Just started watching Game of Thrones. I bought the first 5 seasons...

Just started watching Game of Thrones. I bought the first 5 seasons. Never saw a single episode and never talked to anyone who watched the show. Just finished the first season, liked it so far.
Did I make a bad investment Sup Forums?
Is it worth watching the other seasons?

Tyrion dies in S2 finale.

so nice!

Didn't get to know their names but fuck you if I find out who tyrion is.

john snow dies in season 5 and is resurrected is season 6

but don't worry, not that it meant much

> I bought 5 seasons of a show I've never watched

Do you have to call in good boy points or do you have an allowance

>"hahaha look at me mom! I'm Spoiling, I'm spoiling! Do you love me now momma? Do you? Please! I spoiled a cliffhanger to some user who I don't even know. Love momma! Why daddy left me here all alone mommy?

this is how you babies sound when you spoil something without even making an argument about the thing you just spoil.

Congratulations, you're autistic.

hey OP, I think it's worth it. But the series goes down the hill from S5. So if you except the series getting better and better, S4 is the last "great season".

I could with some GBP but yes I do have an allowance (Not a good one). I have cable but I don't have HBO.

Thanks user, I'm just going going to skip it then.

>buying the seasons instead of getting a free trial of HBO now/ paying $15 a month for all 6

Should've just bought the first 4 seasons. The show isn't worth watching after that.

Leave now because you'll be spoiled.
Imo the first 4 seasons are GOAT Sup Forums, the quality plummets immediately in S5 and then picks up again in S6.

>cunnyposters everywhere, but this show can't have a general.
Janitors,please.

>not watching a Grand epic in it's entirety because one season is bad
S5 is only really abysmal by GoT standards, and half of that is because the earlier seasons set an impossibly high bar.

fuck no got sux
kill main character in season 1

I've been recently watching Season 4 and it's still fucking amazing. The midget fight in Purple Wedding and Joffrey's reaction to it had me in stitches.

You're an asshole

>never talked to anyone who watched the show
lmao

You might as well watch the rest of it, since you paid for it, but the best is behind you. S2 is not terrible, but it's on a downward slope and picks up speed from there. The most recent season was pretty bad, but I'll probably see it through to the bitter end anyway. It literally gets worse every season, there's like a handful of good scenes in each season that make you say, "ok, well that almost made it worth watching" but there are predictably fewer in each one, like they could probably develop an algorithm to describe and predict how many good vs worthless scenes there will be. Although there really wasn't a good one this year, that I remember.

The algorithm is roughly :
How many memes /got/ created over the episode. If there were no new memes or they were forced as fuck and died down soon after, the episode was solid. If entire Sup Forums starts memeing over it, the episode was shit.

As a bonus, ask yourself
>how many dick jokes were in the episode
>were feminists overjoyed by the ep
>does it heavily feature Arya
'Yes' answers to tge aforementioned hint that the episode was bad.

That episode where Hodor runs out with his big flopping wang in season one was just about the best TV I'd ever seen.

Hey here. Like said, you should watch the rest of the seasons. The real SHITTY season is the 5th one. S6 is better than 5, but only the beggining and end of the season deliver some good moments.

Jon Snow marries Cersei.

You could have bought the books for cheaper and got more enjoyment out of them.

I will probably be called a contrarian or something but I thought the TV show basically became steadily worse the further it strayed from the source material. I don't rate D&D at all.

The first 4 seasons are pretty good, first season's still the best though. When you get to Season 5 the quality takes a nose dive though. Keep watching.

>never talked to anyone who watched the show.
>Just finished the first season, liked it so far.
>Is it worth watching the other seasons?

my condolences

You might have a skewed image of the books in your head. Game of Thrones was amazing, Clash of Kings was still pretty great, Storm of Swords was meh and Feast For Crows was about 300 pages of Brienne wandering the Riverlands with some septon and some minor character who gets captured like a chapter later.

I stopped reading in Dance of Dragons. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Tyrion talking so boringly to Young Griff and fucking nothing happens.

Season 1 is god tier television comparable to any other HBO series

2-4 are redeemable

The only reason to watch 5-6 is if you want to meme or fuck hipster girls. The finale of the last season was fine but the show is approaching Dexter levels of accelerated decline.

>He pays money for his media

The only weak one in my opinion was AFFC. The book series' main strengths are the interesting characters and the intricate plotting, both of which are diminished in the TV show.

Seasons 1-3 = good
Season 4 = okay
Season 5 = retarded and boring
Season 6 = retarded

What a shitty actor and shitty character.
>le watch me make the same fishy face as always but this time its implied im Targaryan so focus on how epic my dead fish face looks for 30 seconds as the camera zooms out!

nah you see they just had to make sure you knew THE WHITE WOLF was Targaryen because the audience is too stupid to figure that shit out

only correct answer.
you shouldn't even bother to watch it at all.

Read the books after. They're 10x better and fill in a lot of detail and throw in thousands of new characters and food descriptions.
that is if you're interested in the universe

>4. Please make use of the spoiler image checkbox and spoiler tags. Purposeful spoiling of a series or movie is not allowed.

>bought
americans everybody

Dubs and CIA confirm. Also being right about everything confirms. Listen to this guy.

thanks yify

poorfags are embarrassing

Protip: Go to reddit to talk about it or else you'll get spoiled and called a pleb.

the other user is lying, so don't worry, but it's really stupid to make a thread on Sup Forums about a show you didn't finish if you don't like spoilers.

Should have bought the books instead