Why are Brazilians obsessed with the Ramones?

Why are Brazilians obsessed with the Ramones?

Are we? Never noticed that

South America is the only place that still heavily fucks with rock.

When I visited I saw so many fucking ramones shirts. When I lurk social media I always see ramones shirts. There is something about the ramones and brazilians and whenever I mention this to brazilians they have no idea what I'm talking about. I seriously see so much more ramones merchandise in brazil.

Raimundos >>

dude, im brazilian, i had a ramones shirt
i never liked the ramones
i dont understand it either
people there just wear ramones shirt
its like a curse

Why are Mexicans obsessed with The Smiths?

its a trend just like nirvana

I knew it. Thanks for confirming I'm not making shit up.

The Ramones are the brazilian meme rock band.

Why do americans always wear pink floyd shirts

Because normie stores sells Ramones t-shirts like they are just a branch like any other here.

Even my mom wanted one and she never heard a Ramones song in her life.

>brand

Sorry.

underage as fuck, this has only happened in the past what, 5 years?

To answer your question OP: beats me if I fucking know, neither did them. They were baffled, but on both their tours to south America, they were treated like the fucking Beatles, and growing up (around rock fans, of course) you were expected to have at least a moderate acquaintance with them, like, name band members, most famous songs and a few b-sides, etc.

I mean, there are YEARLY shows of former Ramones members in Brazil

Here's another example. I was driving on the highway in brazil with my friend and guess what's infront of us? A fucking ramones wheel cover on the back of a jeep.

South Americans like punk rock a lot in general

Kek'd. Never saw this before.

come 2 brazil

Forgot to add: my theory is that their humor is goofy as fuck and they use a lot of latinisms and similar stuff, so people think they're "one of us".

brazilians also love joy division. i don't know what it is

Interesting. Thanks for an insightful theory.

People here still think JD is some obscure shit plus they really like the album cover.

This every special snowflake indie girl loves the smiths

Also LegiĆ£o Urbana.

qt brazilian gf's are into obscure dark ominous post rock bands seems like a paradise desu

Pleb tier shit, good to get girls.

south america took to the goth/punk aesthetic more than any place outside of the UK & US. they love that shit.

It's Joy Division but ultrapleb, basically.

Titanomaquia was the best album to come out of the Brazilian post-punk scene as a whole, really.