How often do serious injuries happen in baseball?

How often do serious injuries happen in baseball?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nycE8wsfwE8
youtube.com/watch?v=4-IyDJrX15s
youtube.com/watch?v=PvfPjkbk5BA
youtube.com/watch?v=G_7W27tWUd8
youtube.com/watch?v=b7owqw0qj0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not as often now that they outlawed the collisions at home plate.

People still hurt their ACLs rounding bases and tear their rotator cuffs though.

I'd say the most serious ones you get are the people who get hit with comebackers in the face, but that doesn't happen a lot.

Yes

Blisters count as serious injuries, so still a lot.

heart attacks when running is a common occurence

Elbow/arm injuries are most common

Tommy John's surgery

Seems like every pitcher these days has had tommy john surgery before they even hit the bigs. It's getting to a point where it's not even serious anymore. It's not very common for position players to get serious injuries though.

heart failure due to boredom are quite common among players and spectators

Basically four possible serious injuries
>Pitcher blows his arm out
>Batter hit (in the head) by pitch
>Someone's knee/ankle buckles hitting a base
>Outfielders collide into each other while chasing a ball and looking up at full speed

like never, the only serious injuries are outfielders running into eachother and getting concussed or a pitcher getting beaned in the domepiece by a line drive

Do players bursting their guts because they're disgusting fat fucks count?

They are very common. Baseball is one of the most dangerous sport.
On average aroud 10 players a year get diabetes, one fifth of all players suffer for high blood pressure, many get knee damage by just stading around and often they have to stop their training because the effort of walking around the pith many times increases their hearthbeats too much and are at risk of a heart attack.
Baseball is no joke

Josh Hamilton killed a guy once.

death is a part of baseball

Very often, in fact the majority of baseball players will die in their lifetime.

yeah.... from waiting for how long it takes the pitchman to throw a ball at the umpire

we should kill baseball players at birth to prevent them from suffering, that's the most human thing to do

kEk

Never. To get injured you first have to move.

Does a broken hand from a HBP count?

Europeans often die of getting blown up by a refugee while posting

Pitchers get injured often because throwing the ball that fast causes their arm to deteriorate. People get smacked with baseballs going 100mph sometimes which can be very bad, it killed a guy once. Otherwise no they don't happen often compared to other sports due to the fact that its against the rules to block or tackle players and its easily avoidable.

It's pretty common, I guess

a lot. the ball comes off the bat at over 100 miles per hour and it's pretty fucking hard even though it's covered in leather, and the pitcher is only 60 feet away.

getting hit with a fastball can end your career too. if it hits your face there's a good chance of breaking a bone. baseball can be very gruesome.

Mostly torn ligaments and shit from playing 162 games with no time off

youtube.com/watch?v=nycE8wsfwE8

youtube.com/watch?v=4-IyDJrX15s

Oh yeah, the main part.

Bro, UCL tears.

underrated

Think a Barves pitcher had his arm rip apart during a game a couple years ago. Something about PED use had weakened his bones and his arm could take the stress of throwing.

You forgot blown hamstring.

Never; most baseball injuries are self induced

>60 day dl stint for literally slipping in the shower

Canizares missed the 2002 world cup because he wanted to catch an aftershave bottle with his foot and ended up severing a tendon in his hotel room.

clogged arteries.

Kevin Pillar once had to go on the dl because he sneezed too hard and threw his back out

Everytime I see this pic, I get more conviced it is a masterpiece

martin also had his own "I slipped in the shower" episode this year

he wasn't out for long though

dustin penner hurt his back while eating pancakes.

Jokes on you he was actually on drugs, that was a bullshit excuse.

truly one of the greatest pictures of all time

ouch

youtube.com/watch?v=PvfPjkbk5BA

youtube.com/watch?v=G_7W27tWUd8

neither of these happen much anymore, they still can if the the fielder is in your way, but you can't go out of your way to hit someone anymore. also teams get mad and start 'brawls' at any little thing these days

youtube.com/watch?v=b7owqw0qj0c

baseball games routinely put people into comas

This. I've seen entire stadiums of 400 fans fall asleep while "watching"

you forgot running into a wall

also in hindsight catcher collisions seems a bit ridiculous that it was ever allowed. They might be wearing a bunch of gear but they're still pretty much defenseless as some asshole comes at them at full speed with the full intent to hurt them, even in football they have rules against that. Takeout slides can get pretty brutal also, you can easily break someone's leg or tear their knee or something

Since when Spain gives a shit about that, though?

I got a splinter from the wooden bench today really makes you look at life differently

>me in the black

>you forgot running into a wall
Only if they manage to run into the non padded parts. Or play at Wrigley which is a patented death trap that will take out multiple outfielders every season because they forget that behind the plants is a solid brick wall.

running into a wall really hurts even if it's padded

It hurts or might stun you, but it won't cause fractures that will knock you out for months.

You can definitely break a bone running into a padded wall. One of my buddies on the track team in high school did it.