 1% deposit. Cause mining has gone to shit..
Also 45k in debt .

>69
nice way to finish up

Where do you live that 30k isn't enough to survive? Plenty of americans do it on less

Americans don't pay $5 for an avocado

Also, New Zealand