All right, something's very wrong here. I'm neither a DC or Marvel fan...

All right, something's very wrong here. I'm neither a DC or Marvel fan, but end up watching any capeshit that comes my way. I didn't like Batman vs Superman all that much, but enjoyed the drama behind the mess, especially the ties between Batman and Superman. Captain America: Minor War was a complete piece of Sup Forums shit, with shoehorned politics to make RT ignore its flaws and circlejerk around it. Historically before these two, RT was always leaning toward Marvel over anything DC, unless it's a Bravo Nolan flick.

Now what went wrong with Suicide Squad? Is it because post-Nolan DC is always subject to criticism, while Marvel Studios always gets a free pass? I'm sure RT will shit on Wonder Woman while dancing around the "amazingly written, so progressive 95% confirmed Avengers 3". It will happen. I'm sure they will jizzle all over the upcoming Thor and fucking Spider-Man, while throwing Justice League under the bus.

tl;dr: RT is a loss cause.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1386697/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody here seriously considers RT rating a real indicator of a movie's quality. It's really only good for funposting

>complete piece of Sup Forums shit
how so?
>Historically before these two, RT was always leaning toward Marvel over anything DC, unless it's a Bravo Nolan flick.
Things like Hulk, TIH, TASM 2, Iron Man 3, Punisher got a free pass too?

this, OP can't handle the bantz

Even though I agree, normies and the mainstream audiences look to RT for guidance, I'm sure.

>It's a "Disney paid off RT again!" episode

How do you shoehorn politics in a story that deals primarily with politics?

Even if the film differs from the mini series, Civil War was still a very political comic book and thus the movie could reflect some of that.

>Now what went wrong with Suicide Squad?

It's a movie that panders to the 2000's hot topic crowd. It's trying to be edgy for the sake of edge alone.

FUCK DC
They are a lost cause now

t. dkek

Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Warner Brothers.
Try again. Has it ever occurred to you that Warner Brothers is trying too hard and it's just making bad superhero movies?

>DC is so mad that they think a collection of different movie critics from all over are all being controlled by Rotten Tomatoes

>being this fucking retarded

It's now part of Fandango.

tl;dr, but i'm gonna assume you're a buttblasted DCuck and give you a free sage

RT is owned by WB.
If anything it's biased towards DC. DC just sucks ass.

>no one here takes rt scores seriously
meanwhile...
>7 fucking threads about it

I still don't get why ASM2 is made out to be terrible, it just feels like BvS - average, with stupid moments and an overstuffed narrative for sequel set up.

Sure that can make it seem bad, but terrible seems reserved for Catwoman or X Men Origins to me

>RT is a loss cause
How?

It just collects data about what other people have said about a film. more peopele say it's bad it gets a worse score.

>33%

EVANS LAUGHTER ACTIVE

>how so?
Out of all the casualties throughout their movies, they had to pull out: "This is a random black man who died. Feel bad for him. Now we must fight to prevent these future deaths. Now let's look at his grieving black mom."

And let's not forget Carter's insufferable "At a time where no one wanted wimmin to succeed!"

And anything to do with Black Panther. /Black Panther/'. Come on, user. Don't be such a blue pilled ignorant tool.

>Things like Hulk, Iron Man 3, Punisher got a free pass too?
Their scores and legacies, arguably, are a lot better than anything DC related, post-Nolan.

>TIH, TASM 2
I don't speak Sup Forums

>muh paid reviews!

Nolan Batman movies were coming out at the same time Marvel was getting their start and those still had positive RT ratings

Eventually you're going to half to deal with the fact that DC is meddling with the filmmaking process to the level Marvel is, but simply doesn't know how to do it
DC just doesn't know how to make a movie

As I said, it's just shitposting

>RT is owned by WB
Wasn't it sold to Fandango?

Civil War was pretty bad
It's about a C so I guess it's still "fresh"

Only two of those are Marvel made.

After Ghostbusters no one takes it seriously bro, just chill and let marvel fanboys have their fun

huh it's odd, i really thought disney would let dc have this one good movie just so they wouldn't seem obvious. they really need to be more subtle than just paying off every dc movie into the ground.

RT is just a flawed website purely because people pay more attention to the meter than the average rating.
A movie could have 100% on the meter but be a 6/10 rating wise.

>normies and the mainstream audiences look to RT for guidance, I'm sure.

Yes, and it seems like critics too

do I have to watch MoS to properly enjoy/hate BvS?

Marvel:
>QUIP QUIP QUIP PUNCH ONE-LINER QUIP
>90% confirmed!

DC:
>Strong family drama
>WHY DID YOU SAY HER NAME?
>27% total trash. Dropped

They really don't. All my normie friends are excited as fuck for this movie, they loved BvS, and have no idea what Rotten Tomatoes is. Normies only care about video games reviews.

>Warner Brothers owns Rotten Tomatoes
>Warner Brothers made Suicide Squad

YOU LITERALLY CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Speak for yourself. Everyone who I know go to RT.

nope

ITS AT 38%
THE PRAYER CIRCLE IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

The reviews aren't published by WB though, their site just collects the reviews from other publications, they have no say in the rating

>Captain America: Minor War was a complete piece of Sup Forums shit
>Proceeds to scream Sup Forums shit.
Look, Civil War was a pile of shit for a bunch of reasons...

Review when?

Marvel wasn't even trying to make it more subtle. It was in your face.

What do you think of the films in my image? They were all released recently.

What's that? You haven't seen any of them? Well isn't that a shocker. Now settle down and try to refrain from thinking anybody on this board gives a slightest fuck of what a plebeian like you thinks of critics or an artistic medium.

It's fun to shitposting, user. Especially when it's a fucking company war.

>Here is a film in which model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne gives not only a personal worst performance, but something close to a former-profession-worst performance, as a gyrating, bikini-clad villainess called Enchantress, who kisses men full on the lips to turn them into her slaves (of course!) and talks like Vanessa Redgrave on rhinoceros tranquiliser.

Lel. Can't wait til this ugly bitch gets blacklisted.

>it's a conspiracy against DC

No, they just think they have to make their superhero movies super gritty and pseudo-realistic after Nolan's Batman but completely miss the point as to why it worked for those movies and just turns into a mess for something like BvS.

Also they're movies are beyond cramped as they desperately try to catch up with their "cinematic universe". It took Marvel 5 decent to good movies to get their cast together, DC is trying to do the same in 2 rotten ones.

>Floyd Lawton: So that's it, huh? We're the patsies. We're some kind of suicide squad. Let's go save the world!
these quotes are all so bad

imdb.com/title/tt1386697/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu

Sure but they could easily filter reviews they don't want on their website. Some critics like Armond White were banned from RT, though I think the guy is back now.
They could even do something less drastic like consider any critic who praises their movies a Top Critic.

Really? My 60 year old dad told us we're not seeing BvS, we're waiting for the director's cut because RT yadda yadda. Your anecdotes have no weight no reality. RT is known globally for a reason. Google Batman v Superman once and Google will shill RT on that one page of your Android phone forever.

New DC:
>QUIP QUIP QUIP QUIP PUNCH ONE-LINER QUIP
>33%

Still trying to figure out if this is pasta. It's too good to be true.

The 2016 filename really brings it together.

DCU takes risks, which hasn't paid off lately but it's the reason it was able to put out at least a couple of genuinely good films in the past. The MCU is just cookie-cutter bullshit that will never be anything other than mediocre. I really just want this cape fad to hurry up and die.

Disney/Marvel have conditioned critics to expect the intellectually lazy when it comes to superhero movies. DC has always been challenging so they experience acute discomfort when viewing anything that features both superheroes and some actual depth.

I'd ignore OP, he's probably a Disney-paid troll unless he can provide a very convincing reason for cropping the page so much.

Wait, judge from all these comments....you guys really don't know how RT work?

I posted that RT can't be taken seriously as an indicator of a movie's quality, and nothing in your post tries to argue that

The whole "let's be against movies that take themselves seriously" is completely stupid. I enjoy those movies, since they don't have to insert fucking quips and halt the action to make a character say a one-liner. There's nothing wrong with what Warner Bros is trying to do. What they should do is take their time to iron out their scripts before they send them to production since they're all different in style and storyline. Marvel is using their formulate to churn out movie after movie, resulting in the same fucking movie.

Rotten Tomatoes is actually partially (?) owned by WB.

>Disney/Marvel have conditioned critics to expect the intellectually lazy when it comes to superhero movies.

sure, dc movies so complex MAAAAAAAAARRRTHAAAAAAAA

These threads have been full of people who don't know how RT works for years now. It's probably just shitposting at this point.

>Now what went wrong with Suicide Squad? Is it because post-Nolan DC is always subject to criticism, while Marvel Studios always gets a free pass?

Looks like you already made your mind up there, fuckboy. You don't understand why people don't like these films because you don't want to. You want a big conspiracy against your horrible movies, so just keep spouting the delusion. But don't waste our time pretending to be genuinely confused about why they do so poorly.

dear god...

>[View]
Ah yes, I was wondering when namefags and their irrelevant comments will appear.

>I couldn't understand the deeper meaning, raw emotion and clever writing behind a moment
>Therefore it doesn't exist

This is why films are generally shitty and getting shittier. People are unwilling to be made to feel dumb when something sails over their (limited) intellect and react with aggression. Can't you just appreciate that you're not going to understand everything in film instead of literally being an angry retard?

>Uncropped.png
but it's cropped:(

>DKEKS believe this

I did appreciate from BvS the different tone than marvel.

But the problem is what said. It took four or five decent intro movies in order to make avengers. They are trying to cram together justice league in just two. It feels very rushed

>Top Critic

AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

>I'd ignore OP, he's probably a Disney-paid troll unless he can provide a very convincing reason for cropping the page so much.
Disney paid trolls won't be showing the score. They would be stating "HAH! I KNEW IT! DC IS OVER! NOW LET'S JERK OFF TO THE NEW SPIDER MAN PROMOTIONAL IMAGE! SO DIVERSE!"

There is something wrong with trying to sell the audience a "totally realistic world" full of completely juvenile, outlandish superheroes dressed in fucking spandex.

The tone worked for Nolan's Batman movies because they were extremely grounded in their subject matter. It has virtually no supernatural elements and chose the more "human" villains, so it can believable sell a semi-realistic world.

However in Man of Steel or BvS this sort of approach is just ridiculous, all it does is draw your attention to the absurdities of these comic book universes because the contrast between what we perceive as realistic and what they try to pass off as realistic is so drastic.

If you really think critics are good at determining quality in a film after GhostTumblrs, then you are a retard who should end it now.

Christ

This. They honestly shouldn't even keep the percentage score anymore. The average score is much more accurate.

>Implying they're not attacking on multiple fronts

2017 could well be the year that WB utterly topples Disney at the box office, they've thrown everything they have into Marvel/Star Wars and are totally vulnerable to just one bad year of ticket sales. They're terrified and attacking on every front, subtle and obvious to kill WB dead.

>Top Critic

Holy fucking shit

and people make fun of us shitposting here.

I love how you cucks have turned on everything except the film makers themselves. It's almost like Stocholm syndrome.

Marvel things range from mediocre to great, in a few examples; however, I'm no fanboy. Nonetheless, every DC universe film so far has been fucking awful.

MoS - 4/10
Batman versus Superman - 2/10
This - probably 1/10

Hahaha you cucks

>Blah, blah, blah, my intellect was challenged and I didn't like it

>Marvel things range from mediocre to great
you really need to watch more movies

>There is something wrong with trying to sell the audience a "totally realistic world" full of completely juvenile, outlandish superheroes dressed in fucking spandex. The tone worked for Nolan's Batman movies because they were extremely grounded in their subject matter. It has virtually no supernatural elements and chose the more "human" villains, so it can believable sell a semi-realistic world.
Nolan did it three times and their legacies are seen in movies across the board, like Skyfall and Power Rangers. They're landmarks of Hollywood's reboot era.

Batman was always dressed in spandex, but that didn't stop Nolan from doing what you just described. He turned a juvenile comic book superhero into a real life vigilante and had to convince millions of Batman/DC fans to accept it as well. I think you mean that it worked for Nolan because Batman was always such a dark figure which tied into Nolan's love for nior and grimdark stories.

>However in Man of Steel or BvS this sort of approach is just ridiculous, all it does is draw your attention to the absurdities of these comic book universes because the contrast between what we perceive as realistic and what they try to pass off as realistic is so drastic.
Man of Steel was a learning step for Warner Bros. The tone worked better in Batman vs Superman because of Batman and and the "post-Man of Steel" world.

what about keks though? does SS provide keks or doesn't it???

>this is even after extensive reshoots
my sides

Is that supposed to be an insult?

Do you think anyone cares about your replies? You've already given me more attention than you've probably gotten in this thread so far.

nailed it

DC films are dumber and simpler than any Marvel film.

>Martha
JUST LOL

I'm an amateur screenwriter and I've written scripts better than BvS and Suicide Squad. They're seemingly written by children, and dumb children at that.

I feel like professional movie criticism took a wrong turn with the rise of social media, they just don't feel like to have the pedigree, a lot of the critics seem like average dudes with no more qualification to movies than an average blogger or forum poster who grew up on comics and anime. Many of them seem to be heavily informed by other critics and fans opinions on social media, which they then feel compelled to reiterate, and this just creates an echochamber where every critic will think the same thing for the same reason. Like they are afraid to have a contrarian opinion because they feel it will make them lesser or unreliable critic. We really need more Armond Whites among critics

SUICIDE SQUAD?

MORE LIKE SUICIDE WATCH

BWAHAHAHA

STOP ME MOM

>I'm an amateur screenwriter and I've written scripts better than BvS and Suicide Squad
>better
>I'm an amateur

Ah, so it's stupidity grating against a mixture of arrogance and bitterness.

>Top Critic
That gets me every time.

I prefer Nolan's take over Marvel's movies, which are literally "if you seen one, you've seen them all." Captain America 3 had many tonal shifting issues, but they were all but ignored because reasons.

you do know martha has always been their parents names? it wasn't made up for BvS

SHE'S GONNA FREAK

There's nothing inherently wrong with "girtty" reboots, but like I said, you gotta change the content too. There's a reason Nolan chose Ras al Ghul, Joker and Bane as the villains and not, say, Mister Freeze.

But the tone in these new movies doesn't work, there are constant clashes. Lex Luthor is probably the best example. The way he is portrayed in BvS is completely ridiculous and totally tone deaf, that's why people make fun of him or even think the casting was a joke.

There's nothing wrong with his character in itself, in a move with a tone like Spider-Man 2 for example he may have very well been a fan favourite, but in BvS it just out of place.

And that's just one example. There are so many things in these movies that remind you you're watching a (shitty) movie and break your immersion because the tone is all over the place.

I actually prefer the percentage rather than the average score. I think knowing the amount of people who enjoyed the movie is much more important than some arbitrary average score. For example, if a movie gets a 50% I know it's a divisive movie: half the people liked it, the other half didn't. On the other hand, a 5/10 doesn't tell me shit about its quality. Did it get 5/10 because it's mediocre and most people rated it that way? Or did it get a 5/10 because half the people thought it was terrible while the other half thought it was great?

>Missing out on capekino because some feminists and numales told you it was problematic
I pity Sup Forums

I would have preferred a SS movie in which a more serious version of the squad had to take down a completely cartoonish joker.

I liked GotG and the first Iron Man, but everything else from MCU has been terrible or mediocre to me (more the former). I also hated Man of Steel but liked BvS.

So I honestly don't give a fuck what """critics""" think.

>The way he is portrayed in BvS is completely ridiculous and totally tone deaf
how so?

he fit the tone of the film perfectly in my opinion.

That's a Ghostbusters review

Relax, there's no need to explain anything to him. Even if you really work to get around his mental limitations he'll still fail to enjoy it and will probably just end up even more bitter.

Imagine forcing yourself to defend these movies despite all factual evidence they're shit? How embarrassing.

>Black Panther
Really? Go back in a time machine and complain in the 60s when he was created.

It probably has a conservative message and liberal RT got triggered.

The problem with the percentage is that people who rate it 6/10 still get counted as fresh, thusband increasing the percentage