Okay I know the term is passed around a lot but he literally, LITERALLY, did NOTHING wrong

Okay I know the term is passed around a lot but he literally, LITERALLY, did NOTHING wrong.

what about the part where he cloned himself repeatedly and either killed himself or murdered his clone

It's his body, he has the right to do whatever he wants with it

how is it his body if he's not physically connected to it and what you are describing as his body is acting independitly of him like a person

cloning yes

murder no

Is this thing a meme really, the whole thing about killing himself or the clone?
It would always be him. The clone and he have the same consciousness, the surviving subject would always identify himself as the true one who survived this time and the other who died as the clone. It's not a matter of clone or who is true or not, when they are identical like that. Unless Tesla suggests otherwise which I can't remember.
It's rational for the man who is a subject of this to think it that way, but I dunno why audience choose to see it that way, as if he is risking anything.

>It's his body, he has the right to do whatever he wants with it

this guy gets it

He can do what he wants with his own body. But the clone is another person with another body.

He deserved death for that shitty ass dying monologue.

Cunt rattles on for 10 minutes then drops dead the moment he's finished reading his script.

He's the one who falls in the water and dies. It's suicide.

The clone is the one who survives.

why didn't he just use the machine once and copy (can't remember his name)'s method?

nah man that doesn't make sense

There was a whomp comic about someone who had their personality recorded and placed inside an artificial cyberspace paradise.
The person thought that they themselves would live forever, but it was just a copy of their own consciousness.

Angier is much more narcissistic and hungry for the love of the audience. The fact that he chose to do it his way goes to show how he was so unable to share, or dedicate himself to the trick, that he couldn't trust himself. He also wanted to show Borden that he'd beaten him as a magician, and was also probably a little paranoid after what happened with his drunk double.

In a sense he showed more dedication than the two Bordens, but for the wrong reasons. Borden was simply reacting professionally, until Angier got one of them killed.

Before that he shoots and murders at least one clone.

did angier plan to frame borden/fallon?

Literally "Trust No One, Not Even Yourself: The Movie".

name 3 others

He probably noticed that Borden slipped behind the curtain during the turn, and so his non-drowning self decided not to reveal himself.

I recall him saying to Cutter that he wanted the production to be big enough that Borden couldn't resist coming to the show.

Clue

Except for the part where he drowned a sentient, pain-feeling being every night to boost his own ego.

he technically consented to it

I guess it depends on whether it was the original or the clone who survived every night. If it's the original surviving then it's pretty immoral, technicalities aside.

>Clone

I can't remember that movie well but I thought he just hired an actor that looked like him for his trick

they're the same damn person
in his own words; he was brave to do it because he didn't know if he'd be the man in the box or the prestige

He didn't clone tons of gold or farm animals with that machine.

The clone survives that's what makes it so crazy. He kills himself every night to perform that trick.

That's an earlier version to copy Kirsten Bell's act.