Thoughts on this one Sup Forums?

Thoughts on this one Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jbj8lLspac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Went to see it as a kid with my sister, got scared just before and saw Titan a.e instead.

Is this movie a good dinosaur in NY movie?

Underrated as fuck. The only reason this gets hate is because Godzilla doesn't look like he's pregnant.

Depends

If you like Emmerich movies then yes

I love it. Saw it as a kid and thought it was awesome. It's still a guilty pleasure.

>I love it. Saw it as a kid and thought it was awesome. It's still a guilty pleasure.
Same boat, although I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it.

It's fun the way most Emmerich movies are.

Awesome popcorn flick.

It's absolutely awful but the animated series is somehow actually good.

both the American Godzilla movies were bad in different ways.

goat kino series

Same

>2014
>bad

It really was. the first act was fantastic, all the setup and buildup and mystery was about perfectly done and Cranston absolutely carried the movie.

But it's got fucking problems. The movie gives an absolute fuckton of buildup to the MUTOs but gives almost none to Godzilla himself. The soldier son is completely fucking uninteresting and shitty. the MUTOs aren't even evil (you know your movie is fucked when the audience BOOS when they are killed). The fights are mostly bad and the FIRST MONSTER FIGHT in the MONSTER FIGHT MOVIE is wasted on a cheap throwaway joke completely ruining the tone and taking everyone out of the movie entirely.

not to mention Godzilla's first real appearance is him walking straight up to the camera and smiling, it is goofy as fuck. Also Godzilla causes a huge amount of destruction in Hawaii just by swimming but for some fucking reason everyone treats him like he's a damn hero for no reason after that.

When do they treat him as a hero?

It's like an enormous exercise in Roland Emmerich giving the middle finger to film critics and American coffee.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING AN AMERICAN GODZILLA MOVIE FEATURING GIGANTIC? HE HAS A CHAINSAW FOR A CHEST THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD POSSIBLY FUCK IT UP SO JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN

Also when's Jet Jaguar coming back?

For one they seem to completely ignore Godzilla's existence at first and just do shit involving the MUTOs.

I mean I understand the MUTOs are a threat because they eat nuclear power and all that but is the other giant indestructable monster not also a threat?

Beyond that the movie has the retarded District 9 BWAAAAAAAAAHM everytime the MUTOs appear and when Godzilla appears it fucking plays the Superman theme or some other retarded heroic shit.
And at the end the people are outright sad that Godzilla is dead and there are people cheering for him and everything.

the whole movie for me really breaks and becomes a piece of shit as soon as Godzilla appears in Hawaii. Hopefully Resurgence is better since Anno is a madman and willing to do whatever he wants.

the second Cranston hands the baton to ATJ the movie falls completely flat on its face. I don't even really think it's the actor's fault; the character is just nowhere near as developed as his father was. His drama is completely uninteresting and it becomes fantastically hackneyed by the end that somehow every problem the military runs into while trying to lure out or fight the MUTOs can be solved by the specific job brody has.

Not that bad, but not a Godzilla movie. More like a remake of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms.

All 40 episodes on one DVD set? Where do I buy this?

fair points
besides the soundtrack
I dont remember any heroic or BWAAAHM music at all

The Godzilla 1994 was miles better than this shit and would've been groundbreaking if done right

The tv show was awesome though

>Godzilla doesn't look like he's pregnant.

Or maybe because they turned an unstoppable monster that could exterminate humanity into a coward, running giant dino, the military destroyed more buildings than "Godzilla" and the last act was a Jurassic Park rip off

The first act was pretty great, the feeding scene was the turning point where everyone saw it would be shit

Look at this smug lizard cunt

I got it for 5 bucks at a Wal-Mart along with the early 2000's Astro Boy series.

They were doing some sort of inventory clearing of old anime and animated series. they had the very original Ghost in the Shell DVD release and I got two of those despite already having one.

How would Jet Jaguar fit in the new American and Japanese Godzilla continuities?
I mean...
youtube.com/watch?v=3jbj8lLspac

JET JAGAH
JET JAGAH
YATTA E JAGAAAAAAH

Nah, that's not the Godzilla I remember. He pretty much knocked down New York City with his big lizard dick.

>gets caught on a bridge and taken out by a few missiles that the real Goji would've just shrugged off

emmerich zilla very well may be the weakest film kaiju in existence next to the original king kong

Dudes right the army cause more damage.

HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVER UP BASIC INSECURITY

Why do posters lie? No street is that wide and if Godzilla was really that big, he'd be like twice as tall as the latest ones.

No one even knew what size this zilla was

Keeps changing scene by scene

Bearzilla v Godzilla when?

>Original King Kong
>Not the 25ft Jackson Konglet

>not 70s Kong

the original kong was billed at 50 ft, but when you actually measured him to scale he was the same size as jackson's kong.

Jean Reno was excellent