Where do you live?

Where do you live?
What is the local scene like?

I live in the Las Vegas area. The local scene is a joke. We get some decent touring acts through though.

south london. upper class white kids with acoustic guitars and poor kids who think they can spit bars

Live in Milwaukee, OP's pic describes it with some shitty hip hop thrown in too.

Around St. Petersburg, Florida, completely shit music scene and no one tours here. Would start one but I just started learning bass.

Nova Scotia.
Statesmen with fiddles.

Leeds, England

Indie pop-rock everywhere

OP here. Living in Derry. All music is pic + shitty generic metal.

>implying i go outside for anything other than work and food

Living in Limerick Ireland and theyre some fantastic metal bands around right now trying some great stuff some real sleepers

like derry/london derry or did america steal that as well?

Do local bandcamps count?

Hi same :)

Never call it londonderry

La, Nothing but father John Misty and Kendrick

OP again, yeah Derry City, Country Londonderry

ohio, there is no local scene

Helsinki Finland

Lots of metal- what did you expect. The hiphop/ rap scene is asscancer compared to the rest of Europe. Electronic scene is mostly cancer too (fuck psytrance and edm) but I like the local underground techno revival we've been having for at least a few years now (check out Mirage Man - 6am). Indie rock really fell out a few years back, nobody wants to go and it's sad

Maybe that's what we get for importing all of our talent.

Cartago, Costa Rica, local scene is basically national music scene, lots of shitty hipster bands, some of them not so shitty, hip hop and funk is getting interesting, jazz is underground and quite cool

Sydney. You probably know the worthwhile bands out of here. The local scene's full of slacker rock and dolewave bands. There's also *always* fuckin solo guitar-if-you're-male or piano-if-you're-female singer songwriter types playing everywhere. Pretty ok punk/post-punk/goth bands here and there. Experimental/noise scene is dead as fuck at the moment

reggae is quite cool tho, and pretty strong

Phoenix, Arizona. Nobody out here but horrible metal bands and pop punk.

There's only country, metal (shitty metal, at that), and blues
bands rarely even visit my city on tour, instead they go to one of the other major ones in the state
what the fuck is dolewave

I live nearby Long Beach. Most bands either want to be the Strokes or Mac DeMarco, which isn't bad per say, but it's horribly unoriginal to a point where it all blends together and becomes uninteresting. Most of the more interesting acts are in L.A., though I can't really name many off the top of my head.

As for my city itself, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a smaller city, either metalcore or cover bands.

Dirty Jersey and it's filled with crusties so we have some great local powerviolence and grind

Music scene isn't completely shit, we have Daddy Kool Records.

if you punch razorfist in the face i will suck your dick/clit

Yep

São Paulo
well, some of everything. I'm into hardcore.

old people playing jazz and blues (not bad but mundane)
all the worst kinds of metal
shitty hipster 15-years-too-late indie and folk (is there even a single city in the US that doesn't have this?)
about one thousand pink floyd and other dad rock cover bands
decent symphony orchestra (only good thing about this area)

st louis MO

Only scene I pay attention to in dublin is hip hop and its shit

checking out that techno techno track -- not bad at all

could be worse - belfast scene feels like a massive subculture-themed cosplay convention

Rosyth, Scotland. Non-existent here but Dunfermline occasionally gets good gigs (Alabama 3 acoustic set was excellent) and Edinburgh and Glasgow are brilliant for many types of music.

>cover bands that is just one guy that sings and play guitar
>post-grunge bands that also do covers of songs with post-grunge style
>cover bands that do covers of many bands that dont try to play the songs in a literal way
>black metal bands made by the same few musicians, that almost no one here knows and I only know because I decided to search my city at bandcamp

Fayetteville, Arkansas and OKC, Oklahoma

Punk scene is fun for both, experimental scene is on the rise for both. All the best bands go to Tulsa though

New Jersey. Shit deathcore and post-hardcore and wannabe philly emo.

Angel Olsen is from there

>what the fuck is dolewave
Lo-fi indie rock with a large slacker mentality with lyrics about suburban Australian life and Australian pop culture
Courtney Barnett being a mainstream example, also see Bitch Prefect, Lower Plenty, Verge Collection and Scott & Charlene's Wedding for other bands

Fargo is like a tiny Minneapolis. I've been out here for a while so I can't really talk much about the twin cities anymore. Fargo's got a very insular punk scene that's getting better, few noise acts a decent bit if hip-hop and some guys from bismark and Minneapolis starting up a dj scene that's pretty dope. We get a a bunch indie groups through here regularly as well. I really shouldn't complain as much as I do, it's a p good time out here.

Hartford, CT here...nothing here

I live in Denver and I don't really know. Can anyone fill me in?

Melbourne Australia, too much shitty metalcore please help me

My area used to be great but things have really gotten fucked up lately. Guess you could say it's a

>where do you live
Baton Rouge
>what is the local scene like?
terrible. Everyone here wants to be a rapper, and the last successful band we've had was Thou. Only problem is they were an outlier and every other non-rapper musician wants to do generic blues rock or country music. It's practically impossible to find people who want to buck those trends and create something outside of that

Houston. It's like mostly rap, and a decent punk/noise scene. And Tejanos. Lots of that

I don't even know if there's a way to find local bands in the NY Tri State Area. Can anyone help?

The Montenegro scene is pretty shit, I can't even name a decent band from here

What are thoughts on DEP?

L O N D O N

>about one thousand pink floyd and other dad rock cover bands
El Monstero puts on a damn good show

I live in the country next to a rural town of 700 people. In Kansas. There's fucking nothing. If I go to the nearby college town there's the occasional rock or country band that either consist of college kids try to be serious about it or middle-aged men doing it as a hobby

*trying to be serious

And it's not the creative/artsy college town either. (You know the one.) Basically, at the lowest "music scene" status imaginable.

What the fuck are you talking about? LA has all the annoying Mac demarco ariel pink burgerbands, Echo park acts, the Smell acts, etc.

do you seriously only think Kendrick Lamar represents an entire city's DIY scene

Hamilton, ON. Great scene, lots of math / experimental rock (a lot coming from my school as well) and some indie rock bands too, but they're all doing something unique which is great.