So...

So, anyone else hoping we'll finally see signs of the apes evolving physically to be more human like by the end of the film?

Rise was good and Dawn was even better, so I hope War will keep that quality up.

That would be great. Just get another riot in ferguson and u have half ur movie

Maybe to a small extent! I expect in the next Trilogy with return of the mars mission crew that went missing in Rise they "apes" will be more humanoid

I forgot about this. Can't wait desu.

Oh of course. Like in this movie, they start walking more upright, for example. Or even start speaking more coherently.

Maybe we get the birth of that religion from the original in this film.

I cannot wait for the 3rd movie.

Will be a masterpiece desu

One of the few good franchise left in modern cinema, I'm looking forward to this.

Am a bit wary of it being about war though - could be generic tbf

I think Cesar will be a george washingtonish figure turned christlike deity due to ape zealots

Yeah, this is one of the few 'relaunched' franchises that actually tops the original franchise, save for the first film.

Apparently this film has Woody Harrelson as 'The Colonel', which is concerning. I hope it doesn't devolve into a military film.

But this film might be the climax of it all. The final moments before humanity finally begins falling apart as a species.

Turned into the god emporer of apes.

Emporer in his lifetime sure, but GOD figure not so much, certainty not in his own eyes. But a thousand years after death thats how apes will see him.

The biggest question of them all:

Will the movie end with the our planet being nuked?

As Cesar would say "NOOOOO!"... just the whales

The original never did this either, and their concept was apes evolved. In the new series it's drug induced.

When it comes to this franchise, I think Tim Burton put final nail in the "what a twist" coffin. That shit made zero sense

So is this series going to come in a full circle? Like are they going to stand upright and speak fluent English? And then astronauts will come crashing down? Or do you think they'll just leave that part out?

Sup Forums is the closest thing to Sup Forums besides Sup Forums itself, newfag

I still fucking hate the naming schemes. Rise and Dawn are entirely interchangeable.

>ah bloo bloo bloo I suck cocks
Just fucking get back to your containment board, please.

>I hope it doesn't devolve into a military film.

Well it's literally called "War" for the planet of the apes.

Do we know the plot of war? Is it during Cesar's time line still or years in the future?

Tbh planet of the apes reboot has been the best remake in years of any series

>Do we know the plot of war? Is it during Cesar's time line still or years in the future?

Apparently it's set a few years after Dawn, about the same time skip as there was between Dawn and Rise.

What happened to Mark Whalbergs character?

>I suck cocks

Pretty homophobic user. Go back to Sup Forums

Hyped as fuck for this.

He hear tale he went to work on an oil rig after his inventions didn't pan out.

How is that homophobic at all? I have no idea whether you're a femanon or not, nor do I care. You suck cocks either way. Please return. Thank you.

>WAR FOR

seriously? why not BATTLE FOR?

better that two OF THEs like last time

They can call it "Apes sling their shit at humans one last time" as long as its as good or better than the first two

>better then the last two

those movies are Sci-Fi Kino user.

They're pretending like that movie never existed.

Im humble enough to admit idk wtf that means and honest enough to admit i dont care, love the reboot though.

it's called the planet of the apes m8

not planet of the humans, why would they end up physically looking like us?

the film is about monkeys

>the film is about monkeys
no. the film is about apes.

I still can't get over how they missed the point of the original film so badly.

I've just accepted that they're two completely different franchises.

Plus these movies are going in reverse order. Though I am kinda curious if they do this It would be interesting if they did

I really want this, i saw the first movie the other day and i notice they mencioned pretty often the mars mission and their disappearance.

Seems like a set-up for a second Trilogy after this one done

I honestly can't even remember what happened that made the apes talk and operate machine guns. The whole thing is inherently stupid. Taking a story that Serling wrote as an allegory and trying to make it into a complex film franchise just doesn't sit right with me.

It'd be like taking The Tortoise and the Hare and making it a Fast and the Furious style franchise.

They will likely get more intelligent but they've only had two generations so far, and Caesar is still alive in War. That isn't enough time to evolve at all except socially.

Yeah I think that's the thing that I have trouble with, I don't even know what they plan on doing once they finally remake Planet of the Apes, because they can't the evolution allegory doesn't work in this continuity, and wouldn't fit with the rest of the franchise.

However, the first two movies does have some themes, mostly relating to 'what it means to be human' kind of thing, but it's not entirely soulless. And the actual quality of the movies keeps me interested. I get what you mean, but it's a different beast.

I HATE EVERY APE I SEE
FROM CHIMPAN-A TO CHIMPAN-ZEEEEEEEEE

You kiss your mother with that pretentious mouth?

> I honestly can't even remember what happened that made the apes talk and operate machine guns.
In the original, Cornelius and Zira go back in time and their baby, Caesar starts the revolution. But before the timey wimey nonsense, Zira (Escape from PoA) explains they evolved slowly over time to speak and operate guns.

In the remake, drugs make them super smart, which is way more convenient and less convoluted

Oh, dont get me wrong, they're finely made blockbusters with superb performances by Andy Serkis. I think even James Franco gives a good turn in the first one. That emotional pay off in the sequel with Caesar going back home wouldnt have worked so well otherwise.

I went back and watched the original after watching the reboots and I think the issue is the new ones take itself so seriously from the start that when we get to the point of the apes in tanks and on horses, it leaves the audience thinking it's all unintentionally silly. Whereas in the original film, the audience sees that its all kinda silly from the go (talking apes on horses, but we dont know why) yet we get the sense there is a point to all of it. It isn't until the iconic and brilliant ending scene that Serling's genius comes into play. The whole film has this intentional air of silliness to it until we see that crumbled Statue of Liberty. And then we realize the seriousness of the point the film is making.

I dont even acknowledge the sequels to the original. I find them to mostly be hogwash. I'm talking purely about the first film.

HE CAN TALK!!!

OH MY GOD I WAS WRONG
IT WAS THE EARTH ALL ALONG

>I dont even acknowledge the sequels to the original
you're missing out. Beneath the Planet of the Apes is great.