Does anyone know if getting a visible tattoo will make you less desirable at job interviews for sure?

Does anyone know if getting a visible tattoo will make you less desirable at job interviews for sure?

you're already less desirable. you can only go up from here.

I recall being present when Henry Rollins was interviewing for a job. He had no visible tattoos. (He was wearing pants and a longsleeved shirt.) Ultimately, he did not get the job, however his tattoos had nothing to do with the final result.

Also post tattoos or ideas

When was this? What was the reason he didn't get hired?

If you have to ask this question, you already know the answer.

Well if I was going to work at chipotle or Safeway, would they care? I would understand for a brokerage firm level job, but what about low key jobs?

It was for a small role in a Paramount Pictures feature film. Ultimately it was decided that he was too well known as Henry Rollins and might be a bit of a distraction in the role of a bad guy in the film.

Also we were filming in Canada and could save money by hiring a local for that particular role.

He did very well in his audition in my opinion. The director drew from Henry's audition in helping to direct the actor for that character in the movie.

Do I have to repeat myself?
A "Low Key" job will want "low key" employees.
Be "low key" for the rest of your life with your "low key" tattoo.

The audition was in 1999 for a movie that was released in 2000.

Oh that's pretty cool

yes. i'm a supervisor and we'd have to be pretty desperate to fill a position for me to actually hire someone with tats. either get tats in places people will never see, get them lasered or expect to be unemployed.

only exception would be if you're maori then I can understand if you have a face tat, but shit's still trashy.

Thank you for the real answer

Seriously depends on where you live and work.
I honestly don't think it is even an issue for most places in Australia any more, I work in the government here and i have forearm tattoos, loads and loads of people in these "white collar" jobs are covered and nobody bats an eyelid anymore.

keep it above the elbows and none on your neck or face and you'll be good.
You can literally have a full body tattoo just make sure you can cover it up.

I should aslo mention that I live in California and I don't plan on living anywhere but the west coast

Depends what job.

If you are digging ditches or working in a factory or some shit, they do not care at all.

t. Ditch digger and factory worker

Right now I work at a sole proprietorship pizza place mostly marketed towards kids

Depends what country, what kind of job, who is interviewing you..

I have a professional level job with full forearm tattoos. Here in Australia the stigma around tattoos is dissolving pretty fast. But then I got lucky as I got along well with the managers that interviewed me.

So basically wear clothes to cover the tattoos or just don't be an autistic fuck when you talk to your interviewers. Don't appear "weird" just act normal

Skills surpass appearance if you can fill a needed function. I have full sleeves and make 110k+ a year in NC. I work as senior SecOps and I've had numerous offers for other positions I've turned down. Spend your time now learning a needed skill and when your comfortable in a career you can start with tattoos.

That's because you're some public servant faggot and they didn't want you filing a discrimination claim or going on stress leave because someone didn't like your tattoos.

In industries that matter, i.e. the Private sector, white collar jobs won't really tolerate visible tattoos.

Not really helpful telling me what job you already work, I mean, they're not going to fire you for getting em.

What career are you aiming for/dreaming of that you think tattoos might disqualify you at the interview stage?

Well I hope to be working in the music industry, and maybe in a state park worst case scenario. However, until then I'll be playing in bands and working some shitty minimum wage jobs.