Name a better War-Themed movie. And also, a better director

Name a better War-Themed movie. And also, a better director.
>protip: You can't

Seconded.

For once I agree with one of these threads

Today OP was not a fag.

Warcraft was 10/10.
>war themed
>top director
>made me start my wow account again

best war film ever made

braveheart

enemy at the gates

after boot camp that film went downhill...Apocalypse Now and Saving Private Ryan are better...

Can't. R. lee Emery gets me every. Damn. Time.

>Too much learn to be soldiers at the start.
>Not enough people killed by private pile
>Mickey mouse sucks

Hamburger Hill is better.

Paths of Glory

OP here, and I actually think this is the only movie that can reach FMJ level

other than the two scenes with vietnamese prostitutes, the second half of the movie is pretty shitty

great film, but honestly not as good as FMJ imo.. Too abstracted. I did love Heart of Darkness, which it's based on though.

Full metal was Kubrick's only good film. Rest are overrated trash.

yeah it was almost B-movie quality...

Apocalypse now

Saving Pvt Ryan.
FMJ is excellent though.

French movie Indigènes. A jewel, must watch absolutely.

Apocalypse Now

Jarhead did a damn good job of describing what every Marine goes through.

the hurt locker

ok buddy.. you're a tarentino shill aren't you>

Thin Red Line

you tricky dick.

Best war movies by Kubrick:

1. Paths of Glory
2. Doctor Strangelove
3. Full Mental Straightjacket

Don't be forgetting this movie guys, classic.

I fucking loved doctor Strangelove

What about the shining? Or Doctor Strangelove?

kubrick did a better job in '57

Terrible samefagging. FMJ was only good for the first 40 minutes. After that it was shit. And Kubric is overrated.

Kubrick is my favorite director by far! 2001 is probably my favorite film of all time but all of his stuff is good.

Not better than fmj, but this movie is way better than it should be. Beats the fuck out of jarhead

Underrated post

Okay I did forget shinning but seriously he is so overrated

Buffalo Soldiers is better

Actually I think he's overrated too. I liked reservoir dogs but that's about it.

Paths of Glory is a straightforward war flick.
Ends badly, but good story anyway.

kill yourself please

Hes really not. The older you get, the more movies you watch, and the more you try filming yourself, the more impossible it becomes not to respect this guy

I just have a different opinion than you faganon but also nice quads

Ill check that out, never seent it

Holy shit my first quads and I was asking someone to kill themselves lmao

Kubrick is only overrated if you have no concept of what films looked like at the time of any of his projects. ...and you've never had to frame a fucking shot. Or direct anything.

Its pretty good. Not really a war movie but the characters are in the military. Kinda an amoral character like trainspotting or filth.

It must be done! Quads wills it!

I'm he one who you said it to, and checks are due when their due.

Ya 2001 came out 9 years prior to the first star wars and looked waaaaaaay better yet people say star wars was revolutionary

This. Also, platoon.

I read a book on the making of 2001 and i never put this together myself, but it marks the exact point where spaceships in movies stopped being sheet metal rockets and started looking like modern space vehicles. How, you ask? Cause Kubrick hired a couple old nasa heads to design a real fucking ship

These are my opinions.
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Mel Gibson

Shitty movie, shitty director and to top it all off a shitty picture

Stalingrad

Yeah, I have to go with the consensus that the second half is boring as fuck. First half is dank af though. Black Hawk Down is pretty fucking good.

Enemy at the Gates with Jude Law was actually really good imo

>iFunny watermark

lame

The lengths he went to, not just hiring a couple guys, but spending day and night over at the space agency working on how everything would not only look but how controls would be designed and ergonomics and how things would move in zero gravity and how light would move from a single point source and how shadows would diffuse in reflected moonlight and all the rest of it.

There are films and books about how much he figured out for all of the film industry, in the making of that film.

lel

i heard that was good

yes

>better war themed movie
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh there's some arguments to be made there. realism and rawness don't necessarily imply "greatness". there's a lot of things that make a movie great, though i'm sure we disagree on this point, so we'll move onto....
>name a better dictor
Now there you are correct

hail Lord Stanley

god damn, being inside that guy's brain must have been the ultimate trip. Stanley was more stoned every day as soon as he got out of bed, completely sober, than any of us can ever hope to be on drugs

every single one of his films are God Tier, including FMJ, though i would personally say it's near the bottom of his catalog

*director. god i'm making mistakes like that all the time these days. i'm getting old

quads checked

Hope this is bait

I know man. Nineteen sixty-fucking eight. Boggles the mind.

i mean....... i wanna jump in and say this is bait, but i have to be honest.... Hacksaw did deviate from the standard war movie procedure. for that alone it deserves recognition

it's also a "true story" (a massive embellishment of a couple of actual events which have changed drastically due to the sands of time) and i always like those

but yea, fuck you, get this bait outta here

watch moar.

QUINTS! wasted though lmao

Extremely true. I served in Iraq and I can't even think about the end of the movie with out tearing up.

What about Patton?

Is OP retarded? FMJ has a great FIRST act, the second is only decent. Stanley Kubrick may be the greatest director of all time though.

MOVIE: CROSS OF IRON
DIRECTOR: SAM PECKINPAH

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, OP

Apocalipse Now
Stanlingrad
Talvisota
Das Boot
Thin Red Line
Patton
Platoon
These are all better than FMJ, but i have to go with The Thin Red Line since you also asked to pick a director, even tought i don't think Malick is on the same level as Kubrick, he is still one of my favs and a better director than the others in my list.

Burritoge 3: return to the taco stand

Can and will

We were soldiers was good

No
and
Gay

go back to...... you know what just leave i don't care where you go just leave

Platoon would be equal to this, in my opinion. Though I agree Kubrick is the superior director.

Patton was a cunt.
Churchill was too. Both idiots that needlessly got countless hundreds of thousands killed for their own personal glory.

Fuck both of them.

Goes for the petulant manchild Teddy Roosevelt too.

Incorrect opinion.

Plebs

Not plebs

Ultra pleb

nigger

Yeah but you'll never see that perspective shown on film.

Nor will you see any of the reasons why the Nazi's did what they did shown. It'll all just be a biiig fuckin mystery.

Not sure if it counts as a movie, but Band of Brothers...

t. nigger that doesnt know shit about anything exept for nu-pol faggotry

I quite like Cross of Iron.

i didnt understand the ending

You're my big toe OP

BoB>>GK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pacific

Fuck forgot das boot. Thats probly the best movie in this whole fucking thread, save 2001

Completely agree, and i really like pacific