Does anyone else like to listen to normie music every once in a while?

Does anyone else like to listen to normie music every once in a while?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxTHT3_QsUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's normie music, everything that's not as "patrician" as your taste? Or do you mean you usually only listen to Whitehouse?

yes, according to Sup Forums every day

that's all i listen to

Fot instnce, I listened to Breaking Benjamin this morning.....the standard of normie rock

A lot of normie music perpetuates some of my best memories

Calvin Harris "Bounce" reminds me of university. Calvin Harris "Summer" reminds me of going to a theme park with my ex. Calvin Harris "This is what you came for" reminds me of rimming a fat assed Canadian girl in a hostel toilet

To conclude, there's too much Calvin Harris being played everywhere

HIS FIRST ALBUM IS ACTUALLY GOOD

Yeah. I remember hearing Lana Del Rey for the first time after a long period of only listening to harsh noise. It was refreshing.

Don't be insecure about the music you listen to. If someone asks me what my favourite genres of music are, I usually answer shoegaze and post rock. But I unironically, and thoroughly, enjoy 2 Chainz. Sometimes I just go on youtube and listen to watch out lil bitch.

There's value to be gained from all music (no matter how small), even shit like brokencyde. Although I do feel like I get a lot of value from 2 Chainz and other hood, trap pop garbage like that broccoli song.

I like Taylor Swift

cake by the ocean is lowkey very lit

When i train for rock climbing my team plays top 40 music, i've learned to tolerate it

I'm not autistic so I don't buy into any kind of "normie"/"non-normie" distinction when it comes to music

Sometimes I go incognito and listen Katy Perry

90% of the music on this board is normie

You don't have to be autistic to recognise what music normal people listen to you moron

Yeah but you have to be autistic to actually care about listening to it

>normal people
Autist detected

We, literally, had Gorillaz and Hip Hop threads every day..

That's not what you said though

does non-normie music = avant-garde nonsense that makes your ears bleed and that you dont really enjoy listening to? or simply stuff outside the top 40

you sure think you are special just because you browse Sup Forums and listen to weird music claiming to "understand" it, while you are just tricking your fucking self by forcing you to like shit that you think it fucking makes you cool.

Normies still listen to stuff out of top40. It's just something that someone who isn't that interested in music would listen to

So Kanye, Kendrick, Taylor, Fleet Foxes, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Beach Boys, QoTSA, Weezer, Daft Punk, stuff like that?

i listen to the radio like once or twice a month and since i dont have the songs hammered into my head i can enjoy the music for what it is: catchy, formulaic radio safe pop music

I listen to a broad range of music, why limit yourself and be pigeonholed when you can experience everything?

all your "non-normie" music is just normie music but not popular

Well yes. Ever since I first came on Sup Forums I've been going through the natural stages of the normal Sup Forumstant.

First its the"awakening" of sorts, where you realize there's better music out there than what you've been listening to so far. Then you get to the "fuck bad music" phase where you kind of look down on everything about (and anyone who listens to) "bad music" and you preach on about your superior taste in music to people who couldn't care less, a.k.a normies. After this you'll experience a relapse into your old music tastes, here you'll find yourself turning off scrobbling on last.fm to stream a pop-punk album to remember how your life used to be. Then it's the final stage, where you stop caring about anything and listen to whatever hits your eardrum in a way that gives off a good feeling.

>taking scrobbling that seriously

Happy for you. My post doesn't really apply to well-adjusted people.

Outside top 40, way outside

THIS

Link me 3 threads on the board right now which isn't ''normie'' music

Lolno.

Keep projecting though.

I don't feel cool at all. If anything; isolated.

I don't even know what normie music means to you
The Chainsmokers? Nirvana? Calvin Harris? Pink Floyd? Coldplay?

>

pink floyd

Yeah, that
Doesn't mean people who are interested in music can't listen to any of those either

I am a professional musician and know plenty of other musicians.

Its only the music normies that judge so much. Stop pretending you have better taste than your neighbor.

I do though

yeah actually. I listen to the Killers occasionally, some Nirvana here and there.and when I feel like a real asshole I listen to some of the top 50

So the fact that I legitimately enjoy "Karuva - Can't Stop, Won't Stop" will give you a feeling of superiority?

>rimming fat assed canadian girl
elaborate?

Nice joke :^)

No, it does not

Always. Sup Forums's picks are too obscure and shitty.

wut

>Sup Forums's picks are too obscure and shitty.

Yep, spamming those super obscure p4k BNM and Youtube channel Fantanos favorites are like, so obscure.

Yeah I listen to Death Grips every once in a while

all the time, i'm here to shitpost

I have given up on Sup Forums. I listen to Top 40 & radio music now. xD

>the Killers
Muh nigga

I listen to mashups of popular music :D youtube.com/watch?v=rxTHT3_QsUQ

Sup Forums loves Kanye and Kendrick Lamar which is undisputably normie

i like a couple of 'normie' songs like somebody that i used to know but i dont go out of my way to listen to them

>restricting what you listen to because its not what you want your "taste" to be
Very un-cool

is it what you came for, if you're picking up what I'm putting down?

Yeah.