Why do normies make fun of me when I say I don't drink but they're fine with me not smoking?

Why do normies make fun of me when I say I don't drink but they're fine with me not smoking?

Everyone knows drinking is bad for you and there's comfort in numbers so people want everyone to do what they do less they be negatively judged. Just double up and talk to those people about how bad alcohol is for the liver and brain, as well as making people prone to doing stupid shit when under the influence. Then fart in their cup when they leave the room.

You don't drink? What's wrong with you faggot? I don't drink either

But studies have shown moderate alcohol consumption is good for your health and results in a longer life expectancy.

So what do I say to hide the real reason I don't drink (to feel superior and hold the moral high ground)?

People that don't drink are fucking boring as fuck.

OP here, stop pretending to be me faggot.

fpbp

Sounds like a personal problem user.

George Bush doesn't drink anymore and he was pretty entertaining

You sure?

People that don't do heroin are boring as fuck amirite?

I'm not pretending to be you faggot, nowhere did I imply I was OP

>prejecting this hard
Yes the only reason people choose not to use a drug is to feel superior. There's no way someone might not like it or something.

That's subjective

Because saying you "don't drink" carries with it a bunch of connotations. They might be wrong to assume it, but you might think you're better than them somehow. Or you might have some hangup they think is stupid. But in their mind, it's always a set of beliefs which they - as drinkers - don't have and think is stupid. People don't have those sort of beliefs about smoking. Generally people have, what they consider, good reasons to not smoke. But they believe people only have stupid reasons to not drink.

And FYI, you can avoid this bullshit, however unfair it might be for you to "need" to avoid it. By not declaring that you "don't drink", but just saying "i don't feel like it" or "I'm not in the mood". And then just never ever being in the mood. By saying that, they'll just assume you do drink, you just don't seem to ever want to drink with them.

The fuck, how am I projecting?

I am literally telling you straight up that I do not drink because it makes me feel superior.

I can't use the 'it's bad for you' excuse because that's not scientifically true. So what excuse can I give?

But then they might gift me aclohol. I could always sell it, sure, but I'd rather not waste people's time.

Just take the gift. Remember, it's the thought that counts. You can re-gift it, or you can pour it down the drain and think really deeply about how happy you are that you're not drunk.

Reply to my post fgt

So you were serious? I thouhgt you were sarcastic.

Yeah but that's specifically moderate drinking that's sometimes beneficial. Most people start out binge drinking and drinking huge amounts at parties, and acting stupid.

You can always say that you're a recovering alcohol and trying not to go back to it, I am sure people would respect that.

Nah but I kinda want people to *suspect* that I think I'm better than them without touting it overtly

I was thinking of saying I knew someone when I was young who drank themselves to death and so I've never had a drink. That way I can maintain my superiority without people thinking I'm a douche for it

haha fine, also dubs checked

Because most of the general public is so addicted to alcohol that people consider people that don't drink to be weird. Don't be afraid to partake in the odd glass of beer or wine, no different to when someone offers you a puff from a joint you just hit that shit because it's polite. But don't feel like you have to be peer pressured into actually drinking drinking.

bump

But I don't like it.

This. Drunk people are the worst because when they're drunk they don't realise how massively cuntish they're being. It's especially noticeable when you're tripping or even just smoking weed at a party.

Then don't drink. If you have to take a sip to shut people up or do like says. If you always say you're not in the mood and hang around people that only ever drink then the same excuse is gunna stop working one day.

Fuck, take up weed if you have to. If you say "nah I don't drink but I'll take a hit of that shit" people'll probably stop judging you for being Nofun McSoberpants